Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 52

Author Topic: The End of Doomforests: The Final Turn that Never came  (Read 90839 times)

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
Re: The Telling of Doomforest: A History of Cults and Soap
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2016, 09:04:23 am »

Strawberries
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2016, 09:21:36 am »

[OOC] Definitely Strawberries [/OOC]

Meanwhile in Steelgolds

Steelgolds, a town founded by The Cremated Councils of The Nations of Scrubbing back in the Age of Myth in the very first year of documented history. It was commonly attacked by minotaurs, dragons, giants or even vile trolls – until the hill titan Kedusm Mistryravens, the Fell of Berries destroyed it. The town was rebuilt however, restored to it’s life by Ulet Brimransacked in early spring of 94 in the name of The Monastery of Burials of The Order of Phantoms. After three years of her rule, she was afraid that Steelgolds could meet the same fate again, so she turned for help to Gogol, who in exchange for settlement’s safety, cursed Ulet with vampirism for eternal servitude in midwinter of 97. Since that time, nobody encountered a single monster in the town of south… except Ulet.

Deep in the Newtmined, the catacombs deep beneath The Monastery of Burials, Ulet Brimransacked meets with group of goblin outcasts – The Inches of Torment. Founded in 1, they moved to Newtmined in the early spring of 2. After death of Båx Fellwarns in 65, it’s first warlord, their leader is Ulet. Devoted servants of Gogol, the god of suicide.

Ancient vampire with few goblin acolytes enters a chamber with pile of skulls and bones. With one gesture she ignites the pile. Stench of burnt bones fills the air. Ulet points at one of the acolytes, who immediately drops off his robe, stabs himself in a stomach with his dagger and jumps into flames. Ritual to summon Gogol’s avatar – sacrificial suicide has been completed. From the burst of flames comes out a naked human male with dark hair and black, piercing eyes. He takes the dropped robe and wears it on.

- Welcome Master!

- Why do you summon me servant? – He speaks calmly, his voice is full of energy.

- Things are getting interesting in Doomforests.

- What have you found out?

- There are new cults operating within the fortress. A paladinial order and it’s antagonist – The Order of the Black Arrow.

Gogol smiles widely. - Good. God of Blood loves such stories, and when Doomforests is considered, he’s mostly pleased! Armok is not a goodly grandpa that Inquisition thinks he is after all! – He says amused.

- The Conspiracy could extend their influence over these new factions… they might grow too strong...

- Conspiracy is not a threat. It’s a battle they have no chance of winning, no matter all the puppet mastery. – Gogol seems bored.

- The RegenReich have lost their influence over Doomforests, Don Pedro probably disappeared.

- It was inevitable. – He yawns.

- What are your plans master? – Ulet asks curiously.

-Doomforests is not a place where plans work. Nifih thinks that overrunning it with vampires and undead is the way to get to it’s energy veins – pointless loss of a good soldier such as Osp Schockedroomed. Necromancers of Sanctumcoals tried to brainwash a dwarf and send him with squad of their adepts. They only managed to create an abomination of a god that is Dark One. – Gogol summarizes fails at getting anything done in Doomforests. - We need to get into political structure of Doomforests, to it’s seat of power!

- How can we do it?

- There are two valid points that allows us to do it without starting another useless cult. Dark Two, and The Prime Minister – Smunstu Monsteryearlings. Goodly leader of knightly order and a goblin politician of unknown parentage. The task of converting them to our side is left to you servant! – Gogol says while going into the flames. His body turns to ashes and fire extinguishes.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 11:13:20 am by Dark One »

TechnoXan

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundles + Kobolds = AWESOME!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2016, 06:03:45 pm »

The Codex of TechnoXan , Master Mecha Engineer -----------} and Temporary Overseer and Lord of Doomforests

Entry Eleven

Yes! They arrived! Corrupted and deceived, but still knights! I direct my unfortunate allies of necessity into Haven, I watched for ten minutes while they shredded a platoon of Seeing Eye rabble like it was nothing. It appears we are safe for the time being. Wait what Fido? Drazoth and his friends are on the way? Wonderful! The knights are great and powerful, but when the Seeing Eye brings out the metaphorical big crossbows... I will meet with him at once! But alas, I have no time to write now, I will detail our talks later. All that matters is what he did. (OOC: if you mind the following Drazoth or anyone, I can edit it out! Just improvising.  :) ) Drazoth and his minions pulled some strings, gave me a new identity and installed me in office! I got out of Haven, the whole place is a battle ground. And well, from my shiny new office, I can rule the world.

26th Limestone, 1071, Early Autumn

Alright! I have access to all of the files of Doomforests, man, it is amazing how the pitiful Dwarven bureaucracy manages to run this place. Time to take a look an-what!? Wait what!?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
NO thats not... Wait. Wait, no. I am in Zureks body! I forget sometimes. But wow, Miss Taupe III is Zureks Mom? The more you know. Anyway! I have important matters to attend to! Good lord I have been secluded in the caverns and in Haven for a long time. Doomforests is in absolute disarray! Well first I must set a plan.

