Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 67

Author Topic: Omega legion: The Satyr's Entourage  (Read 66279 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Omega legion: Oh Joy, plants getting married
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2016, 08:24:39 am »

Get visuals on everything.
You lurch skkyward and begin scanning, noting the position of your team and the immediate surroundings in detail. You see the creature which is approaching - it is about twenty meters away when yu begin to rise and has apparently noticed your team. You also note that there are hills rising to the southwest, a small river flowing toward the northeast, located north and west of your position, and what looks like a steep drop to the northeast, beyond which is a fenlike area with hints of water beyond. You notice that, though you are not in Fey (the offier debriefing you would have said if you were going there), this area looks to be a prime point of crossing to that Land. You carefully make a note of that fact.

Reggie/merly stares in fascination at the things around him and lightly laughs and in a sincere voice
I love the forest.

"Yes, forest is wonderful!  Dar'yajira has missed it so much."

Smell the environment, checking for unusual smells.  Idly watch for entites approaching from a direction aside from the direction of the footsteps.
You catch an appealing scent and see a flash of movement from away from the first set of steps. Instinct leads you to dash out of the circle of your friends toward the motion, and you launch yourself at what you saw. Whatever it is runs, and you chase it for several dozen yards before tackling it and holding it under your forepaws. The oddly dressed mouse looks up at you with cool intellect and a slight shiver of fear. "Squeak!" It squeaks. You hear the grasses nearby rustle with the sounds of at least two of the little one's compatriots.

Stare in fascination at the woods stay just behind Aylia.
I allow the sounds to approach, calming myself and preparing to make necessary introductions. I am not going to reach for my weapon when it shows itself, nor step or look away. I will watch it, and if, and only if, it actually attacks, will I evade. In all cases I will not show fear, and will not reach for a weapon. And I attempt to stand at the front of the Omegas for this first contact.
the creature makes its way into view about twenty feet or so away and looks at you, A bright smile shining out from it's cherubic face. It stands on it's hoofed back feet, holding a set of reeds, bound together by fibers and arranged according to length. It wears a small satchel slung across one shoulder, and nothing else but it's brown fur.

"Guests! At last, the guests have begun to arrive! Oh joyous day, a day for merriment and laughter! Come, let us dance our happiness at this meeting!" and with that, the satyr lifts his pipes to his lips and blows. Reggie giggles and claps, bouncing on her feet, just behind Aylia. fiddler gets a dreamy look in his eye, and begins to pull out his fiddle, hopping slightly forward and swaying as he does. they eye, compelled by the sound, looks dow nat the little party and lowers a touch from the sky, curious, perhaps, about the instrument the satyr is playing. And Ebony, upon hearing the song begin, drops waht she is holding and begins dancing, racing after the satyr as he leaps and cavorts in the little clearing. Dar is already chasing mice, so he is otherwise occupied.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2016, 08:47:16 am »

"OMEGAS FALL IN FIVE STEPS TO MY REAR AND STAND AT ATTENTION!!"
I maintain eye contact with the satyr.
"Your song is marvelous and appropriate for this joyous occasion, however my companions and I cannot afford to partake of it. We have obligations to fulfill to ensure all the others may properly enjoy the festivities. Would you please withhold your song enough to allow my companions to filfill their obligations?"

edit: ((after Dar's player posts could we get another turn run quickly? Everyone being under a compulsion kinda reduces choices down to "resist compulsion".))
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 09:50:15 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2016, 09:02:13 am »

Meryl's face falls a little before nodding
Attempt to do what Aylia said.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2016, 10:02:37 am »

"Can't go two seconds without a rando accosting you, seems like," says Fiddler.

Step behind Aylia and ponder the odds of somebody dancing themselves to death before we're done here.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2016, 10:04:35 am »

((Wait we were under a compulsion? Dancing just seemed in character for reggie/Meryl so I didn't question it.))

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2016, 02:11:53 pm »

Get Dar'yajira off of the mouse!  Oh wait, they are off the mouse.  Does this unit have a counterspell available?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 03:29:36 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2016, 02:57:09 pm »

"I'm trying, I think it's some kind of magic!"

Try to resist and follow Alyia's direction
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2016, 02:58:17 pm »

"...Prey is dressed?  It has master then, no?  Dar'yajira shall let it be."

Release the mouse, as Dar prefers to only kill non-sapient beings.  Return to the group, and attempt to stand at attention behind Aylia.

"Dar'yajira is not sure how to stand at attention... is this one doing it right?"

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2016, 08:46:55 pm »

((Flick your tail regally, I think.))
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2016, 01:45:26 pm »

I meant to post this morning, but fell asleep.

