Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 52

Author Topic: The End of Doomforests: The Final Turn that Never came  (Read 91226 times)

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
Re: The Final Doom of Doomforest: The Calm Before the Storm
« Reply #240 on: May 05, 2016, 11:30:30 am »

If you aer going to make a new doomforest thread, dorf me as a reincarnation of imic, and name the militi "the templar order".
Cuzz why not?
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: May 05, 2016, 11:31:36 am »

If you aer going to make a new doomforest thread, dorf me as a reincarnation of imic, and name the militi "the templar order".
Cuzz why not?

I'm gonna leave the new thread to Drazoth, he's got it under control, he's also been here from the start, I'm just the new guy...
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: May 05, 2016, 11:35:38 am »

Cuzz why not?

I'm gonna leave the new thread to Drazoth, he's got it under control, he's also been here from the start, I'm just the new guy...
So am I, Ryukan.
So am I.
*pats on shoulder*
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: May 05, 2016, 01:23:36 pm »

Sorry For the lack of updates guys.  The low FPS, combined with life stuff, is slowing me down.  On the plus side, my FPS is around 12, which I think is the highest since my last turn, which is nice.  Also, the save started in the fall, so do I finish the year then do mine, or just finish the year?
Welcome to Doomforests, please, choose a cult of your liking or head to the overseers office to register your own cult. Religious freedom is pride of this fortress!

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 05, 2016, 05:54:47 pm »

Sorry For the lack of updates guys.  The low FPS, combined with life stuff, is slowing me down.  On the plus side, my FPS is around 12, which I think is the highest since my last turn, which is nice.  Also, the save started in the fall, so do I finish the year then do mine, or just finish the year?

Do what you can, don't bite off more than you can chew. But we need to start beginning on 1st Granite so we can have a rythym. But its up to you, I'll prefer both years.

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #245 on: May 05, 2016, 06:52:49 pm »

before this fortress falls, strawberries shall be grown in Hell itself!
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: May 07, 2016, 02:09:20 pm »

who's turn is it? The list seems somewhat innaccurate...
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: May 07, 2016, 02:18:53 pm »

Drazoth's.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: May 07, 2016, 02:29:11 pm »

Dark Two was working furiously in a secret chamber located deeply in Old Doomforests. Within barrels of unidentifiable liquids, vials of strange or ominous (or both at the same time!) content and his alchemical equipment he was brewing potions and horrifying concoctions. The formula he was working on was of his predecessor's creation - plump helmets, troll bone marrow, skin of a night creature, Forgotten One's noxious excretion, a bar of soap and strawberries, for the taste and their unusual magic masking ability.

The concoction he was working on now was of a special destination - Ryukan, leader of The Order of Black Arrow in Doomforests and Imic, leader of paladinial order. Gogol's influence over Klan-Master has finally started to show, as the potion while having structure of best healing brews, had horrible effects of opening many wounds, each festering with different kind of disease. A pain of agony, burning infection of body, then a gruesome internal bleeding ending life of anyone unwary enough to drink it. An ideal poison, impossible to detect by any ordinary or unusual means.

He took a parchment with his left hand - a hand bearing undecipherable markings and glyphs, emanating with strange powers, then he took a vial with elf blood and a quill in another hand. Then he wrote. Slowly, with each word weighed out carefully.

Spoiler: Letter to Order (click to show/hide)

A copy for leaders of both orders was delivered to them through secret tunnels.

Dwarves gathered in meeting hall upon the Order's call. Dark Two took a stepladder to stand high above citizens and fellow knights, to gather more attention.

- Much has changed in the fortress as of late! - Klan-Master begins his speech to citizens in meeting hall. - There were many accounts of timeline changes noticed in Doomforests. Magic detection both mine and of my trustworthy source revealed elven witchery, accompanied by strange moves from their sinister forces and evil dieties worshipped by humans! The Order of the Ale believes that such threats against Doomforests shall be dealt with as soon as possible, thus we are allowing any citizen of our glorious settlement to attack each human or elf at a sight! This includes merchants using barter as a reason to secretly realise their dark plots, bringing werebeasts and curses with them! We will withstand, we will win the war and survive the coming of dark age!

