Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 37

Author Topic: Omega legion: Bluff Harder!  (Read 48392 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Omega legion: Merc Madness
« Reply #390 on: May 23, 2016, 07:19:18 pm »

Does the knife have sufficient control over the sentry to remove itself from the wound, and hide it under his clothes?  If so, do so.  Also, would casting yet another will debuff on the sentry be helpful, or entirely wasteful?  If the former, do so.

As for Mordred... well, I'm tempted to have him do a heroic last stand to delay the horde, since Comrade P seems to have abandoned this game, but I don't want to kill even an abandoned PC.  He'll throw arcs of electricity back at the pursuers--not quite aiming to harm them, but suppress.  People are less willing to pursue if they risk getting shot.

And both of them just run directly away, of course.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: May 23, 2016, 07:26:49 pm »

continue on path, hiding if I hear/see/smell anything.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: May 23, 2016, 08:07:35 pm »

Solam Kobemtosed
Spasm patiently.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: May 24, 2016, 08:01:08 am »

"Statement: This one is glad that you can see its logic. I shall release you from your magical bonds. This one will not ask you to attack your former comrades, do not worry."

Release the vine beast of his magical prison. If it tries to attack, freeze it again.

If it's true to its word and comes peacefully, go and help Solam get his body back in order by doing what the other guy described a few turns ago: "reversing the sensory nature of the magic and making it a motor function instead, changing hte direction of control to flow from you to it, rahter than from it to you."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: May 24, 2016, 07:36:44 pm »

Does the knife have sufficient control over the sentry to remove itself from the wound, and hide it under his clothes?  If so, do so.  Also, would casting yet another will debuff on the sentry be helpful, or entirely wasteful?  If the former, do so.

As for Mordred... well, I'm tempted to have him do a heroic last stand to delay the horde, since Comrade P seems to have abandoned this game, but I don't want to kill even an abandoned PC.  He'll throw arcs of electricity back at the pursuers--not quite aiming to harm them, but suppress.  People are less willing to pursue if they risk getting shot.

And both of them just run directly away, of course.
the sentry does as required and puts the knife under his shirt. No, additional debuffs don't help.  The will debuff is a long term thing that the knife invests energy into continually. Like a wrestling match, rather than firing arrows at a target.

Mordred fires his lightning, but fails to get any real effect out of it, and the enemy remains hot on your trail.

edit: =facepalm= more coming

continue on path, hiding if I hear/see/smell anything.
Anything? I mean, there's trees, the sky, dirt, grass, your angry teammates wondering where the bloody hell yo uare going - that kind of thing.
Actually, you do pick up tracks from your recent combatants. looks like ... there are definite telltales of a very large, plant based thing going through, the clear prints of the troll, including some mucus you stick your hand in, and wipe on your shirt. There's evidence of two human sized creatures - probably the sorcerer and the grey. And something else - smaller.

"Statement: This one is glad that you can see its logic. I shall release you from your magical bonds. This one will not ask you to attack your former comrades, do not worry."

Release the vine beast of his magical prison. If it tries to attack, freeze it again.

If it's true to its word and comes peacefully, go and help Solam get his body back in order by doing what the other guy described a few turns ago: "reversing the sensory nature of the magic and making it a motor function instead, changing hte direction of control to flow from you to it, rahter than from it to you."

The vine guy rises up and stands quietly in place, making no move toward you or escape. you then link with Solam and the weird blue stuff and reverse the flow. it isn't pretty, and won't do for fine movements, and he's pretty twitchy, but he can move now.

Solam Kobemtosed
Spasm patiently.
You twitch with the patience of the undead. Eventually Clunkers comes over and does some fiddling around with some toy or another, muttering to itself and poking you here and there. finally, you feel a weird sensation, then a shapr pain, then nothing. You raise a hand experimentally. it smacks you in the face,  but you get it under control. You clench a fist, head jerking sideways, and take an experimental step forward. you won't be stealthy by any means, but you can move under your own power again - even your damaged arm.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 07:45:24 pm by Ozarck »

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: May 24, 2016, 08:49:11 pm »

Return back to the group, stick to the side of the path. If I see anything that isn't my
Loot bags Team mates Stabby stab stab

Ummm Guys...we didn't get all of them. There's still one more small guy.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: May 24, 2016, 10:30:36 pm »

Cho Ja

swing back around and buff mordreds speed, then high tail it back to base in bullet time.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: May 24, 2016, 10:40:53 pm »

If I can react to Spaz on this turn, try to find the little guy with farseeing. Keeping my pipe at the ready, of course.

