Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 37

Author Topic: Omega legion: Bluff Harder!  (Read 46931 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
Re: Omega legion: Merc Madness
« Reply #315 on: May 04, 2016, 03:25:48 pm »

"zzzz oops."

Jack trips on an incorporeal tree branch and accidentally grabs that one knife you know, giving said knife full control over all of her actions, which is totally how demons work. He then goes back to sleep.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: May 04, 2016, 03:33:19 pm »

Roll against Jack's shenanigans

I am okay with events unfolding currently.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 04:58:06 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: May 04, 2016, 04:32:00 pm »

Try to add a visual component to the spell.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: May 04, 2016, 04:37:30 pm »

((Comrade, I PM'd Egan asking him to rejoin this game, or at least let me control his character for the duration of this little venture to the mercs' camp.  I'm mildly certain that's not shenanigans, and is just his way of giving me control.

Actions will come later, as I'm currently posting in the middle of class like an idiot.))

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: May 04, 2016, 04:56:21 pm »

((Comrade, I PM'd Egan asking him to rejoin this game, or at least let me control his character for the duration of this little venture to the mercs' camp.  I'm mildly certain that's not shenanigans, and is just his way of giving me control.

Actions will come later, as I'm currently posting in the middle of class like an idiot.))

((Oh, sure, then. I'll edit my action out.))
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: May 04, 2016, 11:32:24 pm »

Look at me, submitting actions for five OL characters at once!  And not a single ER character.

Ughhh, apparently Jack doesn't have a mind reading gem.  He's got a memory-manipulation gem, a suggestion gem, and an immobilization gem.  At least he does have special abilities, mostly having to do with perception of her...

Questions:
1.Can Jack use the gems he has to read a mind?  Or would he have to rely on wild magic?
2.The max range of Jack's magic gems is about 100', so how wide is the merc encampment?  More usefully, how close to the nearest edge is the largest tent/leader tent?
3.How close to the edge are... whatever tents look like they might have sleeping people?

Regardless of the answers, do the following: First, with the assistance of Jack and the knife, Mordred will hide fairly close to the fort.  If he rolls poorly, hopefully Jack can see this and point it out so Mordred can retry.

Second, the knife buffs Jack's will, or whatever stat Jack uses with his gems.  Recast until it works--I don't have a better use for the mana.

Third, the group waits, Jack invisible, until a sentry comes relatively near.  At that point, I'll submit another action.  What we do next depends on the gem abilities.

Spoiler: Plans (click to show/hide)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: May 05, 2016, 03:23:28 am »

Cho Ja

Check my surroundings, is there anything of value in this tent?

also how far is it from the supply tent.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: May 05, 2016, 06:07:54 am »

Cho Ja finds nothing of interesting value in the tent he is in, but, after a quick look around, makes a sudden and oh so stealthy dash for the supply building, which has a loose board around back that he can wiggle behind to get inside. I bet one of the mercs did that for their own nefarious reasons. Anyway, the supply building has far more interesting looting options - food, boots, some bottles of stuff, some bottles of other stuff, a few spears, daggers and even a couple mauls, a stack of paper, carefully tied with string and wrapped in wax paper, a crate of candles, several barrels of oil, and a few other supply type things. Gimme a list of things you want to loot, and feel free to include things i didn't mention that might be reasonably located here.

About Jack's gems: He only needed someone corporeal to carry them, not to activate them.
About Jack's ability to remain unseen: it's pretty good, and it is night.

Jack cannot read minds, even with the gems.

You are close enough to use the gems on a sentry, but would need to be up on top of the dirt hill to use them on anyone inside. and they don't just work by throwing your mind in a direction and hoping to hit the right target - I mean ,you can try it, but that'd be an undertaking. it is much easier for jack to work the gems when he has active knowledge of the target (even such as from Terrance's farseeing, if Terrance were able to share that with Jack).

