Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 37

Author Topic: Omega legion: Bluff Harder!  (Read 46976 times)

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
Re: Omega legion: Merc Madness
« Reply #270 on: April 21, 2016, 07:13:01 pm »

Wait until violence commences, and then pick a merc close to Clunkers to subject to sensory torture. If that's effective, do the same on others nearby once he's down. If it isn't, switch to using my blowdarts.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: April 22, 2016, 07:28:35 am »

In the interest of entertainment and all that, the group at the merc base is now at nightfall, so you can do whatever it was you were planning there. Sorry about the delay.

I fixed the map. I think. I just type it right into the reply window. Someone suggested last time I did this that I use code tags so it would look right on phones, and I did, and this was the result. I pay very little attention, as you might have noticed.

You guys are in luck, it seems. Arileth and Terrance spot the band of mercs as they come up through the field below Arileth's position, heading pretty much straight for Clunkers. None of the rest of you see them yet. Let's see, there are apparently four in the party: a troll, a human, who has the look that all you sorcerers have - that wildness at eye, that slight distraction, that twitchiness - agreyskinned fellow, shorter than a human and rather frail looking, and something that looks made of sticks, pebbles, rocks and leaves. It is quite tall, but does not appear to have standard limbs, being made of odd, different parts as it is, with vines and sticks winding around the rocks, which move about inside the tangled mess as it goes.

Now, I have to roll this:

sit and wait for mercs to pass me before stepping out behind them and stabbing at them
First, I am going to assume you aim for one of the normal sized ones. Second: stealth roll, third: attack.

Okay, you slip Leeroy Jenkins up to the human, but before you get to stabby range, he turns toward you, perhaps hearing you, perhaps hearing something else, orperhaps just looking at the scenery. anyway, he sees you and responds as you attack and your swing falls short as he lurches away. He then casts a ... something, your way, but yo udodge nimbly and whatever it was doesn't make contact.

alright, so hostilities have started, which means ...

Solam

Wait for the mercs to speak to Clunkers. If violence happens, charge at the closest merc.
Violence is happening, but not within your range. You do hear the startled cry or someone, and assume battle has commenced. You lurch toward the sound. You come out into the field and the closest beings you see are a grey skinned fellow, quite short, and a troll. Both turn toward you as you crash out form the brush. the Troll's eyes widen to show whites all around, and it lets out a keening wail. Kinda a weird sound for a Troll to make. It's knuckles go white on it's club's handle. Suddenly, a sonic blast from behind you hits so loud that it knocks you off your feet.

and ...

Wait until violence commences, and then pick a merc close to Clunkers to subject to sensory torture. If that's effective, do the same on others nearby once he's down. If it isn't, switch to using my blowdarts.
You target the human that is fighting with Arileth. Your sensory attack hits, but the human does something weird, and the sensory distortion bounces around to the other mercs, linking them all together weirdly, but otherwise showing no visible harm. Only you can sense this weird linking - none of the other Omegas are aware of it.

Okay, so this one now:

Question: Could you maybe make the map legible? The text is displayed monospaced but you must've composed it otherwise since the spacing is all wonky. Or maybe it's intentional and the ridge is kinda discontinuous?

Hom:

Sit tight, prepare for magicking. If dudes come from an approach near me, stay hidden and hope they get lured by teammates further along. If they approach from closer to the northwestern team members, I'll poke my head above the bushes and bellow for attention, to lure them past my teammates.

((didn't realize we wouldn't have more prep time, so could I maybe assume I could retroactively suggest this idea to the others?  Not necessarily that we've conferred and agreed on a plan, just that I proposed it. Thankee))
((nope, yu guys had like six turns to do this stuff. And I rolled the timeframe. Sometimes battle happens. Sorry))

You let out quite a sonic blast. You have no idea how that affects the mercs though, but it was quite loud.

Okay, the fun has begun. Try not to die too much. I mean, feel free to die a little, anyway.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: April 22, 2016, 07:36:10 am »

Staby stab stab for the eyes!
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: April 22, 2016, 12:25:54 pm »

((Son of a bitch, I didn't have time to write a post yesterday because of my internship. Fuck. ))

Clockwork magic: hold the humanoid figurine in front of me so that it is next to the troll in my vision. from afar they'll probably look about the same height as well. Then, when I've linked their similar builds in my mind, twist the head 360 degrees. We voodoo now.

If anyone attacks me while I'm trying to do this, dodge and give them a brass fist of justice right in their ugly gob.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: April 22, 2016, 01:54:14 pm »

Solam Kobemtosed

Roll to a side, stand up.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: April 22, 2016, 06:13:09 pm »

Staying as a shadow, get a little closer to the fort. Who's still awake? are there any lookouts, and if so, are any alone?

"We might want to read the mind of a sentry first, no need to find a higher-up if the rank and file know what we want to know."
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Moopli

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Spines Here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: April 22, 2016, 08:01:09 pm »

((don't mind at all, this is plenty fun))
Hom:

"Ooho! I wonder, what will this do?"
Spill some puddles of magic at the feet of the mercs. Whistle cheerfully.

((so with all this wild magic, how can I direct it? Should I decide whether to rain magic, or hork gobs of magic, or pull magic out of the ground, or shine rays of magic, etc, and you (or rngesus) decide what the exact effects of the magic are? Or do you think I should give more direction as to the effects, too? Or less?))

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: April 22, 2016, 08:10:58 pm »

SEEMS LIKE NONE OF MY MAGIC IS WORKING TODAY....

Fuck this. Bury a poisoned dart in the humie's chest.

