Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 37

Author Topic: Omega legion: Bluff Harder!  (Read 46323 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Omega legion: Merc Madness
« Reply #300 on: April 28, 2016, 05:08:51 pm »

((@UP
The knife hasn't revealed its intelligence to anyone aside from Mordred and Jack.  It can't act openly with Cho'ja present, because it doesn't want Cho'Ja to know of it.  Also, your presence is bad for the simple fact that you cannot help, and you double our chances of being discovered, which would ruin the plan.

That said, the plan's somewhat unnecessary, as farseeing seems to be effective for detecting and predicting patrols.  If we could actually coordinate while at full force, the patrols would go down easily.

@CP
Pretty much directly after we left camp, Clunkers used farseeing to find the patrols.  Except, rather than waiting, he led everyone else who was left behind to confront one of the patrols, which was heading for a group of goblin herders.  Their ambush went... poorly, and now they're at significant risk.  I'd have to reread the fight to give you a play-by-play, if such is necessary.

Admittedly, this is kinda my fault, as I forgot that it's mean to make a plan that relies on a bunch of players waiting around doing nothing while a couple of others do something important.  Pancaek was completely justified in going and doing something interesting, and he couldn't have known how badly the ambush would go.  I should have put more thought into our plan, and actually examined our options before just jumping on one. >.<

Oh, and you didn't drag me out of the action.  I could've possessed Mordred and had the knife impersonate him.  It's just that the only useful action the knife can take is enhancing Jack, and that's not a capability Mordred has.  It'd be fine if only Jack were around, but too risky around Cho'Ja.  He shifted his position though, so I guess I can do something...))

Mordred looks at Jack with a slightly worried expression.  "Master?  Is your presence in this world still strong?  You almost seemed to be fading, there."  He shakes his head "I believe it is late enough to begin, Master.  I can strengthen your will against the mortals, if you take my hand."  Mordred then extends his arm towards Jack, and raises his other hand to show the magical gems that empower Jack.

If Jack takes Mordred's hand, the knife will attempt to strengthen Jack's will through that connection.  You said it could do that sort of thing.  Then, if Jack specifies to use any of the empowerment gems, make Mordred use them.  I'd specify which ones to activate, but I honestly don't even remember what they all do.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: April 28, 2016, 05:31:48 pm »

((Thanks, Syv. I'll read into details of fights myself if need be, but for now your post did a good job of helping me to keep up with events currently unfolding.))
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Moopli

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Spines Here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: April 28, 2016, 10:26:37 pm »

Hom:

Spread some hurt onto the troll, generously, like nutella on a slice of bread.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: April 30, 2016, 08:19:22 am »

Make grey guy hallucinate that his entire body, his clothes, and his hair are crawling with angry spiders. Shoot him with another dart, this time aiming for something other than his clothes.
You cast your spell, and are satisfied to see the grey squirming and swiping at himself in panic. taking aim, you fire again, and the dart penetrates flesh. the grey slows his movements, and staggers. He turns toward you, finally spotting you in the trees, but slumps forward before he can do anything about it.

sprint torwards the forest, or if there is no forest towards a low point at the ridge and then up the ridge and to the left.  Throw spear at vine beast leg. Do I have more then one spear on me?
Uuuuuuuuuuck!
((could we have a map pls?))
A sudden loud music blares in Arileth's ears, causing him to place his hands over his ears and scream. It doesn't help. Arileth dashes for the trees, screaming, but makes it about four steps before he is entangled again.

Hom:

Spread some hurt onto the troll, generously, like nutella on a slice of bread.
You coat the troll with pain. You also coat it with blue. the blue spreads out from teh troll's body, covering Solam, the corpse of the grey, and the ground. it spreads about ten feet this round. the troll bellows and writhes, lashing out all around itself.

