Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 52

Author Topic: The End of Doomforests: The Final Turn that Never came  (Read 91519 times)

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
Re: The Final Doom of Doomforest: The Calm Before the Storm
« Reply #315 on: June 01, 2016, 09:33:35 pm »

Will add "Veterans of Deathgate" to the list o' cults
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #316 on: June 01, 2016, 09:54:41 pm »

Will add "Veterans of Deathgate" to the list o' cults

Well, the correct summoning ritual was invoked.

0. Play a bloodline game
1. Crack open hell
2. Beat the clown car
3. Wait

EDIT: Of course you managed to get the traitor who's character canonically left Deathgate out of horror and not one of the madmen who burnt alive in that thing.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 10:00:30 pm by NCommander »
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: June 02, 2016, 03:15:08 am »

I'll take a turn and a dorf. Not sure how much I'll RP, but I read most of this thread and I'm interested.
YOU CAN GO BEFORE ME. AKA NOW.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #318 on: June 02, 2016, 04:28:23 am »

Strawberries shall be grown in hell before this fortress falls.
Well, if nobody fucks up the checkerboard, it's possible.
You are aware that requires punching a hole through the roof of hell?
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #319 on: June 02, 2016, 08:01:47 am »

I'll take a turn and a dorf. Not sure how much I'll RP, but I read most of this thread and I'm interested.

What? Seriously?

I started an A roleplay for Clobbermountains which I might have done thematically similar for the Doomforest. I can take the turn now and put that on hold for the time being. If you're sure, PM me the save, and I'll get going. I'll try and get it turned in a week. I do want to test a style of RP I did before, but I haven't read through this thread or the history yet. I thought I'd have more time >.<.
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: June 02, 2016, 08:36:25 am »

What? Seriously?

I started an A roleplay for Clobbermountains which I might have done thematically similar for the Doomforest. I can take the turn now and put that on hold for the time being. If you're sure, PM me the save, and I'll get going. I'll try and get it turned in a week. I do want to test a style of RP I did before, but I haven't read through this thread or the history yet. I thought I'd have more time >.<.
I am going last, which is when we're jettisoning the fort. And I'm going to have to try and save as many people as i can, but it will die. So, since you want a turn, you kind hafta go now.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #321 on: June 02, 2016, 08:40:32 am »

What? Seriously?

I am going last, which is when we're jettisoning the fort. And I'm going to have to try and save as many people as i can, but it will die. So, since you want a turn, you kind hafta go now.

Welp. Downloading. I'm completely fried so I don't know if we'll get an update today.

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #322 on: June 02, 2016, 09:48:26 am »

3rd of Granite, 1074

In the void between worlds, there has been a whisper of a place far holy than Doomforest. A place that is only spoken in hushed whispers and fear. We know it as Rashinod Okbodgeshud. Other, less civilized minded people called it Deathgate. No matter its name, of those of us who have seen it in our dreams know that this place and that place are linked by one common thread.

Hell

For any fortress who is lead by succession and has touched the most holy of places must remember those who came before, and those will come after. The whispers tell that of those who founded our order didn't pass onto the next plane but travel the infinite realms to bring their blessings.

We know of some of these places, and their hallowed name was written in the book: Murdermachines, and Slaughterhelm.

The Old Ones sealed our salvation from us under the most accursed of metals, adaminite, and barred the path toThe One True God. Throughout the ages, we have looked and studied. We have prostrated and prayed. We have waited and listened. And finally, we have been answered: one among us has been granted a vision, and has seen what came before, what must be done, and what silence may. He has laid the path that this order must take before the Spring blossoms again.

In the vision, he saw  that the 52 flames must light our way. For in the land of Rashinod Okbodgeshud, there was one who came from a land known as Aussie. This Aussie dwarf foresaw the trials that would lay ahead, and designed a device that would allow us to prove our worth. Known only as "The Checkboard", it would allow us to part the guards the Old Ones left to bar the way to the holy land. The 52 flames would breach the adaminite, and we could see the face of Hell itself.

Such it was prophesied, such it has passed.

We have seen that our end is surely at hand, and for The One True God to accept us into His embrace, we must prove our worth, and touch the Holy Land itself. This is our final test for these mortal shells.

We know that an avatar of Rashinod Okbodgeshud will come to this place once we have passed. This avatar will our judge, our jury, and either our salvation, or our executioner. So it has been foreseen, so it will happen.

We are the walkers of the one true path.

We are the penultimate guides of Doomforest.

We are alpha and omega.

We are the Veterans of Deathgate.

---

Journal of Id "NCommander" Matulcog Italnis Gesis
3rd of Granite 1174
===

Fuck ...

OOC: Note the date on Id's journal entry.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 10:16:59 am by NCommander »

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #323 on: June 02, 2016, 10:57:02 am »

Pls dont kill me. Was I redorfed? if not, mechanic pls and give them my big rooms.

