Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 52

Author Topic: The End of Doomforests: The Final Turn that Never came  (Read 90030 times)

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
Re: The Final Doom of Doomforest: The Calm Before the Storm
« Reply #300 on: May 30, 2016, 12:33:44 pm »

Nsburg?
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: May 30, 2016, 12:58:51 pm »

OOC: Google it. 

After wandering around for a bit, walking past strange metal boxes that the local humans rode for transport, D3 entered what appeared to be the local tavern.  After acquiring some rum and playing a game involving poking balls with a stick, D3 asked about the voices he was hearing.  It seemed to be two men conversing and discussing news, and the other patrons were reacting to it, so it didn't seem like a hallucination.  After finding out that it was some kind of transmission, D3 quickly found and bought a device to listen from.  It seemed that this was a largely normal town, aside from the strange technology and the astounding stupidity of the inhabitants.  The the voices mentioned "Historic Rum Tunnels" beneath the city, so D3 paid them a visit. 

Later, once the tour was done and they cut of D3 from the rum, he decided to return to DoomForests with his findings.  Once back he slept and prepared for the last trip.  Once again he stepped through the portal.  This time he was in a desert, near a settlement similar to the last one.  He turned on the device, and once it picked up the news setting, he began walking.
Welcome to Doomforests, please, choose a cult of your liking or head to the overseers office to register your own cult. Religious freedom is pride of this fortress!

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: May 30, 2016, 02:09:32 pm »

As Ryukan passed through yet another portal, he came face to face with a wall of white. A tiered city of white stone rising 600 feet above the ground, hugging the edge of a mountain range.

He enter the strange city, and inquired of a library, and he was shown to an extensive building, the Library.

After hours of reading, he had what he came for, he summoned a portal and went on to another world. That night, the librarians came and found a book lying open on the desk. He picked it up, "Of snails and Goats: A sommoner's Guide". The librarian scoffed and returned the book, not sparing a second thought.
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: May 30, 2016, 02:58:15 pm »

As Ryukan passed through yet another portal, he came face to face with a wall of white. A tiered city of white stone rising 600 feet above the ground, hugging the edge of a mountain range.

He enter the strange city, and inquired of a library, and he was shown to an extensive building, the Library.

After hours of reading, he had what he came for, he summoned a portal and went on to another world. That night, the librarians came and found a book lying open on the desk. He picked it up, "Of snails and Goats: A sommoner's Guide". The librarian scoffed and returned the book, not sparing a second thought.
Someone's gone to minas tirith, eh?
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: May 31, 2016, 10:43:31 am »

Journal of Dark Two

*Dark Two entered his dark chambers. He took his tinderbox, releasing a short lived violent flash of light and igniting a few slow burning candles. In their dim glow, he put his armor on a stand, then left his sword in weapon rack and turned to wardrobe. Klan-Master thrown off his shoes, trousers, shirt - all dirty and soaked with alcohol after whole day of brewing work. Then he put on nightly clothes and fallen into his bed, thinking.*

Clueless... they fell for the wonders of other realms, for unimaginable power of traversing other planes of physical and metaphysical reality. They fell for the ethereal might of teleportation. Clueless... stepping into their glowing portals of soap and steel. Getting across their curiosity and heading straight towards their doom, leaving their unwary souls behind. Clueless... blindly going ever onward. Poison striking for their minds, devastating arteries of their free will. They move on, going straight into our hands...

... and we weill rip flesh off their bones... tear their skin, strech it and make it screeching...

COR'SHAEL'A ETH XIORALE!

*His thoughts end abruptly with a shout, then he falls asleep.*

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: May 31, 2016, 02:04:47 pm »

A shout ran out through the fortress, though no-one could tell where it came from...
CAC! A! DEABHAL OOOOOOOORT!
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Sacasco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: June 01, 2016, 06:12:27 am »

In the interests of things moving in-game in the not-too-distant future, may I ask whether I'm correct in believing from the turn list that it is Ryukan's turn? And whether (assuming I'm right) they know it is?
Not that the role-play isn't fun, of course; it's just that I think things should be moving if at all possible...

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: June 01, 2016, 08:13:09 am »

arrow head Ryukan! Get here now!
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: June 01, 2016, 08:15:29 am »

I pass the save to the next person, I'm in the middle of two games right now

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: June 01, 2016, 08:30:26 am »

I'm next.
Expect an update soon. Until then, panic.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: June 01, 2016, 06:11:47 pm »

I'm next.
Expect an update soon. Until then, panic.

*The Order is sadly unable to panic due to a notable absence of Order Assets in Doomforest*

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #311 on: June 01, 2016, 06:30:26 pm »

Strawberries shall be grown in hell before this fortress falls.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #312 on: June 01, 2016, 08:01:13 pm »

I'll take a turn and a dorf. Not sure how much I'll RP, but I read most of this thread and I'm interested.
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: June 01, 2016, 08:05:06 pm »

Strawberries shall be grown in hell before this fortress falls.
Well, if nobody fucks up the checkerboard, it's possible.

I'll take a turn and a dorf. Not sure how much I'll RP, but I read most of this thread and I'm interested.
THE COMMANDER OF DEATHGATE HIMSELF! WELCOME ABOARD!

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #314 on: June 01, 2016, 08:18:51 pm »

THE COMMANDER OF DEATHGATE HIMSELF! WELCOME ABOARD!

IT'S THE 52ND FLAME! THE ONE PERSON WHO MIGHT CHALLENGE MY MILITARY MIGHT ON THESE FORUMS!

(congrats on checkboarding Hell. Course dealing with the initial clown car is the easy part of hell colonization. I mean, if we successfully did it in Deathgate ...)

EDIT: I remember when the clowns used to be scary :/
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 08:20:35 pm by NCommander »
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 52