Let's try for something less british but more precise. Use robot computing in conjunction with clockwork magic and the most applicable focus object to stop the mechanisms of the troll's heart(s?).
Well, hearts beat in rhythm, and metronomes provide rhythm. So, you grab the metronome, stashing the little mannequin "for later." you set teh metronome to ticking, feeling for the beat of the troll's heart. s yo uconcenrate, yo ufelthe rhythm of the metronome change on it's own accord, increasing in speed as the troll is covered in blue and screams. With a finger, you stop the metronome at it's peak, and the troll stops nearly instantly, grasping it's chest. it stares stupidly for a moment, then falls face first into the blue grass.

Cho Ja

Keep trying to safely reach the tents, preferably close to the storehouse.

((Why would my presence stop you from acting on your own syv?))
Again, you manage to stay hidden, but fail to get across the ridge to the slope down to the tents. Somehow, either a patrol is in sight, or someone in camp is nearby every time you are about to try.

((@UP
The knife hasn't revealed its intelligence to anyone aside from Mordred and Jack.  It can't act openly with Cho'ja present, because it doesn't want Cho'Ja to know of it.  Also, your presence is bad for the simple fact that you cannot help, and you double our chances of being discovered, which would ruin the plan.

That said, the plan's somewhat unnecessary, as farseeing seems to be effective for detecting and predicting patrols.  If we could actually coordinate while at full force, the patrols would go down easily.

@CP
Pretty much directly after we left camp, Clunkers used farseeing to find the patrols.  Except, rather than waiting, he led everyone else who was left behind to confront one of the patrols, which was heading for a group of goblin herders.  Their ambush went... poorly, and now they're at significant risk.  I'd have to reread the fight to give you a play-by-play, if such is necessary.

Admittedly, this is kinda my fault, as I forgot that it's mean to make a plan that relies on a bunch of players waiting around doing nothing while a couple of others do something important.  Pancaek was completely justified in going and doing something interesting, and he couldn't have known how badly the ambush would go.  I should have put more thought into our plan, and actually examined our options before just jumping on one. >.<

Oh, and you didn't drag me out of the action.  I could've possessed Mordred and had the knife impersonate him.  It's just that the only useful action the knife can take is enhancing Jack, and that's not a capability Mordred has.  It'd be fine if only Jack were around, but too risky around Cho'Ja.  He shifted his position though, so I guess I can do something...))

Mordred looks at Jack with a slightly worried expression.  "Master?  Is your presence in this world still strong?  You almost seemed to be fading, there."  He shakes his head "I believe it is late enough to begin, Master.  I can strengthen your will against the mortals, if you take my hand."  Mordred then extends his arm towards Jack, and raises his other hand to show the magical gems that empower Jack.

If Jack takes Mordred's hand, the knife will attempt to strengthen Jack's will through that connection.  You said it could do that sort of thing.  Then, if Jack specifies to use any of the empowerment gems, make Mordred use them.  I'd specify which ones to activate, but I honestly don't even remember what they all do.
No response from Egan, so this action is on hold until he wakes up

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: April 30, 2016, 08:23:57 am »

MAKE THE MUSIC STOP!
Stab at vine beast if I see it, otherwise cut my self out and try and discern source of music and stab it in the eye
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Moopli

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Spines Here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: April 30, 2016, 10:41:27 am »

Hom:

Spread some of that blue pain to the vine monster! Or maybe shoot something else at it, that's fun too.
"Hee hee hee. Ufufu. Ohoho. How nice."
((edited for more randomness))
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 09:35:05 pm by Moopli »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: May 01, 2016, 11:24:28 am »

keep the metronome still for a while more before severing the link. Then look around for other hostiles, and if they're humanoid, do the heart stopping trick again.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: May 01, 2016, 05:22:11 pm »

Wait a moment, just to make sure that the grey guy is out of order. If he moves, apply pain liberally until he stops. If he doesn't, shoot the vine monster, and see if that does anything.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: May 02, 2016, 07:47:47 am »

Wait a moment, just to make sure that the grey guy is out of order. If he moves, apply pain liberally until he stops. If he doesn't, shoot the vine monster, and see if that does anything.
The grey guy does not move again. You fire a dart at the vine thingy, but can't even tell if it hit.

