Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 37

Author Topic: Omega legion: Bluff Harder!  (Read 46704 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Omega legion: Merc Madness
« Reply #420 on: May 28, 2016, 11:54:56 pm »

Waitwaitwhat?  Did we just leave the sentry behind?  Or did Mordred's lightning outright kill him, rendering him useless?  The entire point was to kidnap a merc...

If the sentry is still alive, go back for him.  Mordred should be able to carry him, especially if the knife buffs his strength.  If the sentry is dead... well, I guess the knife would be mentally screaming at Mordred during the walk back, for fucking things up.  Not that that means much, seeing as Comrade's gone.
Yep. Sentry is dead, far as the knife can tell, anyway. It was an impressive display of electrical destruction. The kidnapping attempt was a valiant effort though. Besides the mark being dead, you are reasonably sure someone has been spotted, too. So there's that. the knife and Mordred scream at each other for a whle. Mordred eventually runs out of voice, but the knife can go a long time like this. Of course, there are limits to an unstable electromancer's patience, too. And he's got a pretty good throwing arm on him.

Stab at him if he does not answer the following question correctly
Back away and start apologizing and offering to help fix his wound. If he doesn't stop trying to kill me scream and run as far away as I can and don'tsrop running for anything
Tell us the truth! Where is the little guy!
Time to roll some dodging.

He swings again as you back up, and you leap over the blow, land, roll, and run, screaming. It chases you, hot on your heels. The ground erupts with vines, grasses, and brush to ensnare you, but you manage to leap, dash, duck, and roll, just barely keeping out of reach.

"Very well. I'm sure that it ran off, though."
Time to look for that small creature. If I do manage to find it, try to grab it and alert the others.
"Statement: Perhaps it will have left behind valueable intel. At least it can't hurt to look for it.
Exasperated statement: Once you two have finished your little fight, the survivor should come and find me. Creature of vines so that I can take you to the Omega legion, pending an immediate promotion for ridding us of subversive elements. Or you, cretin, so that your entire presence here would not have been a complete disaster."

Leave the two to their fight. Go with zombie to look for the mysterious straggler, starting at the spot where I saw smoke earlier.
A bit of searching reveals nothing of interest. Whatever it is, it left very little trace of itself.

Terrence looks at Arileth, then at Clunkers, and then back at Arileth.

Flip a coin. Heads says I join the search party. Tails says I retreat to a safe distance and hit Arileth with the most powerful pain spell I can muster.
I flipped a quater that was older than me. It came up heads, so searching you will go. You do a little farseeing, and get a glimpse of a very small being, heading away from your party quickly. Looks like it is returning to base. I'd say that the element of surprise has been lost here today. Fortunately, it shouldn't return before dark, so the other team still has a chance to do whatever it was they were doing before the little guy alerts the mercs.

Both teams are pretty much done with their encounters. You all want to regroup and figure out the next step?

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: May 29, 2016, 04:14:12 am »

Regrouping sounds good.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: May 29, 2016, 08:22:54 am »

Keep sprinting in the direction of the merc camp, go for high ground
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: May 29, 2016, 11:01:54 am »

YEAH, WE LOST HIM. WE SHOULD LEAVE BRFORE THE REINFORCEMENTS SHOW UP.

Let's regroup.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: May 29, 2016, 12:42:47 pm »

Okay then... Go regroup with our allies.

Since the merc's dead, how should we handle Mordred?  Are you just gonna NPC him, and I should go back to manipulating him like when Comrade was here?  Or do you want to just hand me control over him?

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: May 29, 2016, 01:14:19 pm »

regrouping sounds good, shame about the straggler

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: May 29, 2016, 02:58:24 pm »

Yeah, let's regroup.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: May 29, 2016, 07:39:48 pm »

Alright. the vine guy catches Arileth, but at the sight of the others heading off, follows along, dragging Arileth along, having stripped him of his weapons first.
 You all meet up in your starting area in the open meadow on the side of a hill. Arileth arrives rather bruised and unsteady on his fet. it was not a pleasant trip for him.

