Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 37

Author Topic: Omega legion: Bluff Harder!  (Read 46684 times)

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Omega legion: Merc Madness
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2016, 12:24:31 pm »

Solam Kobemtosed

Head southeast now.
I'm just looking for trouble. Preferably a chance to cause it.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2016, 12:52:14 pm »

Try to discern a route via farseeing.

Moopli

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Spines Here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2016, 07:06:14 pm »

Hom the Dome with Stumpy Legs:

Hom retroactively wanders along behind Solam, not yet bothering to speak, but stopping to study a cactus or other desert plant occasionally.

((thanks :D))
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 07:08:35 pm by Moopli »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2016, 07:24:10 pm »

Jack the Totally Trustworthy:

Keep heading for the fort.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2016, 02:27:09 pm »

"Annoyed statement: This is getting us nowhere.
Pondering statement: If we are having trouble finding the goblins, perhaps the mercs will have the same problems. Similarely, these cliffs could play to our advantage
System report: Initiating global positioning computing, target: goblin camp. Stand by."

Use robutt computing to figure out how to succesfully head north to the goblins. Then do so. If we run into similar problems as before, compute again.
You run some robocalc, charting out a little mind map of your journey so far, and conclude that following a game trail that parallels the ridge should be sufficient to find a reasonable path upward. You locate one and head a little west of north.

Arileth: head forwards towards the smoke sticking to the trees
the smoke sticking to the trees heads toward you You finda spot where yo ucan observe four or five homesteads, three or so with fields attached, growing crops of some kind. the other two must be shepherding farms, what with the corrals and the sheep grazing on a hill just across the valley from you. A distant bleat reaches your ears every now and then, and the rhythmic sound of a hammer on wood, though you cannot locate the source of this latter sound, and the echoes tell you only that it is somewhat distant, but probably within the valley below.

Cho-Ja

attempt to locate a way around our current obstacle, use meta-knowlegde to ponder whether i can combine sorcery and innate magic to buff other people with bug-like qualities or abilities.

((what if he tied a rope around himself to make a harness, left a trailing line, and attached a blanket or something to the other end of it.

basically, is telekinetic paragliding a thing?))
"A burrowing snagret could get through this ridge easy enough. Wait, that stone issolid. nope. Guess not." Eh, you follow your shiny companion. You think about team buffing. You suppose you could hivemind up some insect buffs on your teammates, provided you feel unified enough in purpose to consider them a part of your hive. ((Imagine trying to move your car by sitting in the driver's seat and pushing on the steering wheel. that's what you are asking with telekinesis here. there are other ways to fly with magic, just this particular magic is not suited for it.))

Mordred

((I'm good with walking, just trying to get a better understanding of what my character is capable of.))

Keep on going west, see if the smokes are still there. Hopefully I'll get somewhere before it's dark.
You come out above a very small village - six or seven buildings along a small dirt road, which splits and fades into two track trails as it heads deeper in to the valley toward the other homesteads you can see in the distance. You recognize a little smithy, a mill next to the river, and a small but sturdy church. You don't recognize what religion is practiced there from teh structure of hte church however.

Solam Kobemtosed

Head southeast now.
I'm just looking for trouble. Preferably a chance to cause it.
Trouble eh? How vague and promising. is it my birthday already? Hmmmmmmm. Yo and the turtle, having stopped for a moment to look about, hear some noises in the near distance. you settle in amongst the brush and wait. So, an orc, recognizable by its size, greyish green skin, and tusks jutting up from it's lower lip, steps into the light of the little clearing you are watching, and blinks. a moment later an elf and a lizardman step into the glade next to the orc. the orc drops a sack from it's shoulders and stretches a little. It is armored and carries a large mace and a wicket looking machete. The elf carries a bow and a slender sword, and the lizardman leans on a staff, a small headress decorated with feathers and a necklace decorated with bones are it's only adornment, besides a leather belt holding a couple small leather pouches. A small, green, head with long ears pointed directly away from the sides of it rolls out of the sack when the orc drops it.
"Ugh. better put that back, Gnorsh, we're getting paid by the head here. Don't want to lose a bounty." And the orc dutifully stoops down to reach for the head. the three of them are about a third of the way around the glade from you. You would be in their peripheral vision if you stood and got their attention.

Hom the Dome with Stumpy Legs:

Hom retroactively wanders along behind Solam, not yet bothering to speak, but stopping to study a cactus or other desert plant occasionally.

((thanks :D))
You see what he sees up there, though obscured by the leaves of all these forest bushes and tree trunks and the like, and the delerium visions in your head of cacti and scorpions.

Try to discern a route via farseeing.
You pull out your little glass eye, and stare into it at the world around you. You see the trail that Clunkers is following and note a spot far ahead where the trail continues on, but, just through the undergrowth to the side, another small trail picks up and winds up between a couple outcroppings of rock onto the mountain ridge. you're vision zooms along the ridge a while until you see some unusual, dark brown, hairless boarlike creatures grazing idly in the tall grasses. nearby are some small, thin, pointy eared goblins with pronged staffs, and a little farther along is a set of large tents made of skins and brightly dyed. From the beaten down appearance of the grasses nearby, and the dusty patches and trails leading about the tents, it looks like they have been in that location a while. Perhaps since early spring.