As for Arileth - he is still entangled in vegetation, so dashing and all that would be unlikely. he is in mortal danger, and has been for about three or four turns now, and his focus should almost certainly be the giant hulking pile of wood and stone that has been trying it's clumsiest to squish him like a man's hopes and dreams for some time now. And even if he does focus all his attention there, he is one bad roll (or even one semi decent roll) away from being made one with the earth through severe osmosis.

As for suggesting actions for five characters ... I feel as though this suggests that our experiment with the knife is coming to an unsatisfactory close. this is probably my fault for not keeping things more interesting on that end, and I am not ruling out the character or anything.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: May 05, 2016, 11:54:49 am »

oh dear. Try to gently sever the connection between the metronome and the vinebeast.

If severing succesful, try again.

If severing unsuccesful, attempt to establish a link with the humanoid doll to root vinebeast in place. Since it has a humanoid form at least, if I recall correctly. If it doesn't, don't use the doll.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: May 05, 2016, 12:08:25 pm »

cut self out sprint away from danger deeper into the woods if I'm free...attempt to parry away any blows that come at me in the mean time.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 03:27:39 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: May 05, 2016, 02:56:58 pm »

In order:
Actually, you have said Jack needs someone else to activate the gems:
"We can send a couple of gems, say, three, with certain properties. they will have to be carried by one of your teammates, and be activated by them for you, since you are incorporeal and all. What, specifically, do you want each gem to be attuned toward?"

As to Jack's capability... well, it's kinda too late to back out, IMO.  It's taking a risk, but I kinda feel that if Egan were averse to risk he wouldn't have suggested the plan, and probably wouldn't have said Jack could MC people.  So unless Comrade vetoes the plan, let's just go through with it.

As for Arileth, I guess I misinterpreted the situation.  You said he was out of reach of the vinemonster, which I assumed meant he was out of reach of the vines.  Also, his action had said to cut himself free, so I figured he was out of reach because that worked.  Regardless, I don't think my action was bad; I was having Arileth retreat from danger, but not completely disengage, so if Spazy wanted to fight when he came back, he had the option.  Seems like I was right. *shrug*

As to controlling five characters, two of them had control given to me by the players because they couldn't submit actions.  It had nothing to do with the knife, despite Egan's method of stating that control was handed over.  The third was Mordred, which I do kinda feel bad about, but I figured giving him a "hide" action would be better than suggesting it and then risking Mordred being seen if Comrade didn't post--it wasn't meant to be an action of the knife possessing Mordred.  If you dislike me doing that, say so and I'll stop.

As for an actual action, let's just use the plan in the below spoiler.  Obviously, if either Comrade or Egan vetoes it, don't do any of it.
Spoiler: Half-baked Plan (click to show/hide)

Edit:
Spaz, why are you trying to stab an elemental partially made of rock, anyway?  I significantly doubt you can really hurt it, while it can probably one-shot you if you fail a dodge.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: May 05, 2016, 03:13:45 pm »

Sure, proceed, Syv.
Sigs

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: May 05, 2016, 03:29:46 pm »

@syv ((it worked in the apst for at least keeping afatal blows near fatal, I'm just trying to make time for fhe others to take down what ever is controlling it))
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: May 06, 2016, 07:39:32 am »

Cho Ja

Steal the following:
Flint and steel, or another firestarting tool.
a bottle, then filled with oil.
a coil of rope.
some daggers.

once the stealing has been accomplished, use my newfound sorcery magics to poison the food supply.

afterwards try to spy on the leaders tent.
does it sound occupied? could I possibly sneak into it undetected?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: May 06, 2016, 03:22:44 pm »

cut self out sprint away from danger deeper into the woods if I'm free...attempt to parry away any blows that come at me in the mean time.
The dice really like you this encounter. I thought Arileth would be dead like four turns ago. You cut free of the entanglement and run, straight up toward Clunkers and Terrance, Vinerockbeast in hot pursuit.

oh dear. Try to gently sever the connection between the metronome and the vinebeast.

If severing succesful, try again.

