Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 37

Author Topic: Omega legion: Bluff Harder!  (Read 46925 times)

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
Re: Omega legion: Merc Madness
« Reply #285 on: April 25, 2016, 04:02:10 pm »

Determine whether or not I just poisoned myself. Don't prick myself again in the process.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: April 26, 2016, 08:07:13 am »

Determine whether or not I just poisoned myself. Don't prick myself again in the process.

you are in the middle of combat, you really should post at least something offensive as well, probably. Anyway you shake off the fear that you have pricked yourself -it was a silly fear anyway, you knew you hadn't. Gonna go ahead and use last turn's action now - firing at the humie, since it was an action interrupted. You see his hand jerk up to his neck. Nice shot. He drops to one knee, then falls over on his face. The troll wails in pain, and there is a disturbance of some kind near the vinerockbeast.

The grey shouts an incantation of some kind, and Solam goes suddenly rigid, a glistening coating forming over his body, the arms of the troll, and the vegetation holding Solam.

Throw my spear at the sorcerer before cutting at the vines around me
Well, since you are on your back and entangled, the first action automatically fails. You do, however, manage to free yourself from the vines with some quick dagger action. A novel use of a punch dagger, but it worked. Just as you cut the last big obstacle away, a shadow falls over you. instinctively, you roll to the left, hearing a whistle and a loud thud right where you were moments ago. You rise on your hands and knees and look up at the vinerockbeast, rising from his attempt to mash you into fertilizer.

A thin stream of smoke or steam rises from a position just behind and to the right of the big vine guy. That's odd.

Hom:

"Shit."
Undo! Then move to a position where I can ACTUALLY SEE WHAT IS GOING ON
You You attempt to undo whatever is afecting your fellows and yourself, but encounter some resistance. You manage to free yourself, at least, and recognize that this was not your own spell. Now, being pretty slow, even for a Tortoise, you figure it will take youa little while to get into position to see - oh, whell that was quick. You mosey your way to a break in the tree line and look down at the clearing. You see the vinerockbeast, a glistening zombie, bound by glistening vines and being held by a screaming troll, a greyskinned fellow, and a stream of smoke You don't see Arileth, Clunkers, or Terrance from this vantage point.

"Annoyed statement: F-fools. Whas is this? Feeble magics of f-f-f-eeble orga-a-a-nics. You are no match for my superior engineering. I s-s-s-hall not be rendered inert by this!"

Do a system check to see what parts are having problems and use my redundant systems to pick up the slack where necessary!

If this works and I still have actions left this turn, attempt the twisty head voodoo clockwork magic again!

you get warning lights all over the place, but can't tell what is what, at all. Fortunately, your redundant systems seem to kick in and you soldier on. You see the humie go down, so you shift your attention to one of the other targets. that troll looks dangerous. you line the figurine up with the troll and cast to link them, but those darn error messages bleat at you and the link fizzles.

Solam Kobemtosed

Try to wrestle the troll to the ground. Keep him as close to me as I can.
((So, did the sudden calmness undo the strange torso itching?))
((nope.)) Before you can act, you get flash frozen solid. Ice covers you, the vines holding you, and the troll's arms. The troll jerks free moments later and steps back, bellowing. The cold is unpleasant, but the immobility is worse. You can't scratch that itch at all, and it is really bugging you.

Cho Ja

Roll around in the dirt a bit to make myself dirty and hard to spot.

wait for an opportunity to sneak even closer.

You cover yourself in dirt and creep slowly up the dirt embankment until you can peer inside and see all that is going on. You are mere feet from the path of the guards who patrol the top of the embankment. At an opportune time, it looks like you could get inside and into the shadows of some tents if you act carefully.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: April 26, 2016, 08:10:33 am »

Sprint over at the wizard guy moving to the left and stab at him if I can't see him charge torwards the smoke tossing my spear into it
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 11:13:37 am by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: April 26, 2016, 11:11:44 am »

Shoot the grey guy.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: April 26, 2016, 02:55:35 pm »

Solam Kobemtosed

Struggle with the ice.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: April 26, 2016, 03:53:20 pm »

((not a lot of time to make nice post today, sorry))

attempt doll clockwork voodoo bead twist on troll again. If it fails, attempt clockwork doll voodoo to simply keep him rooted in place.