MAKE THE MUSIC STOP!
Stab at vine beast if I see it, otherwise cut my self out and try and discern source of music and stab it in the eye
You thrust your dagger at the vine guy, but are restricted by the entangling vegetation and are stopped short of your target. The vine beast reaches to strangle yo, but you cut it's limb a little, and it jerks back, then swings a rockfist at you, which , being immobilized, you struggle to avoid, and it strikes you a glancing blow to the side. Your vision darkens for a moment before clearing. The music fades on it's own during this time.

Hom:

Spread some of that blue pain to the vine monster! Or maybe shoot something else at it, that's fun too.
"Hee hee hee. Ufufu. Ohoho. How nice."
((edited for more randomness))
All the blue stuff congeals around Solam, and Solam's body stands erect, thrashing about randomly. it doesn't approach the vine beast or anyone else at the moment.

keep the metronome still for a while more before severing the link. Then look around for other hostiles, and if they're humanoid, do the heart stopping trick again.
Well, the vinebeast is not humanoid, but the blue thingy thrashing about there in the field is .. but you can't find a heartbeat in it's body to stop.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: May 02, 2016, 07:49:55 am »

Attack The vine beast if it tries to strike me...  See if I can will my spear to burn otherwise cut self out and stab at the Vine beast
((Don't Know if I'll be able to potst for this in the next couple days, been quite sick. So feel free to let someone else act for me incase I don't post))
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 03:01:49 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: May 02, 2016, 05:34:30 pm »

Give vine guy the spider treatment. Except with fire instead of spiders.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: May 03, 2016, 02:40:37 pm »

try to use robutt computing to see what's making vinebeast tick. Then try to use clockwork magic to throw a proverbial spanner in the works.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: May 03, 2016, 08:34:11 pm »

Cho Ja

keep trying to reach the tents.

if I cant make it going above ground, start digging a tunnel. bugs are good at that.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: May 04, 2016, 09:35:36 am »

Give vine guy the spider treatment. Except with fire instead of spiders.
You make the vine guy feel as thoguh he is burning all over. It screams and looks at itself qucikly, but seeing no flame, it turns back to Arileth. You can tell it still feels as though it is burning though.

Attack The vine beast if it tries to strike me...  See if I can will my spear to burn otherwise cut self out and stab at the Vine beast
((Don't Know if I'll be able to potst for this in the next couple days, been quite sick. So feel free to let someone else act for me incase I don't post))
Oh, it's trying to strike you alright. you try to swipe at it, but the entanglements hold you back. Fortunately for you, the thing screams and looks distracted for a moment before reaching for you, and the entanglement loosens enough for you to edge your way out of reach as it swings it's big ol fist at you. It misses, and the stalemate goes on, rather remarkably.

try to use robutt computing to see what's making vinebeast tick. Then try to use clockwork magic to throw a proverbial spanner in the works.
Robutt computing says ... must be magic. Okay, so let's use the metronome to try and stop it's magic. You link the metronome with the vinethingy, yu think, but some sort of feedback happens. the metronome hovers, rotating slowly, with the needle or whatever that part is called pointing straight up.

Cho Ja

keep trying to reach the tents.

if I cant make it going above ground, start digging a tunnel. bugs are good at that.

You hunker down to start looking for the best spot to start digging when you see your chance: one of the patrols steps dow nthe outside of the hill for a moment, out of ight, and you are alone. You dash across the embankment and slide down the other side, tucking at the last minute and rolling right into a tent. You peek out from under your own tail to discover that the tent is unoccupied except for your glorious self. Infiltration is a success! You hold the thought of tunneling throughout the camp for now, sure it will come in useful later.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: May 04, 2016, 02:20:50 pm »

Arileth action (Ignore if Spaz posts)

Maintain distance from the vine monster, but don't run away entirely.  Take a quick look around at the remaining combatants--are any of the organic enemies still up and about?  Or are we down to the vinemonster?  If the former, attempt to do a running stab at them if such a thing can be done without straying too close to the vinemonster.  If the latter... take a total defense action, or whatever the equivalent is in this game.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 37