Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: Ocean Corp. Systems Test (Murder Arena RTD)  (Read 14574 times)

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ocean Corp. Systems Test (Murder Arena RTD)
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2016, 11:18:14 pm »

Buster waits patiently for the countdown to end and for the wristcuffs to open.

Check the doors. They're probably locked, aren't they?

If they aren't get one open.

If they are, scrum into the corpsepile as a distraction for the rest of the team to do their thing.

Action edited.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 05:06:26 am by Aigre Excalibur »
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2016, 11:39:02 pm »

((Do you have something against European timezones?))

"Right! As the military commander here, I suggest you all listen to me, and we may get to safety with nobody important dying. Knight-like fellow, you can be my second in command, better get slashing! You bruisers, get on either side of me, I'll use the firearm, you cover the sides. And you across from me, come over here, Sir, and bring that automaton with you, it might come in useful."

Back into the nearest corner, discharge my firearm at the first corpse.

"Sure thing!"

Jürgen jogs on this guy's side. Move the bubble on corpses near him to see what it does.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2016, 11:49:03 pm »

As they get to their feet, the corpses look confusedly and hungrily around the room.

Corpses: [Reactions: 2] 5
Ollie: [Reactions: 2] 5
Misha: [Reactions: 3] 4
Jorge: [Reactions: 6] 2
Buster: [Reactions: 1] 6
Jürgen: [Reactions: 3] 4

Actions will be taken in this order:
Jorge
Misha & Jürgen
Ollie & Corpses
Buster

Use Ripper to open my restraints. Then see what else Ripper can do. Kill any zombies that get to close while screaming about the saving their souls through killing them.
You excitedly fumble with the dagger in your hands, trying to open the handcuff with them. [Adaptability+Precision: 3] You manage to turn the knife around enough to scratch at your bonds, but this surprisingly has little effect on the metal shackles.

Sprint torwards Ollie and attempt to have the tendrils attack what ever gets near me...except sir jorge and Ollie.
[Knowledge: 3] You decide that sprinting isn't really necessary, and jog over to Oliver Cromwell, huddling up close to him.
[Adaptability: 3] Your metal tendrils spool out of their housing, seemingly ready to strike.

"Right! As the military commander here, I suggest you all listen to me, and we may get to safety with nobody important dying. Knight-like fellow, you can be my second in command, better get slashing! You bruisers, get on either side of me, I'll use the firearm, you cover the sides. And you across from me, come over here, Sir, and bring that automaton with you, it might come in useful."

"Sure thing!"

Jürgen jogs on this guy's side. Move the bubble on corpses near him to see what it does.
You also go to meet the famous Oliver Cromwell, licking his oblivious face.
[Adaptability: 5] You instinctively move the yellow area to cover the whole pile, making sure not to touch yourself or any of your new friends in the process. It would appear that you can cover any area with the effect, though greater areas take a small toll on your focus.

Around this time, everyone's cuffs tick down to zero, and unlock.

Quote from: Corpses
What is this? Feast upon the living!
[Corpses Toughness: 5] Six zombies awaken, and they look mad.
... But ineffective, as they struggle to move, but are stopped by some unseen force.
Ollie back off, and fires one round at the prone corpses. [Precision+Adaptability: 4] His shooting isn't impressive, but the bullet finds a way to it"s mark on it's own.
As the massive bolt collides with the field that Jürgen created, it instantly slows down, and then explodes with the force of a small grenade. the shrapnel that enters the field is similarly slowed down, and it all mysteriously misses Ollie, but the two people standing next to him are not so lucky.

[Jürgen Kinesthetics: 1]
[Misha Kinesthetics+Adaptability: 6]
Acting of it's own volition, Misha's backpack shoots out several steel cables, which attach to nearby walls and yank him out of the way.
[Misha Toughness: 3]
Misha drops to the ground on his feet, and looks a bit sick, but is otherwise fine.
[Shrapnel Assholishness: 5]
Pieces of shrapnel tear though Jürgen's heart, lungs, brain, and crotch. [Jürgen Toughness: 2] He is dead.
Relativity detaches itself from Jürgen's chest, and clatters to the floor nearby. At the same time a blue light emerges from his head, and flies into Ollie's head.

