Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 37

Author Topic: Omega legion: Bluff Harder!  (Read 48396 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Omega legion: Merc Madness
« Reply #75 on: March 20, 2016, 09:30:45 pm »

<PATIENCE, DEMONTOUCHED.  The conduit is too weak to channel my full power--I require time to transfer it into you.  Allow me to delay these insects while I do so.  We can crush them once I am realized.>

Mordred already let me in control, so roll to keep it.  Assuming he doesn't win the fight, start on my below spiel:

Mordred's eyes go wide, and he stares at the blade "Y-yes, [name], I'm a reflection of Blastel!  I--he split his soul into two halves and forced one into this idiot!"  [If Blastel isn't actually a mage:]"I, I mean, we, we used the magic knife to do it."[/notmage]  "I've conquered this guy's mind and rendered him incapable of harming anyone!  Please don't kill me, it'll kill both of us--that Blastel and this Blastel!" Mordred looks at Blastel "Confirm it for him so we don't die!"

If Blastel starts to flub the confirmation, immediately hand control back to Mordred while telling him to kill the swordsman while he's distracted, and pump all my magic towards enhancing whatever action Mordred takes.

If Blastel doesn't flub it, continue:

Mordred heaves a sigh of relief.  "Now then, like I said, I looked into this idiot's mind, and found out that he brought his family along.  His wife's got a pretty valuable jeweled ring--I don't know how they got it, yet--and both the wife and daughter are very attractive."  A lecherous grin spreads across Mordred's face.

Lastly, still charging his telekinesis.  If his other wound is bad enough to weaken him, work on clotting it, but don't rush it.

((So, Comrade, here's the big problem with this char.  It is a separate character from yours, but only one of us can control the body at a time--if we disagree on a course of action, we have to actually fight over it.  If we manage to agree, you essentially get a bunch of strong buffs in addition to your regular abilities, plus the ability to temporarily lose control and gain +2 cha and +1 will, but these advantages come at the cost of potentially losing control when you don't want to.  Generally, I'd rather avoid forcing control, but if I think something is a really bad idea, the knife'll force things.

If that's too much of a cost, I can probably just take over Blastel (or one of the other bandits), assuming they're left alive, but you lose the buffs in that case.  The knife can only cast on people who have contact with it.))

Moopli

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Spines Here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 20, 2016, 09:34:43 pm »

Hom:

((damn I wish I had had a good IC reason to suggest Solam hold still :/))
Project an aura of peace and friendliness. Waddle a little farther out, nibble on another leaf. Look at Solam, turn back to tasty leaves. Maybe waddle over to the mercs and affectionately bump their hips with my nose, making stupid turtle noises. If they start violence (even if they do so in reaction to Solam starting violence), bellow in fear, gallop awkwardly away a bit, and visit magical fury of the second-highest order on the mercenaries.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 09:37:20 pm by Moopli »

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 20, 2016, 11:07:31 pm »

Subtly numb the goblin's senses, so as to calm him somewhat.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 21, 2016, 01:27:07 am »

<PATIENCE, DEMONTOUCHED.  The conduit is too weak to channel my full power--I require time to transfer it into you.  Allow me to delay these insects while I do so.  We can crush them once I am realized.>

<As you wish. I see you are luring these sods somewhere. I will be here to strike when you're done.>

((Action edited. Take the wheel, you're currently doing better than I. As for the further gaming, I think we'll do fine in a fused character.))
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 06:32:38 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 21, 2016, 02:10:50 am »

((To be honest, you're better at being a sneaky bastard demon than I am. I just wanted wild magic and high Charisma, and a Demon seemed a good choice for those.))
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 21, 2016, 02:21:49 am »

((To be honest, you're better at being a sneaky bastard demon than I am. I just wanted wild magic and high Charisma, and a Demon seemed a good choice for those.))

((I wanted to be medieval Sith who can shoot lightning from his fingertips, but with something extra to the character. And that's what you get.))
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 21, 2016, 08:00:39 am »

Blink at the woman before walking towards her, lowering the pitcher fork and handing her her milk bucket and say You dropped this miss...and being mean to an old burn victim trying to make a living, shame on you.
As soon as you get within stabbing range, she stabs at you with the pitchfork. You dodge pretty easily, and grab the shaft of the fork just behind the metal heads, and hold the bucket out to her. She stares at it for a moment, then sits down heavily and sobs. "I don't know nothing about no m-mercen-naries. Ain't seen noting like that round here. Please, don't hurt me. I won't stop you. Just do what you're gonna do and go."

<I can't see what is your game with these men in front of us, but they are no friends of mine. Others who I came with, I will show you the way to as soon as I find some directions. But these maggos here drew my blood, so I want to slaughter them. I will tell you everything I know and lead you where you want afterwards.
Oh, and what do I call you?
>

Let the entity empower tekinsesis for now. Pull archer from his position. Then smash the archer into the swordsman. I expect them to drop their weapons in the moshing session. Lift them both in the air then and lightning them. Archer - deep fry carge, swordsman - excruciating pain charge.

Let the entity do its thing.
okay.

Mordred already let me in control, so roll to keep it.  Assuming he doesn't win the fight, start on my below spiel:

Mordred's eyes go wide, and he stares at the blade "Y-yes, [name], I'm a reflection of Blastel!  I--he split his soul into two halves and forced one into this idiot!"  [If Blastel isn't actually a mage:]"I, I mean, we, we used the magic knife to do it."[/notmage]  "I've conquered this guy's mind and rendered him incapable of harming anyone!  Please don't kill me, it'll kill both of us--that Blastel and this Blastel!" Mordred looks at Blastel "Confirm it for him so we don't die!"