Otherwise, keep an eye on Vineguy.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: May 25, 2016, 10:30:45 am »

Solam Kobemtosed
Let's see if I can talk to the grey. Make sure Arileth doesn't try to stab our new friend.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: May 25, 2016, 11:38:36 am »

"Query: Creature of vines, do you know of one more small mercenary that came with your group, as my fellow Omega here says?
Statement: If one such person is still around, I would like to avoid further bloodshed on either side of this conflict."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: May 25, 2016, 06:01:25 pm »

Hmm.  Would buffing the sentry's speed make it harder for the knife to maintain control, due to having more things to concentrate on?  If not, do so.

Mordred uses telekinesis to speed himself up.

It would make it harder yes. Telekenesis doesn't work that way. Comrade and I discussed that a while back - things like flying and other self targeted skills are ineffective. See below for the resolution of this turn. As it is, the knife struggles this round to maintain control. It may be only a matter of time before he loses it, considering the current situation.

Cho Ja

swing back around and buff Mordreds speed, then high tail it back to base in bullet time.

You swing back around and cross paths with the others, but can't focus well enough while everyone is running and dodging to cast that buff. In general, you three are gaining ground on the enemy, but the unfamiliar fellow is losing ground on Mordred and yourself. You've counted four chasers overall. You might just get away with this after all.

Return back to the group, stick to the side of the path. If I see anything that isn't my
Loot bags Team mates Stabby stab stab

Ummm Guys...we didn't get all of them. There's still one more small guy.
hmm. int:0. gen know: 0 roll: 6. You decidedly do not stab, the trees, the grass, the path, yourself, or the root creature. you even refrain from stabbing the corpses of the enemy, in a remarkable display of common sense. You are struck by such an inspiration of comon sense that you even apologize to Solam for attempting to loot him, and promise not to wandr off on your own anymore. That's really goning to cramp your style, man.

If I can react to Spaz on this turn, try to find the little guy with farseeing. Keeping my pipe at the ready, of course.

Otherwise, keep an eye on Vineguy.

You sit down, pull out your Farglass, and begin to search. You locate a few possible telltales, but can only confirm that teh litle guy, whatever it was, is not in the immediate vicinity.

Solam Kobemtosed
Let's see if I can talk to the grey. Make sure Arileth doesn't try to stab our new friend.

Arileth seems quite ... sane ... at the moment. it's really creeping you out - and your a zombie, master of creepiness!
You jerk and twitch your way over to the grey, and lift him up with one hand, staring into his encrusted eyes. You summon your deathly magic and will him forth, to speak to you.
"Leave me to be! Have you not done enough already? A curse on you! Afflictions and pox on your soul!" Boy, the sound of bitter defeat sure is sweet in the voice of your conquests.

"Query: Creature of vines, do you know of one more small mercenary that came with your group, as my fellow Omega here says?
Statement: If one such person is still around, I would like to avoid further bloodshed on either side of this conflict."

please put a white bolded word or two at the beginining of your posts, so I know that all this purple is action and not just RP. The purple is a tad ahrd to read on darkling, though easy enough to highlight. the white will just make it a little easier for me to spot, when various other goings on are ... you know ... going on.

"There were five of us today. I only see myself remaining."

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: May 25, 2016, 07:10:58 pm »

Terrance sighs, pocketing* its farglass. It gestures at the vineguy with its nearest arm.

"HE IS LYING. PERHAPS I COULD TORTURE HIM?"

*I don't know how that works.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 08:47:00 pm by DoctorMcTaalik »

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: May 25, 2016, 07:20:45 pm »

Patrol the surrounding area. Kill the vine guy first. Though
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 12:00:20 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: May 26, 2016, 11:56:59 am »

..."I'm not sure why I even bothered to give you this chance."

Yeah, he isn't going to help. It's time to dine.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 37