Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 37

Author Topic: Omega legion: Bluff Harder!  (Read 48390 times)

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Omega legion: Merc Madness
« Reply #135 on: March 27, 2016, 12:08:01 am »

Solam Kobemtosed

Try a side slash now.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 27, 2016, 12:13:50 am »

Terrance wraps its arms around the bowl, inhaling the broth. It pauses briefly after hearing about the goblins' shield, and looks up.

I  JUST SO HAPPEN TO HAVE PRIOR EXPERIENCE IN THE ART OF PERCEPTION MAGIC.I MAY BE ABLE TO HELP DIVERT HUNTERS, IF YOU LIKE.

Offer my services to the shamans. Regardless of their reply, finish off Clunkers' soup and quietly stash both bowls somewhere on my person.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 08:42:22 pm by DoctorMcTaalik »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 28, 2016, 07:05:03 pm »

I haven't forgotten you guys, but due to my own personal drama over in ER, I am postponing this turn until tomorrow morning. I apologiZze, and this is entirely my own issue.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 29, 2016, 07:55:55 am »

Clunkers hands his bowl to Terrance, still speaking to the shamans.

"Impressed statement: Observant of you, I did kill someone fairly recently.
Worried statement: You not being able to do a full scale retreat is unfortunate, but at least you can hide and move camps, which is someting. The fact that you can use your skills to make yourself harder to find is will help us a lot, I believe.
Statement: Though I had hoped it different, I think it will be best if you and your people focus and evading the mercenaries and staying alive, and we will take it upon us to make them dissapear, one way or another.

Query: Their numbers worry me a bit, for they outnumber us by quite a few. Still, I have some new magics that may very well aid us in eradicating those vermin. I will do calculations as to how best use my magic, but if you have suggestions due to your experience, I am all ears. So to speak."

Converse with shamans, accept their wisdow if they have any. Then do calculations as to hwo to best use the metronome to make explosions, and if it's possible to lob these explosions in an arc far away. Magic artillery, if you will.

((I don't think there's much else I can ask them. Unless anyone else has some ideas?))
"Our scouts will show you the routes up to this place, and from where the enemy comes. They can get you close, teach you to move under tree and through bush. But they cannot work miracles, large noisy one." a sly grin appears at this comment. "We shamans can bestow a shaman's blessing on you also."

Two of the shamans offer different stories for you. "A troll found a dead dragon on the mountainside. He wished to eat the dragon, as trolls often wish to do. But, alas, the dragon was too big to fit in his mouth. the troll sat there for many days trying to stuff the whole dragon in his mouth, eventually dying of starvation."

"A kobold was being chased by a tiger. In desperation, the kobold, knowing he was about to die, ran around a tree at the very last second. the tiger twisted rapidly about the tree, and the kobold ducked under the tiger's hindquaters. The tiger, it it's great anger, bit itself hard on the ass. Enraged at having been bitten so fiercely, the Tiger kicked out, tearing at it's own jaw. The tiger was still engaged in fierce battle as the kobold made it's escape."

You calculate that gathering energy when the metronome arm is swinging wide, then compacting the energy into the object to explode while the arm is coming in toward the center would give a pulsating, unsteady power to the spell. The explosion would simply need to be triggered at one of the points at which the arm crosses center, making that tick sound that metronomes do. Lobbing hte explosion would require arming an object and lobbing that. it would be more difficult to make it explode at  a precise moment doing that, but it's possible.

Terrance wraps his arms around the bowl, inhaling the broth. He pauses briefly after hearing about the goblins' shield, and looks up.

I  JUST SO HAPPEN TO HAVE PRIOR EXPERIENCE IN THE ART OF PERCEPTION MAGIC.I MAY BE ABLE TO HELP DIVERT HUNTERS, IF YOU LIKE.

Offer my services to the shamans. Regardless of their reply, finish off Clunkers' soup and quietly stash both bowls somewhere on my person.
the goblins seem quite interested in your aid, when this is translated to them. They invite you to join their morning casting ritual and study the casting as they study your perception magic. You have eight legs and a head, so you sit on one bowl and place the other on your head. the goblins frown, but say nothing at this point. A stray sense of strong disapproval catches you right in the empathy sense though.

