Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 37

Author Topic: Omega legion: Bluff Harder!  (Read 46902 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Omega legion: Merc Madness
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2016, 06:03:25 pm »

The smoke is to the west, and to the south, and is half a day or more walking distance away. to hike here and back will take at least a full day, and probably more, considering the terrain.
           n
         w+e
           s                                Hills  treeline
                                  you guys     treeline
      smoke                                          hills treeline
valleys
         smoke
      valleys
                  smoke       

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2016, 06:05:01 pm »

((So, if I understood the opening right, the goblins are supposed to be to the north of where we are now, correct?))

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2016, 06:12:20 pm »

"The goblins should be north still. The smoke is probably just the homesteads she mentioned."

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2016, 06:12:48 pm »

So here's a thought: can I propel my gloves forward with my telekinesis, fists clenched for grippling, fast enought to drag behind them, effectively flying in superman-esque pose?

Stil inclined to hike west.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 06:15:45 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2016, 06:14:32 pm »

"Proposition: This one would be more than willing to split up and go meet the goblins, to establish first contact, alone. This way the rest of you can scout around while this one does the talking."

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2016, 06:27:57 pm »

"Alright, I'll check out the forest."
Move east.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2016, 06:30:53 pm »

"Statement: This one will go north to meet the goblins, then. This one will stay there until the rest of you are finished scouting and come to meet him.
Query: Unless any would like for a different arrangement?"

Head north to go meet with the goblins.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2016, 06:41:56 pm »

I can cover the forest, more in my skill set.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2016, 08:27:13 pm »

PERHAPS SOMEONE SHOULD ACCOMPANY THE METAL MAN. YOU KNOW, TO ENSURE THAT HE DOES NOT MURDER ANYONE THIS TIME.

Follow Clunkers North.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2016, 10:16:28 pm »

Join the northwards party, goblins are probably less likely to attack me on sight.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2016, 08:02:28 am »

"Hmm. If none of you object, I will go and scout the fort. Where shall we meet when I'm finished?"

Talk with the team, then hide myself and go looking for that abandoned fort.

So here's a thought: can I propel my gloves forward with my telekinesis, fists clenched for grippling, fast enought to drag behind them, effectively flying in superman-esque pose?

Stil inclined to hike west.

get going, walk in around to the north of where the smoke is coming from a bit before heading back to the group
I'll go up ahead and preform a bit of scouting, I'll be back hopefully...if i am not presume me dead.

"Alright, I'll check out the forest."
Move east.

"Statement: This one will go north to meet the goblins, then. This one will stay there until the rest of you are finished scouting and come to meet him.
Query: Unless any would like for a different arrangement?"

Head north to go meet with the goblins.

PERHAPS SOMEONE SHOULD ACCOMPANY THE METAL MAN. YOU KNOW, TO ENSURE THAT HE DOES NOT MURDER ANYONE THIS TIME.

Follow Clunkers North.

Join the northwards party, goblins are probably less likely to attack me on sight.

Hey guys, there are enough characters in this team whose name I don't remember that I'd like you to put your names at the top of the posts for a while, if you would. Clunkers and Terrance are excused unless they'd like to for consistency.

Alright, Jack the demon moves south-southwest, Mordred the demon host moves west, Arileth the burnt elf moves northwest,  Solam the zombie moves east, and the remainder moves north toward the goblins. I assume Jack's "hide myself" meant to make himself inconspicuous for the journey, and he does that with confidence that it worked well enough. and no, Comrade, telekenisis is not a free flight tool. Telekinesis is always in respect to your own position.

So, let's see what you each find. Jack drifts southwesterly for a couple hours, passing one or two homesteads on the way, at a distance. the trails from the homesteads move in the direction he is going, so he feels he is on the right track, but he sees no other sign of the fort yet. Mordred climbs down a ravine that seems promising, but ends in a deadfall, so he has to backtrack for a while and ends up making little progress. Arileth finds a game trail and follows that for a while. When he next reaches an opening in the treeline, he notes that he is farther north than he intended to be, by about an hour's walk. The homesteads are a couple hours away yet. The large group has similar trouble to Mordred - they head in what appears to be the right direction, but find themselves boxed in by cliffs, and in attempting to navigate them, they get turned around and end up coming out of the trees almost at their point of origin. I haven't got a clue what Solam was looking for in the woods to the east, but whatever it was, he found it.

Oh, and one of your teams has Moopli's giant tortoise along for the ride, so when he gets here, either call dibs or call not it, depending on your preference.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2016, 08:45:33 am »

"Annoyed statement: This is getting us nowhere.
Pondering statement: If we are having trouble finding the goblins, perhaps the mercs will have the same problems. Similarely, these cliffs could play to our advantage
System report: Initiating global positioning computing, target: goblin camp. Stand by."

Use robutt computing to figure out how to succesfully head north to the goblins. Then do so. If we run into similar problems as before, compute again.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2016, 08:51:16 am »

Arileth: head forwards towards the smoke sticking to the trees
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2016, 09:18:32 am »

Cho-Ja

attempt to locate a way around our current obstacle, use meta-knowlegde to ponder whether i can combine sorcery and innate magic to buff other people with bug-like qualities or abilities.

((what if he tied a rope around himself to make a harness, left a trailing line, and attached a blanket or something to the other end of it.

basically, is telekinetic paragliding a thing?))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2016, 11:04:44 am »

Mordred

((I'm good with walking, just trying to get a better understanding of what my character is capable of.))

Keep on going west, see if the smokes are still there. Hopefully I'll get somewhere before it's dark.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 37