Then Klan-Master went back to his office. His speech clearly shaken the fortress thoroughly. Coming of dark age, elven witchery, this should be enough to induce fear within citizens, and when the time comes, strike back with doubled strenght in a loyalty cascade. Vision sent by Gogol and Dark One were highly effective, leaders of other orders think that Inches of Torment, a group counting six goblins and a vampire led an enormous army towards Doomforests. Fools! Just as they have predicted. Soon Doomforests shall fall, leaving only a burning hellhole ridden with demonic crundles! COR'SHAEL'A ETH XIORALE!

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: May 07, 2016, 03:59:41 pm »

"Hmmm" Airith mumbled as she studied the letter that had arrived addressed to her former master.

"It's a trap." She says.
"Definitely" Says a guard.
"Yeah" say another.

She tosses the letter in the trash and the glass vial with it.

"Are the bombs in place?" She asks.
"Yes headmistress, all trace of our presence will be erased, this sanctum will be destroyed." Replies her advisor.
"Good, lets go" Airith heads out the door and then walks into the portal room.
"Ready?"
"Yup"
"Yes ma'am"
"Let's go" She and the all but one of the black clad figures disappear into the portal. The remaining one lights a fuse and runs into the portal, with it closing behind him.

As work goes on above, an explosion ripples throughout the fortress sending dust and debris into the hallways.

*The Order of the Black Arrow has left Doomforest*

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: May 08, 2016, 01:09:01 am »

um. That's all i can say. I can't make head or tail of what this letter is supposed to be telling us. except that the fortress is doomed, and we've been getting that since the day they struck the rock up above.
Imic gestured to the surface.
what about this... drink? I'm not sure. klan master is up to something. Something... fishy.
Goken looked at the vial and licked his lips.
I know what it is. Hi said.
Do you?
yes, it's very nice. can i have a sip?
yes, yes, go on...
--HALF A MINUTE LATER--
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH...
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: May 10, 2016, 03:14:51 pm »

OOC:  Sorry this took so long, but I've been busier than expected.  I'll continue to play as much as i can, But I won't finish a full year.

1st Sandstone:  My new reign begins.  I've ordered new adamantine veins scouted for, as I'll need them for the device to work.  I've place Hans in charge while I scout the last few worlds on the list.  I'm fairly certain that this whole business is a red herring, but I need to be certain.

11th Sandstone:  Hans tells me people have been going missing lately.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

After some time, he received news that someone was burning to death.

The culprit is then found to be a red banshee.  A squad was dispatched, and the first marks dwarf on the scene kiled it easily.

18th Sandstone:  A forgotten one arrived today.  It has no way in, so nobody is worried.

24th Sandstone:  Yet another Forgotten one.  Again, it has no way in, so nobody started panicking.

OOC: Sorry for the boring update, but that's all that happened so far.  I might do some RP later to fill some gaps.  Anyway, Fall is done, and winter begins.  I'll try not to take so long this time.

Welcome to Doomforests, please, choose a cult of your liking or head to the overseers office to register your own cult. Religious freedom is pride of this fortress!

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: May 10, 2016, 05:51:08 pm »

IT LIVES!!!

Bacos666

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: May 10, 2016, 06:12:26 pm »

Now that Frankensteen is gone, I wonder who the longest living resident is?

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: May 10, 2016, 08:32:43 pm »

Wait, what's with Ryukan's new fort? Is it alredy a thing or is he waiting till Doomforests die to put it all in motion?
If it's a fort going on separately from Doomforests (wich wouldn't make much sense, because if it alredy started then Doomforests' "final doom" would never have happened but oh well) then please change any random dwarf's proffesion name to "Armok's priest" or "Missionary". That'll be good enough for me.
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.
Apparently they evolved a taste for everything I love and care about
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 52