Mordred will be NPC'd for now. There are now two NPCs in your party.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: May 29, 2016, 07:47:13 pm »

((I survived.... wow..ummm hmmmm what to do...I kinda expected to die and just ummm start over... hmmm)))
Head to Merc camp and try and make a break for it at some point to get ahead of the group. Give vineguy a hug and appolagize Make more wooden jabbing sticks.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 07:54:10 am by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: May 29, 2016, 08:55:16 pm »

Terrence raises its lack of eyebrows upon seeing Arileth and Vineguy. "YOU RETURNED.... AND WITH THAT LITTLE BASTARD ALIVE. IT APPEARS I MAY HAVE MISJUDGED YOU... It shrugs all eight of its shoulders, before addressing syv and crew. "WELL, IN ANY CASE, HOW WENT YOUR EXCURSION? DID YOU FIND THE MERCENARY CAMP?"
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 11:44:53 pm by DoctorMcTaalik »

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: May 29, 2016, 09:18:20 pm »

Retrieve and open bag of swag. Eat a goblin brain.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: May 29, 2016, 09:36:11 pm »

We resolved our differences peacefully after we settled our anger...also not good at rock climbing. And all i did was try to borrow the stuff pf a man who i presumed was going to die because I put the value of the mission over him. Vine guy I was mad at cause he injured me and ALMOST KILLED ME! I HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO BE MAD AT HIM
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: May 29, 2016, 10:48:04 pm »

It shrugs all eight of its shoulders, before addressing syv and crew. "WELL, IN ANY CASE, HOW WENT YOUR EXCURSION? DID YOU FIND THE MERCENARY CAMP?"

((I'm just gonna assume I can talk through Mordred.  I'd RP talking to him, but... tired.  Also, Doc, I am impressed by your post's formatting))

"Yes, we found the encampment.  Along with the assistance of Jack, I nearly captured a sentry, but Jack went back in to try and read the commander's mind.  I'm not sure what happened, but there was a loud explosion, and I ran with the sentry before I was found." Mordred's mouth twitches into a sneer at this "The insect then appeared, fleeing from a group of mercenaries.  I couldn't run fast enough to escape while encumbered, so I fried the sentry and some of the pursuers."

Mordred heaves a deep sigh before continuing "The expedition was worthless, but at least it seems like your raid went well.  It appears we gained an ally to replace our losses, judging by that... thing of vines and rock.  It certainly looks more valuable than Jack."

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: May 30, 2016, 12:36:50 am »

((Oh, thanks. I probably spend more time formatting my rp than I do actually writing it... although I have become rather adept at typing [size] tags on my phone.))

We resolved our differences peacefully after we settled our anger...also not good at rock climbing. And all i did was try to borrow the stuff pf a man who i presumed was going to die because I put the value of the mission over him. Vine guy I was mad at cause he injured me and ALMOST KILLED ME! I HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO BE MAD AT HIM

"I HAVE NO STRONG LOVE FOR THE VINE CREATURE, BUT I CURRENTLY VALUE ITS LIFE FAR HIGHER THAN I DO YOURS. I WILL NOT HESITATE TO BURY A DART IN YOUR SCRAWNY LITTLE CHEST IF YOU ATTEMPT SOMETHING LIKE THAT AGAIN. IS THAT UNDERSTOOD?"

"Yes, we found the encampment.  Along with the assistance of Jack, I nearly captured a sentry, but Jack went back in to try and read the commander's mind.  I'm not sure what happened, but there was a loud explosion, and I ran with the sentry before I was found." Mordred's mouth twitches into a sneer at this "The insect then appeared, fleeing from a group of mercenaries.  I couldn't run fast enough to escape while encumbered, so I fried the sentry and some of the pursuers."

Mordred heaves a deep sigh before continuing "The expedition was worthless, but at least it seems like your raid went well.  It appears we gained an ally to replace our losses, judging by that... thing of vines and rock.  It certainly looks more valuable than Jack."

"IT DID- WE MANAGED TO AMBUSH A BAND OF MERCENARIES, WITHOUT ANY SUBSTANTIAL LOSSES ON OUR PART. THAT 'THING OF VINES AND ROCK' IS THE ONLY SURVIVING MEMBER- WELL, THE ONLY SURVIVOR WORTH NOTING- OF THEIR PARTY. THE MECHANICAL LEGIONNAIRE CHOSE TO SPARE ITS LIFE, AND SO FAR IT HAS YET TO BETRAY US. IT INTENDS TO JOIN OUR RANKS, AND BECOME A LEGIONNAIRE ITSELF.

YOU BIPEDS ALL LOOK THE SAME... I CANNOT SAY I RECALL EXACTLY WHICH ONE OF YOU 'JACK' WAS. I SUPPOSE YOU ARE PROBABLY RIGHT."
Terrance laughs. It's not a pleasant sound.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 12:44:46 am by DoctorMcTaalik »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: May 30, 2016, 05:49:18 am »

"Statement: Creature of vines will make an excellent addition to the legion. This one must note, however, that it refuses to combat its former allies. Understandable, this one feels."
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 37