If severing unsuccesful, attempt to establish a link with the humanoid doll to root vinebeast in place. Since it has a humanoid form at least, if I recall correctly. If it doesn't, don't use the doll.

You sever the link pretty easily, simply by reaching out and grabbing the metronome and dislodging it from it's hover. The vinebeast does not have a humanoid shape - it is a tangle of vines and rocks, which move into a shape that is suitable for whatever purpose it has. But it does have enough moving parts that you can use the various limbs, head and torso for analogues. You pull the doll out, set it in your hand, place the metronome in your other hand, and begin to will a link between them both and the vinethingy. It won't complete this turn, but you can act next turn with the double link. The vinebeast is heading your way, so it will be close, and could conceivably attack you before you make the action, but probably won't since it is focused on Arileth, though when it notices you it might instantly assume (correctly) that you are hostile.

In order:
Actually, you have said Jack needs someone else to activate the gems:
"We can send a couple of gems, say, three, with certain properties. they will have to be carried by one of your teammates, and be activated by them for you, since you are incorporeal and all. What, specifically, do you want each gem to be attuned toward?"

As to Jack's capability... well, it's kinda too late to back out, IMO.  It's taking a risk, but I kinda feel that if Egan were averse to risk he wouldn't have suggested the plan, and probably wouldn't have said Jack could MC people.  So unless Comrade vetoes the plan, let's just go through with it.

As for Arileth, I guess I misinterpreted the situation.  You said he was out of reach of the vinemonster, which I assumed meant he was out of reach of the vines.  Also, his action had said to cut himself free, so I figured he was out of reach because that worked.  Regardless, I don't think my action was bad; I was having Arileth retreat from danger, but not completely disengage, so if Spazy wanted to fight when he came back, he had the option.  Seems like I was right. *shrug*

As to controlling five characters, two of them had control given to me by the players because they couldn't submit actions.  It had nothing to do with the knife, despite Egan's method of stating that control was handed over.  The third was Mordred, which I do kinda feel bad about, but I figured giving him a "hide" action would be better than suggesting it and then risking Mordred being seen if Comrade didn't post--it wasn't meant to be an action of the knife possessing Mordred.  If you dislike me doing that, say so and I'll stop.

As for an actual action, let's just use the plan in the below spoiler.  Obviously, if either Comrade or Egan vetoes it, don't do any of it.
Spoiler: Half-baked Plan (click to show/hide)

Edit:
Spaz, why are you trying to stab an elemental partially made of rock, anyway?  I significantly doubt you can really hurt it, while it can probably one-shot you if you fail a dodge.
Yeah, okay, my mistake on the gems. As for Arileth, the vine monster itself wasn't holding him, it was the vegetation around him is all. And as for making actions for people -I was aware of why, and was not upset. Especially with spazyak's character, as he was ill and made a point to let us know and give permission. Egan and Comrade, on the other hand, both seemed to me to have left you in "autopilot" mode, so you are in effect running four characters. The three of you have in effect willingly created a Cthunkan creature of bone, blade and ... uh ... evil.

Anyway, on to the actions: Well, Jack focuses on the sentry and sends his will that way. the sentry - a human wearing leather and carrying a longsword - stops and peers into the woods, scanning intently, hand going to his blade. He does not move off the ridge, however.

Cho Ja

Steal the following:
Flint and steel, or another firestarting tool.
a bottle, then filled with oil.
a coil of rope.
some daggers.

once the stealing has been accomplished, use my newfound sorcery magics to poison the food supply.

afterwards try to spy on the leaders tent.
does it sound occupied? could I possibly sneak into it undetected?

All the thefts go off without a hitch. You have two serviceable daggers - plain, sturdy, and militarily functional. You turn your attention to the food supply, crouch down and concentrate. After a time, you can feel things change within some of the barrels - your venom mixes with cheese and meat, ruining it and making it unfit for normal consumption. Of course, some of the mercs might not be normal, but hey, we'll deal with them while the others are puking and rolling on the ground covered in their own diarrhea, as the gods intend.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 37