Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Author Topic: Ocean Corp. Systems Test (Murder Arena RTD)  (Read 14571 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
Ocean Corp. Systems Test (Murder Arena RTD)
« on: March 12, 2016, 02:57:48 am »

What is this?
This is a simulated reality, commonly known as a "Roll to Dodge", in which several participants perform tasks to their hearts desires. Though it is the intent to cause these "Players" to joyfully murder each other, that is not the sole possible outcome.

Where am I?
You are currently in a space between spaces between spaces, en route to be inserted into an area that dynamically encompasses several scenes from real, unreal, and transreal existences.

What is the purpose of this exercise?
We here at Ocean Corp. commonly design and produce various strange and unusual items to sell to physical beings, such as yourself. However, we find it difficult to test these designs ourselves, and as such must recruit such beings in order to prove the viability of our product in practice. In addition, we worry that small imperfections in the fabric of meta-reality may cause larger problems for the pan-multiverse down the line, so these tests have also been optimised to diagnose such imperfections and hopefully find a solution.

Why was I selected for this exercise?
We rolled some dice.

Anyway, it seems that you are approaching the destination, so simply fill out the following form:
Code: [Select]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Visual Description:[/b]
[b]Non-visual Description:[/b]
[b]How did you get here?:[/b] (Fell through a dimensional hole, died, took an experimental teleporter, fell asleep, etc.)
[b]Stats:[/b] (All start at 0. For each level you lower a stat, you can bring another up one. Can go down to -2 and up to +4)
Kinesthetics:
Reactions:
Precision:
Toughness:
Adaptability:
Knowledge:

We will be taking five subjects for now. If the number of potential subjects exceeds that, we will draw lots and the excess will be vented.

Spoiler: ((Wait, what?)) (click to show/hide)
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
Re: Ocean Corp. Systems Test (Murder Arena RTD)
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2016, 02:59:35 am »

Active players:
« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 07:57:02 pm by Egan_BW »
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2016, 03:25:37 am »

Name:Buster the crash dummy.
Visual Description:His usual form is a plastic crash dummy. Usually inert, but people around him swear he is looking at you.
Non-visual Description:His purpose in life is to face every dangerous situation conceivable by man.
How did you get here?: He spontaneously manifested when someone said "dangerous tests".
Stats: (All start at 0. For each level you lower a stat, you can bring another up one. Can go down to -2 and up to +4)
Kinesthetics:0
Reactions:0
Precision:-2
Toughness: 4
Adaptability:0
Knowledge: -2
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 10:43:17 am by Aigre Excalibur »
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2016, 04:26:47 am »

Name: Oliver Cromwell (Ollie to friends)
Visual Description:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Non-visual Description: A deeply religious Independent Puritan, as well as a great military commander, he sees himself as driven by God to victory. He was a cruel and effective Lord Protectorate of England before his unfortunate assassination, leading many campaigns against the cyber-scots and the Irish mechsuits, as well as several stunning victories over the Polonium-fueled Royalist tank regiment.
How did you get here?: Blown up by a Royalist plot after a reign of terror as Lord Protectorate of England, with a nuclear device constructed by Catholics. His divine Will was too strong to let his soul dissipate, and here seemed like as good a place as any.
Stats:
Kinesthetics: -2
Reactions: -2
Precision: -2
Toughness: 0
Adaptability: +3
Knowledge: +3

Seems like Aigre's forgotten the three rules of success: Minmax, minmax, minmax.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 09:31:22 am by NJW2000 »
One wheel short of a wagon

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2016, 06:40:00 am »

Seems like Aigre's forgotten the three rules of sucess: Minmax, minmax, minmax.

I'm good at everything irl, k?
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2016, 08:17:44 am »

Name: Sir Jorge
Visual Description: Tall, strong your standard knight Hospitaller
Non-visual Description: This guy thinks he's a knight from the crusades
How did you get here?: Picked up a magic sword next thing he knows he's here
Stats: (All start at 0. For each level you lower a stat, you can bring another up one. Can go down to -2 and up to +4)
Kinesthetics: +2
Reactions: +2
Toughness: +2
Adaptability: -2
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 02:54:58 pm by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2016, 09:16:42 am »

Name: Jürgen
Visual Description: Avarage man, avarage height, avarage face. Utterly forgottable.
Non-visual Description: He's not a clever man
How did you get here?: He was on his way to kitchen for a snack and got lost.
Stats:
Kinesthetics: 0
Reactions: 0
Toughness: 0
Adaptability: +4
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 09:21:12 am by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2016, 10:31:54 am »

Name:Misha
Visual:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[/b]
Non-visual Description:Bullets good, Slow but steady, who touched my sadvich!
How did you get here:Telaporting bread mishap
Kinesthetics: 1
Precision:-2
Toughness: 2
Adaptability: 1
Knowledge: 0
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2016, 02:11:07 pm »

Alright, we have five. I'll wait another day and then we can start.
I'm surprised how many of you have -2s in stats, but I suppose that's your choice.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2016, 02:16:03 pm »

I'm surprised how many of you have -2s in stats, but I suppose that's your choice.
Who need precision when you have many bullet!
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2016, 02:29:37 pm »

Who need precision when you have many bullet!
Also known as, why only fail when you can hilariously fail?
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Moopli

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Spines Here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2016, 08:29:46 pm »

Name: Smeet Smoot
Visual Description: You are a burlap sack. You have the words "Smeet Smoot' embroidered on your surface.
Non-visual Description: Surprisingly, not sentient, sapient, or even alive. Just an ordinary burlap sack. However, when anybody talks about you, they have the overriding compulsion to describe you in the second person singular. How quaint.
How did you get here?: You were most likely brought here by someone or something.
Stats:
Kinesthetics: -2
Toughness: -2
Adaptability: -2

Edit: if you don't want to accept this character I don't mind, it's a joke anyway. But who knows, a burlap sack may make a useful prop.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 08:43:27 pm by Moopli »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2016, 08:57:17 pm »

I won't take any character that isn't humanoid. I also won't take any characters that are incapable of taking actions.
Feel free to make a humanoid motile character with those stats though. :P

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2016, 11:29:53 pm »

Buster is sentient, mmk?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2016, 05:09:31 pm »

Alright, guess we'll start with these five.
Before we start proper, everyone choose one of the following special items:

Subversion
Blinds
Hardware
Relativity
Justice
Ripper
Doooooodge
Magic Calculator
Bad Idea
Rubber

And no, I'm not telling you what they do. That's part of the Fun.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10