Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 67

Author Topic: Omega legion: The Satyr's Entourage  (Read 66287 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Omega legion: Oh Joy, plants getting married
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2016, 03:51:53 pm »

Cast a magical shield to defend against the mouse arrows, and run back across the clearing to hide in a tree on the far side.  Do not retaliate or speak.

Edit: Attempt to grab the comstone Aylia tosses, assuming it is small enough to be held in a cat's mouth.  If it isn't small enough to be held by a cat, just ignore it.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Omega legion: Oh Joy, plants getting married
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2016, 05:54:33 pm »

"Omegas! Remember why we're here! Fiddler, Dar, and myself all have Coms with the Eye, Meryl, Fiddler stick together, Dar, Eye, scout the surroundings, Fiddler, Meryl, handle party security, I'll go after Ebony!"
I toss a comm-stone to/towards Fiddler and Dar each, and go chasing after Ebony, keeping the last on my person. If I can I'm going to grab Ebony by the shoulders and place a finger over each ear.
"Sir! Please! I wish you no harm, but I have duties requiring my companions have their wits about them! I ask thee again, please withhold your song!"
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Omega legion: Dance, dance, dance
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2016, 04:18:44 pm »

((The dancing is still in character))
Don't resist the urge to dance flow with it and begin dancing marvously!
((Otherwise known as dance better and awesome I imagine you'd roll dexterity for dancing?))
This is sooo fun!
... because of course (s)he does. Reggie Meryl claps, squeals, and completely disregards his team leader's orders, chasing after the Satyr and Ebony and joining the dance party. She shapechanges into a fawn and high kicks and cavorts as she goes, completely ignorant of her teammates.

"Please- *Hysterical Laughing* Help!"

((I see Ebony is rolling poorly in Willpower.))
"Apologies.  This unit was unable to stop in time to prevent an ultimately unnecessary collision.  This unit misjudged."

...I asked about the availability of a counterspell, not 'Screech loudly to drown out the music'!  Oh well.

Trip up the people in the dance.

Ebony, on the other hand, cries out for help, and the Eye, ever ready to lend a hand, dives at her feet, modulating his screech this time into a more soothing divebomb whistle as he goes. He rams int the back of her knees, sending her legs into the air. She falls with a "thump!" and lies there, winded, while the Satyr and the fawn prance off into the woods.

"Seems like you're using magic on your music there," Fiddler observes. "Where I come from they frown on that sort of thing, you know, tuning up songs in post-production with magic. Says it cheapens the art, they do. What do you sound like without the magical overlay, I wonder?"

Attempt to talk shop with cheeky forest dweller.
Putting that newly developed charisma to the test, eh? "Autotuned Noob! Get your act together and music like a manbeast! Come on, Rebecca Black, today is Tuesday!" The Satyr pauses his song, lowers his pipes and looks at you, ears drooping. "Music is magic, magic is music. how .. how do I sound without it? Like this ..." and then he brays a shrill donkey laugh. Unfortunately, he seems unable to keep magic out of his voice and the sound wahes over you like every boyband fangirl screaming at once. "that the best you got? I've heard bullfrogs with more projection!"

i'm going to assume you take the comm device Aylia is handing you as she, too tries to reason with the mercurial being.

Cast a magical shield to defend against the mouse arrows, and run back across the clearing to hide in a tree on the far side.  Do not retaliate or speak.

Edit: Attempt to grab the comstone Aylia tosses, assuming it is small enough to be held in a cat's mouth.  If it isn't small enough to be held by a cat, just ignore it.
the mice arrows fly off in the direction the Eye is going, but since he veers to tackle Ebony, they fly wide. None seem to come your way as you race across the field. You rush over to the comm device, which lands in the dirt nearby. at first you are going to ignore it, because it seems a tad awkward and cumbersome, but you nose it in curiosity and it latches onto your collar as if it was made for it. You go climb a tree and turn to behold the carnage - the Eye and Ebony in a tangled pile, a braying donkey man and a cavorting fawn being chased by a fiddle wielding art critic and your nominal leader huffing in exasperation at this remarkable display of Omega style teamwork. You spot three Awakened mice in the tall grass, short bows slung over their shoulders. they seem to be gathering their arrows and making their way toward Ebony and the Eye, paws empty and heads erect.

"Omegas! Remember why we're here! Fiddler, Dar, and myself all have Coms with the Eye, Meryl, Fiddler stick together, Dar, Eye, scout the surroundings, Fiddler, Meryl, handle party security, I'll go after Ebony!"
I toss a comm-stone to/towards Fiddler and Dar each, and go chasing after Ebony, keeping the last on my person. If I can I'm going to grab Ebony by the shoulders and place a finger over each ear.
"Sir! Please! I wish you no harm, but I have duties requiring my companions have their wits about them! I ask thee again, please withhold your song!"
the Eye has handled Ebony, but of course Meryl has become a fawn, so you chase after her instead. Unfortunately, the Satyr's response to Fiddler hits you like every drunken pickup line on New Year's Eve, and you recoil, covering your ears and groaning. By the time you look up, the satyr and Meryl Fawn are nowhere to be seen, the sound of them fading into the woods.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2016, 04:20:04 pm »

After them!  No losing team members!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 04:33:37 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2016, 04:29:06 pm »

"Well, at least he's gone and fucked off for now. Bloody magic folk."

"Anyway, elf person, stop tooling about and come with me. Got places to go, people to break!"
he tells Ebony, readying a blanket.