If Blastel starts to flub the confirmation, immediately hand control back to Mordred while telling him to kill the swordsman while he's distracted, and pump all my magic towards enhancing whatever action Mordred takes.

If Blastel doesn't flub it, continue:

Mordred heaves a sigh of relief.  "Now then, like I said, I looked into this idiot's mind, and found out that he brought his family along.  His wife's got a pretty valuable jeweled ring--I don't know how they got it, yet--and both the wife and daughter are very attractive."  A lecherous grin spreads across Mordred's face.

Lastly, still charging his telekinesis.  If his other wound is bad enough to weaken him, work on clotting it, but don't rush it.

((So, Comrade, here's the big problem with this char.  It is a separate character from yours, but only one of us can control the body at a time--if we disagree on a course of action, we have to actually fight over it.  If we manage to agree, you essentially get a bunch of strong buffs in addition to your regular abilities, plus the ability to temporarily lose control and gain +2 cha and +1 will, but these advantages come at the cost of potentially losing control when you don't want to.  Generally, I'd rather avoid forcing control, but if I think something is a really bad idea, the knife'll force things.

If that's too much of a cost, I can probably just take over Blastel (or one of the other bandits), assuming they're left alive, but you lose the buffs in that case.  The knife can only cast on people who have contact with it.))
You begin to make your spiel, but something about the way you speak, or something about the way Blastel looks at Mordred, or some other cue, or just impatience, sets teh other two off, and an arrow flies in at Mordred. It tears a gash in the armor at the waist, and hangs up in it, entangled, but does no further damage to Mordred. Blastel attempts to jerk away from the other one's sword, and in doing so causes the other to react instinctively, drawing the sword back along Blastel's throat, dragging a line of blood with it. Blastel falls to the ground, hands clutching his throat, gurgling. Now, Mordred doesn't have an action at this point, since his previous is struck through, so no response from him this round.

Solam Kobemtosed

Drop the sword, grab that bag of goblin heads.
You drop the sword and reach for the heads, but the orc jerks the bag away from you, a glassy smile on its ugly face. "bounty" he claims, chuckling.

Hom:

((damn I wish I had had a good IC reason to suggest Solam hold still :/))
Project an aura of peace and friendliness. Waddle a little farther out, nibble on another leaf. Look at Solam, turn back to tasty leaves. Maybe waddle over to the mercs and affectionately bump their hips with my nose, making stupid turtle noises. If they start violence (even if they do so in reaction to Solam starting violence), bellow in fear, gallop awkwardly away a bit, and visit magical fury of the second-highest order on the mercenaries.
Everyone seems to calm down and get comfortable. Weapons are lowered and no one seems particularly in a hurry to get answers about the zombie accompanying a giant tortoise in a place neither should really be.

Jack

Tail the cart for a bit, try to work out where they're getting supplies from.
The cart trundles down the lane and stops at a far mfor the night. this is clearly not the final destination, but a place to sleep along the way.

Continue compiling as we speak, say the following meanwhile: "Translating: Shaman Del' Or ask Queen to help tribe. Queen send us to help."
At the mention of Del 'Or, the older goblin nods slowly and thoughtfully. He starts talking again, and you pick up more words, about a vile group, much slaughter, and fear for the families.

Subtly numb the goblin's senses, so as to calm him somewhat.
You dull his senses a bit, but it doesn't seem to affect his mood at all. At least his mood changed a bit when Clunkers mentioned that shaman, so there's that.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 21, 2016, 08:24:13 am »

Jack

Did the cart definitely only deliver food and supplies, or could it have also been a shipment of money? Hidden in some crate, or perhaps in an unassuming bag?
Watch where the cart drivers rest. If I can get one of them alone, then quietly drift into it's room/tent.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 21, 2016, 08:47:26 am »

Arileth
Offer to help her around the farm for free. Start by feed chickens and milking cow
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 01:49:22 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 21, 2016, 08:54:02 am »

Mordred

((I get the impression we fell out of dice's good graces. Although we are surviviтg being Boromir'd, so that's good.))

<It's time to act. They won't listen to us any longer.>

Okay, now we do it with force.
Take several steps backing away from the swordsman, simultaneously lifting my sword back to my hand with telekinesis and hurling the archer into the swordsman (also with telekinesis).
If that goes well, lift them in the air and start choking them remotely. I expect that to be entirely possible because of the newfound assistanse I have.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 03:15:09 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 21, 2016, 09:00:35 am »

Cho Ja

continue hiding whilst diplomacy happens.

sneak over to their food supply if enough of them are distracted.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 21, 2016, 01:42:00 pm »

<Yes, go ahead and destroy them.  I expected too much from that little fool.>

Relinquish control, then buff Mordred's telekinesis as much as I can, in addition to what I've done so far.  I'm unsure if the knife has a mana pool or something, but shove all available mana into Mordred.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 21, 2016, 02:00:00 pm »

Keep compiling, we're going to get fluent before long. Make sure to leave time for him to answer between each of the questions below

"Many attacks, frequent? Attackers, can describe? Families, you have safe hiding place?"

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 21, 2016, 04:24:15 pm »

Solam Kobemtosed

Shamble back to my sword, and sheath it.

Moopli

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Spines Here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 21, 2016, 09:46:57 pm »

Hom:

((Hmm, we're kinda stuck now, if we leave they'll stop being affected by the whole calming magic and it'll be trouble))
Do I feel capable of magic-blasting them all while their backs are turned, at least enough to make the subsequent fight good odds for us? If so, follow them a bit, a few steps behind, and when Solam gets close enough to be ready for the fight, drop the calm aura, and blast them, Kobold highest priority, then woman, then orc.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 37