Jack the Totally Trustworthy:

Keep heading for the fort.
you follow the trail for a while, but pick up no new clues as to the location of your destination.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2016, 02:43:27 pm »

Mordred

Go around the houses and back on the road, walk towards other homesteads - attempt to remain unseen by locals.
Look out for drinking joints, some administrative-looking buildings and churches.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 02:58:39 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2016, 02:50:51 pm »

Jack

There are cottages around here, yes? Take the form of an unthreatening traveler and look for a friendly villager. Tell them that I'm interested in visiting old forts, and ask for directions.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2016, 02:57:59 pm »

Arileth
Creep down towards the valley
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Moopli

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Spines Here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2016, 05:48:26 pm »

Quick reality check: sensation auras don't affect unlife, right? If so: project a weak aura of itchiness, like annoying bugs on skin or something. If it's working, make it steadily stronger. If it also seems to bother Solam, weaken it and maybe find a middle-ground where it'll still make them distracted but leave him alone. Otherwise, just placidly nom a leaf.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 05:51:35 pm by Moopli »

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2016, 06:33:33 pm »

Wait for an opportunity to make one of those mercs disappear. If one presents itself, take it.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2016, 08:02:33 pm »

Proceed down the trail, turning onto the hidden path when appropriate.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2016, 09:27:36 pm »

Cho-Ja.

Follow the game trail with my companions until we reach the goblin camp, try not to be seen straight away.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2016, 10:10:34 am »

Follow companions and my own computing paths to succesfully get to the goblins

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2016, 04:58:21 pm »

Mordred

Go around the houses and back on the road, walk towards other homesteads - attempt to remain unseen by locals.
Look out for drinking joints, some administrative-looking buildings and churches.

"Well well, what have we here? A poor lost sol, looking for home, no doubt. We'll help you find home, for a price." Well, that 'try not to be seen' action couldn't have gone worse, as two bandits step out into the road in front of you. One has his hand on the hilt of his long sword, and the other is holding a pair of daggers. A glance to the side shows you a third with a short bow, arrow nocked but undrawn, near a tree, shielded a bit by some bushes.

Jack

There are cottages around here, yes? Take the form of an unthreatening traveler and look for a friendly villager. Tell them that I'm interested in visiting old forts, and ask for directions.
You drift up to an old farmer working his scythe in the fields. He seems visibly shaken by your appearance. "Ah, salt of the earth right there. hard work, sunshine, all those good things. Greetings old man. Your family is doing well, I trust?" He nods a bit. "Listen, I was on my way to meet some friends for a little field trip. I understand there was an old fort nearby, and we were going to go picnicking. Looks for old arrowheads or sword hilts or teeth. Bit of a collector, you know." You give him a broad smile, which doesn't exactly seem to reassure him. "Anyway, seen anything like that around. He shakes his head. "no forts or military encampments at all?" "Well, there's one, bout three hours walk yonder ... but it's occupied ..." "Good enough. Carry on. dig those grav --- I mean bean pods. those are bean pods, right?" "Corn." "Of course."

and off you go. After a couple hours drifting, you hear the sounds of activity ahead.

Arileth
Creep down towards the valley
Creepity creep creep. Into the valley they say you are going. You arrive in the middle of the valley, hidden in some undergrowth. Now what?

Quick reality check: sensation auras don't affect unlife, right? If so: project a weak aura of itchiness, like annoying bugs on skin or something. If it's working, make it steadily stronger. If it also seems to bother Solam, weaken it and maybe find a middle-ground where it'll still make them distracted but leave him alone. Otherwise, just placidly nom a leaf.
the troll sneezes. No one seems to be bothered by random bugs or anything. they move on through the clearing, picking up the trail they were following on the other side.

Wait for an opportunity to make one of those mercs disappear. If one presents itself, take it.
How very vague. Yo  stand idly with your turtlefriend and watch them wander off down the trail. I suppose, ifyou wait a little longer, they will all three disappear. what a success.

Proceed down the trail, turning onto the hidden path when appropriate.
Cho-Ja.

Follow the game trail with my companions until we reach the goblin camp, try not to be seen straight away.

Follow companions and my own computing paths to succesfully get to the goblins
You three follow the path to the hidden spot, turn off and push through the brush, find hte trail and make your way up. after some time, you hear the nasally cough whine of the goblins' flock of boarsheep and approach slowly, leaving Cho in the brush to wait while the other two establish contact without hte alarm his appearance would inevitably induce. the goblins notice you, and one rus to the largest tent, calling out to those inside. A moment later, a large goblin - not large to Cho or Clunkers, mind you -thrusts back the tent flap and steps out, holding the flap aside for a wizened, greygreen goblin to step out as well. they move forward through the camp side by side, accumulating a small crowd of onlookers as they approach. You see a couple female goblins peek out of their tents. You spot one small mother carrying an infant, pulling the hand of an older child, and hurrying toward the back of the camp. she appears to be trying to sneak unnoticed, but fails, due to the children not being in the hide and seek mood.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2016, 05:13:26 pm »

wander around listening for noise and looking for people
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 37