"Very good. I will ask three more questions, and then I will leave you alone.
Firstly, are you a member of that mercenary band or were you simply delivering supplies to them?

Go on, speak up."

Talk.
"s-s-s-sup-p-p-pp-pll-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-lies."

go southeast so that it places me next to where we started and brings me through the center of things
((Moss doesn't work that way, wikipedia and my boyscouts instructor lied!))
You wander around the woods for half the night before giving up and sleeping where you are. At least the grass is soft. As is the moss, which, in certain conditions, would grow predominantly on the north of trees, but generally grows wherever it is shady and moist, and since you've been hiking through some rather hilly terrain you have seen lots of moss in shade facing other directions. ... Except for that orange moss. that stuff ... yo don't even know the logic behind where that stuff grows. Why, you swear you saw some growing on a cow's ear.

Hom:

Draw energy from the ineffable magic-stuff I drew out of the kobold. Use this energy to hurl magic, say, a bolt of deconstruction, or a dart of erasure, at the kobold. While it is thus distracted, get up and position myself so I'm not going to be surrounded by the mercs, then focus my own energies on bringing the passage of the kobold through time to a stop.
((feel free to interpret the destructive magic loosely -- I like seeing what you come up with))
your attempt to use the kobold's energy fails completely. you get the feeling that you aren't doing the ritual right or something. You instead focus on slowing the kobold while backing away, but it seems to shrug off your time distortion - or perhaps that effort fizzled too. the kobold reaches you and bangs fruitlessly on your shell. this is unfortunate for it, as it steps in front of the elf's arrow at just the right time, taking the arrow in the arm. this doesn't stop it from banging and clawing at you.

Solam Kobemtosed

Try a side slash now.
It's a clumsy strike, but you manage to catch him in the ribs. He wheezes a bit, and blood trickles down his side, but he seems ready to go again.

((Sleeping it is. Just let us know when can we jump back into it.))

Knife is also fine with sleep, but I'd like to ask if it can perceive the world at all beyond what it gets from hitchhiking on Mordred's mind.  Is the knife blind while Mordred sleeps?

Oh, and subtly alter Mordred's dreams.  Steer them towards people stealing from him.

the knife's senses are directly dependent on the host's so you could conceivably hear through his ears perhaps. You cause nightmares, causing him to tos and turn all night. this does not help the wound healing process, but the wound doesn't open again either.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 29, 2016, 08:16:58 am »

grab and stash some orange moss before continuing to wander....furiously rub the end of my dagger in it.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 05:48:09 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 29, 2016, 08:23:29 am »

Do I need to be holding the object I want to make go boom, or is simply having line of sight enough? After that, see if my toy soldier has detachable limbs. Then calculate if I can use it to influence a humanoid, a la voodoo doll. If this isn't how it's used, calculate how I could use it.

Accept shaman's blessing, and let the goblin scouts teach me and show me the enemies attack route.

"Statement: Advice disguised as stories. Neat.
Query: You mean to tell methat attacking them head on is futile, and getting them to fight among themselves is the way to go, yes?
Statement: Depending on how my allies' scouting goes, that might be possible. For now, I operate under the assumption that we will need to elimate them in small groups. "

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 29, 2016, 09:13:03 am »

"Spineless bastard.
Hey, I told you to speak up, and stop stuttering.
Now, tell me where the Mercenaries are getting supplies from, and speak up."

Talk.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 10:38:59 pm by Egan_BW »
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 29, 2016, 05:08:14 pm »

Solam Kobemtosed

Strike his leg now.

Moopli

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Spines Here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 29, 2016, 09:43:32 pm »

Hom:

Fire some regular destructomagic at the kobold, then the elf. Grumble about silly people not staying dead.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 29, 2016, 11:50:09 pm »

VERY WELL, WE WILL CONVENE IN THE MORNING.

SAY... IT IS GETTING PRETTY DARK. YOU WOULDN'T HAPPEN TO HAVE A SPARE TENT FOR MY ASSOCIATE AND I, WOULD YOU?