Moopli

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Spines Here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: April 26, 2016, 10:38:31 pm »

Hom:

The mercs seem to be in a bit of a rush. Slow down the troll and tree-plant-thing.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: April 26, 2016, 11:21:08 pm »

Cho Ja

wait for the opportune moment to make a break for the tents.

wonder what happened to the guys I followed.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: April 27, 2016, 08:55:49 am »

The first thing that happens is the greyskinned guy goes rigid,staring hard at Solam and shouting. A disturbance appears around Solam, and ... things reach out, racing across the battlefield, darting among the combatants. Several settle on Solam and drag at him, to no noticable affect. Some swirl around the little cloud, and another scream is heard from within. And a few latch onto Arileth and get in his eyes, ears, and nose, pulling at his brain and making him go loopy a little.

Next, the Vine thingy swings a rockfist at Arileth again, Clipping him lightly and swinging him around. how he avoids a death blow here is a mystery.

Then Terrance acts:
Shoot the grey guy.
And hit's his target, who doesn't seem to react to the hit. perhaps the needle got lodged in teh clothing or something.

And all sound in the clearing suddenly ceases. it's weird. those of you outside the clearing can hear nature and all, but the sounds of battle in the clearing just stop.

Sprint over at the wizard guy moving to the left and stab at him if I can't see him charge torwards the smoke tossing my spear into it
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!
Since I don't know which wizard guy you are talking about, and the human sorcerer is dead, Arileth rushes over toward the smoke cloud with an angry vine creature on his heels, but he finds nothing there to stab.

Solam Kobemtosed

Struggle with the ice.
Solam struggles fruitlessly with his imprisonment, ignoring the ethereal thingies floating around tugging at him.

((not a lot of time to make nice post today, sorry))

attempt doll clockwork voodoo bead twist on troll again. If it fails, attempt clockwork doll voodoo to simply keep him rooted in place.
Clunkers finally manages a link with the troll, albeit a tenuous one, and gets the troll rooted in place, or at least slowed down, for a moment. But the troll resists the link, and Clunkers' doll moves along with the troll, who smashes both fists into the ice sculpture before him. This shatters the ice, and crushes the zombie's chest, crumpling him to the ground.

Sorry Zormod, Solam is out of the fight.

Hom:

The mercs seem to be in a bit of a rush. Slow down the troll and tree-plant-thing.
Finally, Hom begins attempting to bring a little peace to the field, and further slows both the plant thingy and the troll, but not by much. It might be the edge needed for Arileth to survive his little duel though.

Cho Ja

wait for the opportune moment to make a break for the tents.

wonder what happened to the guys I followed.

You don't find an opportunity this round, but remain hidden. At one point you shift your position along hte ridge to better line up with the tents for a better run. Good question about the others. Maybe they got eaten by the Badgermonkeys.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: April 27, 2016, 09:26:50 am »

sprint torwards the forest, or if there is no forest towards a low point at the ridge and then up the ridge and to the left.  Throw spear at vine beast leg. Do I have more then one spear on me?
Uuuuuuuuuuck!
((could we have a map pls?))
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 02:05:31 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: April 27, 2016, 01:46:36 pm »

((In my case, I'm playing an inanimate object whose host has no job, and my only capability is enhancing Jack's abilities.  I can't do that before Jack actually goes and does something.

Also, the knife can't really act on his own since Cho'Ja's present.  I would've ordered him to stay with the other group, but I wasn't watching the thread when he decided to follow.  Annoyingly.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: April 27, 2016, 02:19:51 pm »

Let's try for something less british but more precise. Use robot computing in conjunction with clockwork magic and the most applicable focus object to stop the mechanisms of the troll's heart(s?).

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: April 27, 2016, 08:06:44 pm »

Make grey guy hallucinate that his entire body, his clothes, and his hair are crawling with angry spiders. Shoot him with another dart, this time aiming for something other than his clothes.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: April 27, 2016, 11:11:26 pm »

Cho Ja

Keep trying to safely reach the tents, preferably close to the storehouse.

((Why would my presence stop you from acting on your own syv?))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: April 28, 2016, 01:56:53 pm »

((Well I fell out of the action, and subsequently dragged Syv out of it. Sorry about that. I take it some fighting is going on? Would someone care for a gist things that happened between when Clunkers started calculating the routes and right now?))
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 37