"OMEGAS FALL IN FIVE STEPS TO MY REAR AND STAND AT ATTENTION!!"
I maintain eye contact with the satyr.
"Your song is marvelous and appropriate for this joyous occasion, however my companions and I cannot afford to partake of it. We have obligations to fulfill to ensure all the others may properly enjoy the festivities. Would you please withhold your song enough to allow my companions to filfill their obligations?"

edit: ((after Dar's player posts could we get another turn run quickly? Everyone being under a compulsion kinda reduces choices down to "resist compulsion".))
((well, not entirely. Resist could be part of an action. And since most of the team was already resisting to pretty good effect, the responses could have been enlightening))
The Satyr falters in his song a moment and looks at you, ears drooping. "Obligations? How sad. Tis too much a joyous occasion to be weighted down by such.Well met, friend, and I wish you better days." The Satyr then raises his pipes again and begins playing a low, sad song instead, changing his dance to a slow, swaying thing.

Meryl's face falls a little before nodding
Attempt to do what Aylia said.
Meryl counts out five steps then falls directly into Aylia's rear, before crumpling in a little ball and crying with the changed tune. The collision causes Aylia to step forward awkwardly, and the Satyr laughs uproariously. His song changes to one of merriment again. Meryl giggles, and then stands up directly behind Aylia, laughing and clapping and bouncing once more.

"Can't go two seconds without a rando accosting you, seems like," says Fiddler.

Step behind Aylia and ponder the odds of somebody dancing themselves to death before we're done here.
You mentally place even money on Meryl/Reggie to do exactly that.

Get Dar'yajira off of the mouse!  Oh wait, they are off the mouse.  Does this unit have a counterspell available?
Let's see .. skills include farseeing, telekinesis, device continuity (for transferring memories to upgrades and whatnot), and analysis/investigation. I suppose you cold use farseeing or analysis to occupy your mind, or analysis to attempt to construct a countertune. As it is, you screech a loud wail, and go diving at dar to prevent hostilities in the most time honored of ways: with hostility. Yo note the Satyr's ears sag sharply when you screech, and he holds his forepaws over his ears in apparent pain, before redoubling his musical efforts in an apparent attempt to wash that unclean sound out of his ears. You collide with Dar with a resounding thump, just moments after he releases the mousefellow and turns to head back to the group.

"I'm trying, I think it's some kind of magic!"

Try to resist and follow Alyia's direction
You break free of the dance momentarily, blinking in confusion as the Satyr holds his hands over his ears and the piercing shriek of the Eye's divebomb cuts into your concentration. unfortunately, the redoubled song snares yo uimediately afterward, and off you go again, dancing and laughing, a hint of hysteria in your voice making the laugh a tad unnatural.

"...Prey is dressed?  It has master then, no?  Dar'yajira shall let it be."

Release the mouse, as Dar prefers to only kill non-sapient beings.  Return to the group, and attempt to stand at attention behind Aylia.

"Dar'yajira is not sure how to stand at attention... is this one doing it right?"
ou release the mouse, placing it gently on it's feet again, and turn around. suddenly, orbic death from above collides with you in a resounding crash. You bounce off  the ground and lash out instinctively, claws screeching on the metal bits of the eye and sending cold chills up your spine. Suddenly, three small arrows come flying out of the grass at your back, clanging harmlessly off the Eye's hide. You turn and see three mousefellows waving and shouting, preparing anothe rvolley against your newly found mortal foe.

most of you have resisted the song pretty thoroughly, and are free to act with it as a minor nuisance in your mind. Ebony, having rolled snake eyes, and meryl, having -2 will, both remain in trouble. the Satyr seemed at first to be reasonably willing to be persuaded, but with the harsh screeching and combat, he's gone a tad instinctive, and is currently dancing ebony off in a direction opposite that of Dar and the Eye. Lot's of overshoots today.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2016, 02:06:44 pm »

"Apologies.  This unit was unable to stop in time to prevent an ultimately unnecessary collision.  This unit misjudged."

...I asked about the availability of a counterspell, not 'Screech loudly to drown out the music'!  Oh well.

Trip up the people in the dance.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 03:05:06 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2016, 02:07:58 pm »

((The dancing is still in character))
Don't resist the urge to dance flow with it and begin dancing marvously!
((Otherwise known as dance better and awesome I imagine you'd roll dexterity for dancing?))
This is sooo fun!

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2016, 03:03:08 pm »

"Please- *Hysterical Laughing* Help!"

((I see Ebony is rolling poorly in Willpower.))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2016, 03:17:22 pm »

"Seems like you're using magic on your music there," Fiddler observes. "Where I come from they frown on that sort of thing, you know, tuning up songs in post-production with magic. Says it cheapens the art, they do. What do you sound like without the magical overlay, I wonder?"

Attempt to talk shop with cheeky forest dweller.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 67