Oliver Cromwell may now increase one stat by one.

The moment that Jürgen dies, the zombies can move again, slightly more pissed.
Buster waits patiently for the countdown to end and for the wristcuffs to open.

Check the doors. They're probably locked, aren't they?

If they aren't get one open.

If they are, scrum into the corpsepile as a distraction for the rest of the team to do their thing.

Action edited.
You stare blankly at all that just transpired, fixated on the madness of the current events.
[Toughness: 4] Well, at least it wasn't you!

You take a leisurely look at the doors. They don't appear to have handles [Knowledge: 1] which probably means they're locked, yeah.
You decide to go swim in the open sea of corpses, where they can easily tear you into little plastic pieces.
They don't do that yet though, because it's the end of this monstrous, bloodsoaked turn.
You make a small salute to the fallen.

Next turn, people will act in this order:
Jorge
Misha
Corpses
Ollie
Buster

No, this is just what the dice told me to do. >_>  <_<
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2016, 11:53:24 pm »

Try again to unlock the secrets of the knife. Kill some zombies with it if that does not work.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 12:05:59 am by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2016, 11:56:20 pm »

Have two spikes move me around away from the center and from Jurgen and strike at anything near me.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2016, 12:03:57 am »

Try again to unlock the secrets of the knife.
[Knowledge+Adaptability: 2] You stare at the knife. It is a knightly dagger, with a crossguard. The designs look pretty.

Next turn, people will act in this order:
Misha
Corpses
Ollie
Buster
Jorge
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2016, 12:36:47 am »

I forgot the map lol.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2016, 01:01:13 am »

Also I'm changing the system midway through, so I'm going to reroll everyone's initiative. You got some pretty bad ones imho, so this might be good.
I'm going to basically use X-Com's Time Units, so before you can do a new action you have to wait for the old one to complete.
Reacting is an action for some reason, so you all do that.

[Corpses Reactions: 1] Corpses will take 6 TUs to react.
[Ollie Reactions: 1] Ollie will take 6 TUs to react.
[Misha Reactions: 6] Misha will take 2 TUs to react.
[Jorge Reactions: 6] Jorge will take 2 TUs to react.
[Buster Reactions: 2] Buster will take 5 TUs to react.

So Misha and Jorge will act first the next round. they can either take and action right then or wait until conditions change before acting, effectively as a kind of "overwatch".
The time that various common actions take is listed below, once that time is up, that character can act again instantly, so turns might have several actions from one character and none from another. I'll just go down the list in chronological order until I come to a place where I don't know what a character's next action will be.

Spoiler: Action Lengths (click to show/hide)
Finally, I have created a completely indecipherable and arkane system! Look upon my works, ye skubs, and be salty!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 08:39:21 am by Egan_BW »

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2016, 01:01:28 am »

Does my rubber have seekrits?
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2016, 01:05:20 am »

Yes, everything has secriets.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2016, 01:13:32 am »

Go overwatch, basic evade anything that attack and stab it back
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2016, 01:26:20 am »

Back away from the murder pool. Bonk any corpse that approaches.

If I still have time, try to wear the rubber. Never not use protection.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2016, 02:51:33 am »

Name: Gunther
Visual Description:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Non-visual Description: Man too sexy for his shirt.
How did you get here?: He partied too hard!
Stats: (All start at 0. For each level you lower a stat, you can bring another up one. Can go down to -2 and up to +4)
Kinesthetics:0
Reactions:0
Precision:0
Toughness:0
Adaptability:0
Knowledge:0

I need Blinds, for I'm too sexy for your eyes!
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2016, 07:26:08 am »

try to kill the zombies with Ripper.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 07:59:45 am by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2016, 07:40:28 am »

Previous post was made in a sleep-deprived haze of madness, but the point of a test game is to try things out, so I'm still going through with it, the madman.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10