Request shelter for the night.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 30, 2016, 08:23:08 am »

grab and stash some orange moss before continuing to wander....furiously rub the end of my dagger in it.
You loot the woods, stuffing moss down your pants and thrusting your weapon into the mist mass repeatedly. Elves are weird. You pull out your knife and examine it. Yep, it's stained orange now. Won't that cow's ear be envious?

Do I need to be holding the object I want to make go boom, or is simply having line of sight enough? After that, see if my toy soldier has detachable limbs. Then calculate if I can use it to influence a humanoid, a la voodoo doll. If this isn't how it's used, calculate how I could use it.

Accept shaman's blessing, and let the goblin scouts teach me and show me the enemies attack route.

"Statement: Advice disguised as stories. Neat.
Query: You mean to tell methat attacking them head on is futile, and getting them to fight among themselves is the way to go, yes?
Statement: Depending on how my allies' scouting goes, that might be possible. For now, I operate under the assumption that we will need to elimate them in small groups. "

Line of sight will work, though direct contact is better. The soldier does have detachable limbs, but it is carefully constructed to be durable, which means the mechanisms to take apart the limbs require some time to manipulate without damaging it. It does indeed seem that you could manipulate a humanoid using your clockwork and focusing through this. You could do other things with it as well. For example, if you wanted to lift something particularly heavy, lining up the tow in your sight so that it looks like the toy is holding the object, then channeling power through the toy and into the object while raising the toy's arms, would help. other actions could help with other effects too. You could rockem sockem robot punch a moose, if you are into that sort of thing.

"Small bites make short work of a big meal." And "One cannot stab his enemy when he is arguing with his brother."

The shamans stand in a circle around the two of you and chant for a time. You cannot tell what effect it has, if any. A few scouts are summoned and introduced as Knife, Slinky, and Mushroom. they can take you to see the routes now, or in the morning.

VERY WELL, WE WILL CONVENE IN THE MORNING.

SAY... IT IS GETTING PRETTY DARK. YOU WOULDN'T HAPPEN TO HAVE A SPARE TENT FOR MY ASSOCIATE AND I, WOULD YOU?

Request shelter for the night.
they offer you a place in one of the bigger tents. When they did their chant around you and Clunkers, you could sense a subtle change in the air around you. It feels like the blessing is primarily sensory in nature, but there is something else as well. hard to say though. You can stay here tonight regardless of whether Clunkers is out with the scouts.

"Spineless bastard.
Hey, I told you to speak up, and stop stuttering.
Now, tell me where the Mercenaries are getting supplies from, and speak up."

Talk.
"th-th-they are g-g-g-gett-tt-ing them fr-from V-Vanta. That's t-t-to the west. B-b-big c-c-ity pleasedontkillemihaveafamily.
they get sup-p-p-plies fr-r-rom lots of p-p-plac-c-c-es in V-v-vanta."

Solam Kobemtosed

Strike his leg now.
You strike his leg as he swings at your arm. blood pours out of his stump, and he drops, howling and clutching his leg. You look down at him, then at your arm, and the machete stuck halfway into it. Meh. You've had worse.

Hom:

Fire some regular destructomagic at the kobold, then the elf. Grumble about silly people not staying dead.
You blast the kobold to shreds. Parts fly off in a lot of arcs. It is beautiful, in a gruesome kind of way. The other blast doesn't go quite so well. As if anything could. You get struck twice by arrows in sensitive spots. One makes its way into your shell and digs into your neck, and another gets one of your forelegs.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 30, 2016, 09:12:32 am »

thrust about sporadicaly a  bit before going east a bit
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 30, 2016, 12:27:48 pm »

"Hmm. Last question, but you probably don't know the answer. I'll give you... five minutes, and if you can't give me a good answer in that time, I'll kill you. Who is paying these mercenaries?"

Right to the point, point the point at him.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 30, 2016, 02:06:56 pm »

Solam Kobemtosed

Chop at his other leg, move to the elf. Slash at his leg if I make it this turn.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 30, 2016, 03:54:56 pm »

Retire to my tent. Take note of any potential "souvenirs".
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 37