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #324 on: June 02, 2016, 10:59:12 am »

Pls dont kill me. Was I redorfed? if not, mechanic pls and give them my big rooms.

You were. Not sure if you have you room or not though (holdings lists "Modest Quarters")

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #325 on: June 02, 2016, 11:42:15 am »

DoI have a large recat6ngular room witha siege workshop? It is near the lava vent.

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: June 02, 2016, 02:25:03 pm »

Good.  Just so you know, I did build the Doom Lever, bu didn't manage to hook it up to anything.  Anyway back to the RP:

D3 walked the streets of this small desert community, listening to the voice in the box.  It was a male voice, deep and smooth, like the father he never knew.  The man spoke of strange happenings and conspiracies as if they were commonplace.  D3 noted as he walked that he was being followed and watched.  Eyes peered out from bushes or the leaves of trees, and he heard the sound of notes being scribbled on paper.  As he went, choosing direction more or less at random, he kept seeing odd figures.  People, skin ashen, faces expressionless, eyes unfocused.  While normally D3 would assume them to be ill, there were far too many about for it to be that.  They all stood motionless, aside from the movements of their chests as they breathed.  Unnerved, he began to walk faster.  Along the way he passed by a young couple walking their dog, acting as if the unmoving strangers were normal, even as the voice from the box described them in a nervous tone.  Eventually, D3 knew what it was about those motionless people that scared him.  It was their energy.  It was very similar to the energies he felt in DoomForests.  The energy of Hell itself.  Quickly, he opened the portal and returned to his office, shaking. 

'Is that what the Dark One plans on doing?  No, that's not his style.'  he thought to himself.  He then sat at his desk and began drinking.  For after he had passed that couple and their dog, a question had been burning in his mind.  It was inane, and he could not fathom why he was thinking it, nor why it burned a his mind so.  Eventually, he was able to purge that aberrant thought from his mind, and focus on the task at hand, even though by now it was likely too late.....
Welcome to Doomforests, please, choose a cult of your liking or head to the overseers office to register your own cult. Religious freedom is pride of this fortress!

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #327 on: June 02, 2016, 08:42:06 pm »

Ok, I've started playing vs. just doing a story. The fort is running at 6 FPS, but I'm going to try and have an update daily. I hope. As a note, the adventure sequences are being doing with DFHack in a copy of the save; I don't have the energy to run two adventures at once ATM.

EDIT: and found out the checkerboard is broken due to obsidian floors that didn't get mined out. I can't reset it without removing all the grates. So much for that plan.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 09:26:45 pm by NCommander »

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #328 on: June 02, 2016, 10:25:26 pm »

Almost done with the first month. We have dead elfs, a !!spearmaster!!, a good section of cavern two is on fire, and depressed axelords. Will finish the month and get an update posted

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #329 on: June 03, 2016, 12:48:25 am »

The Guide's Orders
Veterans of Deathgate
10 of Granite 1074

---
Before the Judgement, there is much work to be done.

The nobles of Doomforest have felt the call of Hell, and have mandated the construction of armor to guide us on our way.

This was of course immediately dispatched to forges for completion.

Within the caves below, three beasts of forgotten times have laid dormant. If we are to win against the demons and devils, and storm the holy land, these must be dispatched. Miners have been dispatched to dig paths to the beasts so the Knights Templar may fulfill their duty.

The flood caused by their previous attack has mostly drained into the cavern.

As the miners dig towards victory, Our attention now turns to the demons below. The Checkerboard has thinned their numbers, and so we must begin another game.

First, as written in the book of the Aussie, the lever must be pulled.

The pieces begin to move and find their home upon the board.

It was at this point we've discovered those who do not believe have sabotaged us. The demon seal has been destroyed, preventing the board from being sealed.

Fortunately, a quick thinking engineer has saved Our plans. A small amount of magma had pooled where the demon seal once stood. Although it goes against the order of things, by allowing Blue to play first, the board will be resealed.

-----
Journal of Id "NCommander" Matulcog Italnis Gesis
3 of Granite 1174

I've got to be honest, I'm more than a little creeped out. Ever since I left Deathgate all those years ago, I've been drawn to places like Doomforest. Places where Hell has come.

In my travels across the infinite realms, I've been to some horrible places. Deathgate, Clobbermountains, and Swordthunders immediately come to mind. All places that for one reason or another could not leave well enough alone.

Usually, I find demons roaming the halls, death in the air, and blood on the walls. Not here.

All I found here is an air of abandon, and some rust. Well, except that head lying on the ground by the entrance. Damn thing creeps me out, its eyes keep following me.

But everyone else? Well, its like everyone just packed up and left ...

Perhaps I will find more deeper down, but I can't help but have a bad feeling about this.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 52