Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 67

Author Topic: Omega legion: The Satyr's Entourage  (Read 66224 times)

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: Omega legion: The Satyr's Entourage
« Reply #630 on: May 27, 2016, 09:22:27 pm »

Noir walks over to  the strange humanoid and In a cautious tone.
"Hello?"
Say  hello to the mysterious one.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: May 27, 2016, 10:36:53 pm »

I hang back again for now, giving Noir another shot at being diplomatic.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: May 29, 2016, 12:07:34 am »

Noir walks over to  the strange humanoid and In a cautious tone.
"Hello?"
Say  hello to the mysterious one.
The mysterious one crosses his arms, looks down at you, and nods to itself. Hello. Beyond here is no place for you. I suggest you curb your curiosity. there are plenty of things to see today. A patch of Shimmering Lizards is nesting to the north. It is quite a sight.

I hang back again for now, giving Noir another shot at being diplomatic.
She's off to a reasonable start. So expect frost giants any second.

Since the situation seems to have... well, not calmed down, but become less dangerous, Dar'yajira will go find a particularly comfy tree branch and rest while watching the goings-on.  Release both buffs, too.
Okay. Done. waiting on Noir to resolve their little situation and I'll move on to the next day and the fun stuff planned for that.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: May 29, 2016, 12:17:23 am »

At the semi friendly conversation that seems to be  springing up noir seems to relax and in a friendly and slightly apologetic tone.
"That sounds pretty cool actually.But why are you here exactly? It's kinda my um......assignment? Yeah assignment's the word.But I have to make sure this event goes off without a scale fracture." 

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: May 29, 2016, 02:01:01 am »

so far so good. waiting and seeing how Noir does. If it goes well then I'm going to go rest at the Omega camp to be ready for the next day.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: May 29, 2016, 02:53:43 am »

((Oh hey, didn't notice this had updated. Sorry.))

"Excellent! Lovely! Brilliant!"

Let's not forget the betting pool. Take bets and assign acceptable point spreads and odds. Make book, make bank! Gotta involve the audience further, right?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: May 29, 2016, 07:24:20 am »

At the semi friendly conversation that seems to be  springing up noir seems to relax and in a friendly and slightly apologetic tone.
"That sounds pretty cool actually.But why are you here exactly? It's kinda my um......assignment? Yeah assignment's the word.But I have to make sure this event goes off without a scale fracture." 
I am here for the wedding, of course. but I doubt that your assignment lies with me, miss. We are not expecting any of that kind of service here. I expect you will have better luck downriver. I hear that there are actually humans coming. No doubt some few of them will find you pleasing to the eye and quite entertaining ... if a tad exotic. Now be off. Shoo, before you and your floating friend wake the ladies. At this, he actually makes shooing motions at you.

so far so good. waiting and seeing how Noir does. If it goes well then I'm going to go rest at the Omega camp to be ready for the next day.
It's pretty hard to judge how she is doing - High Fey are rather a complicated lot, but at his gesture you realize that this fellow did not come to see the forbidden zone. he came out of it to see the commotion.

Depending on how Noir takes that little brush off, well either way I'll write up the morning's situation after I read her response.

((Oh hey, didn't notice this had updated. Sorry.))

"Excellent! Lovely! Brilliant!"

Let's not forget the betting pool. Take bets and assign acceptable point spreads and odds. Make book, make bank! Gotta involve the audience further, right?
Naturally. you head back to your tent late, cataloguing the various entrants, preliminary rankings, odds, betting interest, and house take, of course. You brush aside the minor detail of what the betting stakes will be, since many of these races do not use the same financial systems. You are sure it will resolve itself - to your benefit. Money Money money. And favors, goods, luxuries. You sleep well, big dreams swirling. ((I missed what Lenglon told me about her and ATH's actions, so I made a secondary update to cover it. all good. You missed nothing.))

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: May 29, 2016, 07:42:52 am »

>"Apologies, I was unaware that there were sleeping persons inside.  I will modulate my volume accordingly.  Nevertheless, we are assigned to keep out those who should not be entering this area.  We cannot guarantee we will be successful, as we personally seem to be rather short-staffed for this, but we will be even less successful should we have to widen our perimeter much."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: May 29, 2016, 08:06:14 am »

Dawn is breaking!

Greet the new day! Hopefully we can keep the games (perhaps with additional entrants) going on the next day as well.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: May 29, 2016, 10:35:33 am »

Noir seems to grow  angry at the diss and twitches but seems to realize something before their anger explodes!
Use my charm magic on myself  to calm myself back to my normal less angry state.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 10:49:35 am by AbstractTraitorHero »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: May 29, 2016, 10:37:10 am »

>Suggestion:Incapacitate Noir.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: May 29, 2016, 10:50:37 am »

"I'm fixing  the problem."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: May 29, 2016, 07:55:52 pm »

Noir casts a charm on herself, failing miserably and standing still in impotent rage. The Eye then floats over and nudges her along, causing her to stumble away toward camp. Where she stands howling at the moon in pure fury until she wears herself out and falls unconscious. When awakened the next day, she has lost her voice due to the over use, and still twitches with uncontrolled anger.

the Jousting tourney is going well, and your contact is pleased with how you've managed most things, but encourages a perimeter sweep, as a pack of Lizard Raptors has bee nspotted nearby, and they are definitely not invited, due to their tendency to eat the other guests. Additionally, the Eye spots two different situations developing. First is a group of Frost Giants (I did say to expect them, didn't I?). they are heading from the direction you guys came from, with the apparent intent of crossing through he grounds to the opposite side, where, your contact informs you, a region has been set aside for them. Their path will take them straight through your impromptu sports venue, and Frost Giants are not known for deviating from a course out of courtesy or compassion. The second situation involves two groups of massive mobile plantlife, both converging slowly on the central point of the festivities - one from the hills, and the other from the swamp regions. Dar spots another situation - rodentpeople are doing possibly unsavory things within the crowd at the tourney. Dar is sure thatwhat they are doing is unsavory. They are, after all, vermin.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 67