Check around for any burning and/or fire people. Those seem like the top priority.

Do so discreetly, however.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 04:33:10 pm by Harry Baldman »

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2016, 04:45:51 pm »

Can I go back to my friends now?

Turn back into the Meryl form and ask this question then proceed to go back all  while still dancing of course.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 04:52:03 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2016, 05:54:56 pm »

Dar'yajira shouts after Aylia, as he leaps from a tree "This one should attempt to free shifter, yes?  It will do so!"

Chase after the satyr and Meryl, possibly coordinating with the eye to do so.  Dispel the shield that was cast earlier, and focus on magically enhancing strength as much as possible.  Once the satyr is found, stealthily get close to it and attempt to grab its instrument, then run off with said instrument.

Or, if the satyr has freed Meryl, take to the trees and scout ahead in the direction the satyr was headed, preferably while remaining unseen.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2016, 10:35:58 pm »

"You've got to be... okay then, new plan, Fiddler, Ebony, stick together and handle the mission itself please, I'll scout from the air until the Eye gets on-task. Ebony, please hang on to these for me."
I undress and pass Ebony my clothes and gear before shifting to raven form and taking flight. I need to see what the layout of this place is and if there are anymore crisies to deal with.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2016, 06:53:50 pm »

After them!  No losing team members!
You float into the woods and rush after the fading sounds of music. They appear to be gaining on you.

"Well, at least he's gone and fucked off for now. Bloody magic folk."

"Anyway, elf person, stop tooling about and come with me. Got places to go, people to break!"
he tells Ebony, readying a blanket.

Check around for any burning and/or fire people. Those seem like the top priority.

Do so discreetly, however.

There are no fire people nearby. Only your team the satyr, and the rustling in the grass. that rustling reveals itself to be three armed mice, who step out of the brush nearby. "Metal Assault Sphere repelled?" One asks, whiskers twitching.

Can I go back to my friends now?

Turn back into the Meryl form and ask this question then proceed to go back all  while still dancing of course.
(1) You are not even conscious of the existence of friends at this point, leaping and prancing like the newborn fawn you are. What once was Reggie is now a member of a Satyr's troupe. Perhaps a better fate than being beaten to death by an angry mob, anyway.

Dar'yajira shouts after Aylia, as he leaps from a tree "This one should attempt to free shifter, yes?  It will do so!"

Chase after the satyr and Meryl, possibly coordinating with the eye to do so.  Dispel the shield that was cast earlier, and focus on magically enhancing strength as much as possible.  Once the satyr is found, stealthily get close to it and attempt to grab its instrument, then run off with said instrument.

Or, if the satyr has freed Meryl, take to the trees and scout ahead in the direction the satyr was headed, preferably while remaining unseen.

You outpace the Eye, who seems to be having trouble with branches and leaves and the like, and manage to catch up to the Satyr. Meryl looks odd. her coat is light brown and completely lacking any hint of the shapeshifter's original color, and the eyes, previously so kind and curious, have become wild. You leap up and snatch the instrument from the Satyr's lips, but it retains a grip on it. The music stops, and the Satyr brays in surprise at you. The fawn dashes off in fear at the sudden combat.

"You've got to be... okay then, new plan, Fiddler, Ebony, stick together and handle the mission itself please, I'll scout from the air until the Eye gets on-task. Ebony, please hang on to these for me."
I undress and pass Ebony my clothes and gear before shifting to raven form and taking flight. I need to see what the layout of this place is and if there are anymore crisies to deal with.
You toss your clothes at the pile of blanket next to Fiddler and launch into the air. You circle a bit, seeing hills to the south and west, a river flowing toward the northeast (the river is north of you), and a low escarpment to the northeast. The river flows over the escarpment and down to a bit of a fen, and winds lazily from there northeast until it connects with another river and turns south east. There is no major activity near your entry point. Perhaps the actual event will be taking place elsewhere in the vicinity? Hard to see at first glance where that might be though. at least there are no fires, wars, creeping darknesses, giant beasts, or ominous sounds to indicate additional catastrophes.

Edit: Corrected a couple minor typos. No information was altered.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 08:44:51 pm by Ozarck »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Omega legion: THe Satyr's Entourage
« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2016, 07:08:57 pm »

"Ah, right."

The mice. Catch them in a blanket and beat the resultant parcel until it stops moving and ask if they've been invited. If not, instruct them to kindly forfeit their weapons.

Should they fail to do so, administer as severe a beating as is required for them to reconsider this behavior.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 08:56:15 pm by Harry Baldman »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2016, 07:14:01 pm »

((It's probably worth asking, does this count as Reggie being dead? Or can they be saved if someone were to stop the music?))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2016, 07:15:25 pm »

keep talking to the satyr
((Probably not dead reggies mind seems like it'd be hard to fully destroy subdue fuck yeah that's easy destroy harder definitely plus I don't think the satyr would want to destroy someone's mind.))
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 07:31:08 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2016, 07:16:31 pm »

((The wording kind of implies that Reggie, as a person, is gone. Even if they could still physically turn back, if that's the case it wouldn't matter because there'd be no person there.))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2016, 07:19:27 pm »

((Reggie is a weird thing he's very technically a shit ton of people and as such it'd be extremely hard to completely destroy who reggie is))

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2016, 07:22:28 pm »

((So even if Reggie's pretty hurt he can probably be fixed I'm thinking the satyr wouldn't want to destroy someone's mind anyway.))
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 67