First: catch and breed more Crundles, Dwarves are too incompetent and enhanced Crundles, well most Crundles, are loyal to the Mechatechno Sect
Second: catch and breed other exotic animals
Third: defend the fortress more with significant application of stone fall, pit fall, and animal traps

There. That works! Time to do some work!

OOC: Hey guys! Did you like it?  :D It was more of an intro, I will get to actually playing just after I post this :) Oh and here is the Mechatechno Sect thingy

Cult name: The Mechatechno Sect
Leader: TechnoXan (Although now in Zureks body aka TechnoXan II)
Alignment: Good? Mostly independent, focused on self gain, and Crundles...

Description: The Mechatechno sect is ages old carried down by great engineers and their apprentices. Dedicated to science, machines, and Crundles. Nature is important to the sect, but only to exploit and use. We aren't stinking Elves after all. Crundles have been discovered as hyper intelligent and are now fully devoted to the cause. The creatures are incredible in their ability to advance through years of social practices in mere weeks. The caverns are the holy grail to the sect. Home to native Crundles as well as magma, steam geysers, other exotic animals, ores, and perfect architectural opportunities. The caverns are paramount in the Mecha plans and must be protected at all costs. The sect always wins. Their is no way to stop the unending tide of science and progress.

Quotes:

TechnoXan. TechnoXan would drive a crundle to vandalism. - Taupe

Necromantic cults practicing evil magic! Vampire worshippers and... Another one, I don't really know what they do apart for venturing into the deeps and scaring the crundles away, for they are irrelevant, but that doesn't make them less evil! - Mate 888
By the by, if your wondering why I use so many smiley faces, its because I smile a lot when I talk. So I use them here so I don't come off the wrong way.

And so it begins...
OPEN THE GATES!

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2016, 06:39:06 pm »

Nice start, and they said the fort was dead pttf.

I'll add the Sect to the list of Official Cults.
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2016, 08:16:43 pm »

I can't wait until FBs kill all the stupid crundles and we can get over this.

TechnoXan

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundles + Kobolds = AWESOME!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2016, 09:04:00 pm »

I can't wait until FBs kill all the stupid crundles and we can get over this.
*Gasp!* You monster! the Crundles will prevail! Oh and update coming tomorrow, I have played up to 5th of Sandstone, but time will pass quickly. I had to set up a lot of stuff.  ;D
By the by, if your wondering why I use so many smiley faces, its because I smile a lot when I talk. So I use them here so I don't come off the wrong way.

And so it begins...
OPEN THE GATES!

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2016, 10:11:23 pm »

Nice

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2016, 09:34:19 am »

The Sect is added, and I added Alignments to the Cults, you guys should peek at them. And could you guys PM me your Cult Colors and If you guys to make a Symbol for your cult... just an idea, you don't have to if you don't want to

If you wish to correct me, PM me the Alignment you want.

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2016, 11:04:35 am »

D3 and the butlers looked on as crundles were slaughtered left right and center.  Things were going according to plan, as far as this had been planned at any rate.  Once the group of bone constructs had finished their bloody work, they looked to their creator for further instruction.

"Good, it seems their time in storage has not affected in the slightest.  Here's what we do.  Kronk, you take the third on the left, Han you take the third on the right.  I'll take the remaining third with me.  You two split up and hunt down any rouge crundles you find.  Knowing this fort's history with magic, it would be best if you weren't recognized.  I'll head straight for TechnoXan.  If we loose him, it may be difficult to influence whomever succeeds him."

The butlers nod and Kronk pulls a out a large hood from his pocket and puts it on, covering his face.  Hans simply focuses for a brief moment, then his face distorts slightly.  It is still recognizable as a dwarf, but no one would know who.  Just after he does this, Hans looks to D3 and asks him "Did you feel that as well sir?"

"Yes, I did.  It seems we've got some new players in DoomForests.  Once we are done here, we should go and have a little chat with them.  From the energies I just sensed, it seems to be two different groups.  This should be interesting...."
Welcome to Doomforests, please, choose a cult of your liking or head to the overseers office to register your own cult. Religious freedom is pride of this fortress!

