Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: No Goblin Attacks?  (Read 3351 times)

WaffleEggnog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
No Goblin Attacks?
« on: March 31, 2016, 02:05:19 pm »

I've played about 3-4 forts in the newest version, and each time Goblins have been listed as a neighbour and an enemy on the neighbours screen, and I still have not encountered any goblin attacks, ambushes, sieges, or even snatchers. My newest fort is right beside a goblin settlement and still no attacks. Is this a bug? What gives?
WHEN POSSIBLE, I PREFER TO CONSUME YOUR FACE.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: No Goblin Attacks?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2016, 02:40:58 pm »

What's the goblin's population? And are they at war to another civ?

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2016, 02:46:15 pm »

I've gotten goblin attacks with .42.06, ranging from the 10 exploratory gobbos to 120 goblins, 40 troll auxiliaries, and beak dog mounts.  Make sure you go for a couple years, because it takes 2-3 years for them to notice you.  The higher you can get your fort value, the greater the chance of attention from the greenies as well.
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

bmxbumpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • How did I pass? She beat me like I owed her money.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2016, 03:36:12 pm »

I feel like unseen a new post about thisevery few days. Please do a search of goblins or sieges or goblin sieges and u will find tons of info. One of the most common is the "u need at least 80 dwarves to be sieged"

Another big one is fortress wealth, y should they attack u if you only have crap furniture and no high quality materials

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2016, 08:08:46 pm »

1. Make sure you have at least 80 citizens (not including tavern guests).
2. Wait at least for 2 years after that before giving up.

Goblin ambushes and snatchers are probably rare nowadays because I haven't seen any since 0.40, if not bugged.

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2016, 08:15:25 pm »

Goblins no longer have the [AMBUSHER] tag in the raws. You can add it in entity_default.txt to get ambushes again.
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

mirrizin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2016, 10:00:03 pm »

I think I saw a human snatcher once.

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2016, 10:29:58 pm »

I think I saw a human snatcher once.
Yeah, goblin baby snatchers snatch all sorts of babies, and sometimes those are human. Sometimes those snatched human babies even grow up to become baby snatchers themselves.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2016, 10:33:23 am »

From personal experience, it is not uncommon to have to wait for 3+ years for your first siege. It looks like from the moment you trigger the ability to have a siege, it takes quite a while for the first one to actually arrive.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2016, 09:30:50 pm »

I've gotten goblin attacks with .42.06, ranging from the 10 exploratory gobbos to 120 goblins, 40 troll auxiliaries, and beak dog mounts.  Make sure you go for a couple years, because it takes 2-3 years for them to notice you.  The higher you can get your fort value, the greater the chance of attention from the greenies as well.
Value triggers are off by default for vanilla goblins. It's just population.

KillzEmAllGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Searching for the other sock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2016, 09:55:24 pm »

Goblins no longer have the [AMBUSHER] tag in the raws. You can add it in entity_default.txt to get ambushes again.
Thanks for pointing that out had a series of devastating ambushes, though they get spotted by visitors and it was a be weird because they seemed to stay creeping speed.