((That reminds me... You never specified what types of poisons I had m, beyond "a variety of effects". Could you elaborate on that, or are we just going to leave them in a convenient quantum state?))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: April 23, 2016, 11:27:13 pm »

Cho Ja

sneak within twenty or thirty yards of the earthwoks or lumberjacking going on.

try to identify the mercenaries water and food storage.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: April 24, 2016, 01:54:47 pm »

Staying as a shadow, get a little closer to the fort. Who's still awake? are there any lookouts, and if so, are any alone?

"We might want to read the mind of a sentry first, no need to find a higher-up if the rank and file know what we want to know."
there are several lookouts patrolling the fort. A couple other late nighters are chatting inside - you glimpse the telltale flicker of a campfire and sense the smoke. None of the sentries go out of range of the other beings which are awake at the moment.

Cho Ja

sneak within twenty or thirty yards of the earthwoks or lumberjacking going on.

try to identify the mercenaries water and food storage.

There's a building inside the earthworks that looks like a good candidate for food and water storage. Right next to the headquarters looking building.

Staby stab stab for the eyes!

((almost missed you))
You slash and miss, and the sorcerer launches a wall of force at you which knocks you back twenty feet and on your back. You are slightly stunned.

((Son of a bitch, I didn't have time to write a post yesterday because of my internship. Fuck. ))

Clockwork magic: hold the humanoid figurine in front of me so that it is next to the troll in my vision. from afar they'll probably look about the same height as well. Then, when I've linked their similar builds in my mind, twist the head 360 degrees. We voodoo now.

If anyone attacks me while I'm trying to do this, dodge and give them a brass fist of justice right in their ugly gob.

((If you warn me ahead of time, I will do my best to work around sudden tight schedules. Sorry you missed that round, but Clunkers wouldn't have immediately saw the enemy anyway))
(1) you fumble the clockwork man and drop it in the grass at your feet. it takes [this turn] to regather it. On the bright side, every enemy is currently busy being stabbed at, shouted at, or poisoned at, and has little attention for you, if they have even seen you yet.

Solam Kobemtosed

Roll to a side, stand up.
You roll to the side, and lurch upright with a groan, right in the face of the troll. it scrams, you scrteam, it grabs you by the shoulders, you grab it by the elbow. You both hold this tableau, screaming and holding each other, completely flabbergasted. Suddenly you feel a strange itching on your skin, all over your torso. It's pretty uncomfortable and will make you lose initiative.

((don't mind at all, this is plenty fun))
Hom:

"Ooho! I wonder, what will this do?"
Spill some puddles of magic at the feet of the mercs. Whistle cheerfully.

((so with all this wild magic, how can I direct it? Should I decide whether to rain magic, or hork gobs of magic, or pull magic out of the ground, or shine rays of magic, etc, and you (or rngesus) decide what the exact effects of the magic are? Or do you think I should give more direction as to the effects, too? Or less?))
You can't see the mercs, so you are going to approximate tyheir location from sounds and all, which will be a roll. You feel that you get a good grip on their location and will some goop at them. Again, you can't tell what happens, but you get a feeling that the magic hit them, but not in a way you intended.  ((You are doing fine with your directives. it IS wild magic, which makes it unreliable and chaotic, so, while there is a chance you will get what you are after, there is a chance you will summon bees instead.))

SEEMS LIKE NONE OF MY MAGIC IS WORKING TODAY....

Fuck this. Bury a poisoned dart in the humie's chest.

((That reminds me... You never specified what types of poisons I had m, beyond "a variety of effects". Could you elaborate on that, or are we just going to leave them in a convenient quantum state?))
You ... Did you just prick yourself with that poison dart? You drop the blowgun in horror.
((I could elaborate.))

Hoo boy. Now there is trouble.

All the vegetation around Arileth and Solam bunch and gather, winding up Solam's legs and around Arileth's body, holding them both tight and squeezing. this is painful, especially to Arileth, who is beginning to gasp for air.

And more trouble
Clunkers feels heavy, and fears that he is suddenly about to wind down, running out of energy and becoming frozen as a statue. Terrance begins frantically checking his limbs for punctures. Arileth is fairly sure he is about to die, and he might be right. Solam becomes very calm, feeling nothing at all. Probably a zombie thing though. I mean, he's already dead, right? And Hom suddenly realizes what his spell just did - it rebounded on his friends and gave them a deep need to consume, or tear themselves apart.

A rather grim round all told.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: April 24, 2016, 02:27:32 pm »

Throw my spear at the sorcerer before cutting at the vines around me
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: April 24, 2016, 07:57:25 pm »

Cho Ja

Roll around in the dirt a bit to make myself dirty and hard to spot.

wait for an opportunity to sneak even closer.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Moopli

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Spines Here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: April 24, 2016, 10:26:08 pm »

Hom:

"Shit."
Undo! Then move to a position where I can ACTUALLY SEE WHAT IS GOING ON

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: April 25, 2016, 08:24:27 am »

"Annoyed statement: F-fools. Whas is this? Feeble magics of f-f-f-eeble orga-a-a-nics. You are no match for my superior engineering. I s-s-s-hall not be rendered inert by this!"

Do a system check to see what parts are having problems and use my redundant systems to pick up the slack where necessary!

If this works and I still have actions left this turn, attempt the twisty head voodoo clockwork magic again!

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: April 25, 2016, 01:12:00 pm »

Solam Kobemtosed

Try to wrestle the troll to the ground. Keep him as close to me as I can.
((So, did the sudden calmness undo the strange torso itching?))
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 37