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2016, 01:09:40 pm »

Imic walked around for a bit. The dreams had gone, gadrok had begun to research soap and it's magical properties, and armok had forsaken the city. He was walking along, when...
Imic! Come quickly!
It was Gadrok.
I have found something out about soap! Come quickly!
Imic suddenly found himself pulled into Gadrok's room.
Inside was a huge machine, made of steel, with knobs and levers and gears and everything.
It looks... Nice? Said Imic.
Yes, but see here...
Gadrok pulled a lever. Then pressed a button. Steam came out of it, and some coal fell out the side. Two more levers were pulled, and five buttons were pushed.
Then it came to life.
Liquid soap formed an oval in the center of the room, and suddenly, BOOM!
He could see something through the soap.
Is that?... Started Imic
Yes, replied Gadrok. A portal to another dimension. Right on this site, albeit a bit far up, in another dimension. Beyond the portal of soap was a tower. At the top was a gigantic bell, with dwarves scurrying around it like ants.
That, my dear cousin Imic, is constructivory. Another version of doomforests, in another reality entirely.
WoooooooooooooOoooooooooow.... Said imic.
And here... He pushed some buttons, is breadbowl. A farm appeared in the portal.
And this... Is boatmurdered. A fire burned below the clean portal.
Also, this is... Clobbermountains! A mountain range surrounded by banshees appeared. The banshees started to scream.
Mooooving on... The screams were cut off, and the portal fell apart.
Yes, it's run out of energy... Oh well! Still amazing though... I-
They suddenly became aware that the three copies of the blueprints were missing.
Um... At... Least... I made copies?!
Then they became aware that no less then five sets of eyes were watching them. They instantly realised the owners. One pair was Drazoth's, they couldn't make out the other three, and the last one was a member of the order of the black arrow. The eyes followed imic and gadrok's gazes and realised each others existance. They all scattered.
... Oops?

(OOC) Whoever wants to claim the other eyes can do so, first come first served. I just felt that Drazoth would definately be there.

THE PLOT THICKENS
SOAP
STRAWBERRIES
AND STUFF
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2016, 01:51:44 pm »

Aaaand... Just like that the RPing starts anew

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2016, 01:57:14 pm »

(I requested dorfing, dorf me >_>)

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2016, 03:03:20 pm »

in a (mostly) sealed room, the paladins were having a meeting.
This is bad. Our secret project has been intruded upon by... others.
"you said that it could go anywhere..."
"in all of space and time." Gadrok answered.
"in every fortress ever built on this site... in all of all the multiverses."
"yes. Not just the places i showed you, but anywhere at anytime."
"this is bad"
"very bad"
a robed figure walked away from the door
i thought you locked it!
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2016, 03:40:07 pm »

D3 strolled through the caverns, watching renegade crundles get destroyed by the constructs, while he killed any that somehow got close to him. Eventually he reached TechnoXan's hideout. After assuring that he was evacuated safely, D3 decided to install him as the overseer, as whomever was holding the post seemed to have gotten bored and wandered off. There was only one condition to this. TechnoXan had to continue the work on the Chalice of Armok.

After that was settled, he met up with Kronk and Hans and put the constructs back in storage, and the three went to go meet with the organizations in the fort. They found a room where D3 knew one of the groups was. They hid in the shadows and watched the two inside fiddle with some machine. Another two joined them. The machine activated, and a portal opened. D3 thought to himself "Dark One, is that you my old friend? What are you up to?". There was no mistaking that energy signature. The other two shadows grabbed what appeared to be copies of the machine's plans. He looked to Hans, who had already taken the liberty of taking a copy for them. Once the portal had finished cycling through locations, the the two attending it turned around, and after recognizing D3 and another, the two fled. After they were gone, D3 turned to the others, and said "Well, now that they're gone, care to introduce your selves? Allow me to start, I am D3."
Welcome to Doomforests, please, choose a cult of your liking or head to the overseers office to register your own cult. Religious freedom is pride of this fortress!

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2016, 04:12:21 pm »

[OOC] Well, I'm going to continue the Gogol stories so let's add another cult to the list.

Spoiler: The Inches of Torment (click to show/hide)

Journal of Dark Two

Klan-Master ran into caverns and saw three figures, conjuring up army of undead. His ring was almost resonating, clearly showing that Dark One's energies were at work there. In one of the dwarves, he recognised Drazoth the Third. Perhaps this is why he made the necromancer-god his puppet in the past - to get even greater powers, to rule Doomforests and it's energies. Undead quickly took care of rampaging crundles. Suddenly Dark Two's amulet started glowing. For some reason, he know that he must go to one of the hidden chambers of the fortress. He reached the spot quickly and saw two shadows standing close to what seemed like a soap-powered machine. In a bright flash many random places showed up to them, then the darkness returned. Shadows took something similar to blueprints, turned around and escaped from something. This was a right moment for Dark Two to run away as well.

Meanwhile in place beyond time and space

Void. Not a usual void - it looks like the space has no dimensions here, as if the nonexistence condensed here in a pure form. Two seemingly shapeless figures talk.

- You have come... - Dark One wasn't surprised with this visit.

- Nicely done, Dark One. The chaos in Doomforests is just delightful! - said Gogol.

- The first part of the plan is completed. Soon Klan-Master would be ready.

- Excellent! What about the conspiracy? - Gogol was curious of Dark One's plans.

- In the right place, at the right time. As planned, I didn't masked my energies...

They continue onward, floating in unusuall nothingness and talking about next steps of their plan.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 52