Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 52

Author Topic: The End of Doomforests: The Final Turn that Never came  (Read 91137 times)

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
Re: The Ordering of Doomforest: Ryukan's Take-over
« Reply #570 on: June 27, 2016, 09:01:35 am »

Doomforests... where you don't have to go looking for the doom, because it's already looking for you.
True dat.

Any who, would y'all like an update tonight or a big one Thursday? I have pics and a draft ready. This game crawls!
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #571 on: June 27, 2016, 10:20:29 am »

Ryukan slashs the framerate with his goblin bone pike. The part goes flying off in an arc!
Framerate has been struck down!
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: June 27, 2016, 10:47:54 am »

Ryukan slashs the framerate with his goblin bone pike. The part goes flying off in an arc!
Framerate has been struck down!

Elfbone dude, Elfbone

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: June 27, 2016, 03:22:04 pm »

TERRY YOU FUCKER I WILL SMITE YOU SO HARD

I TOLD YOU TO QUIT AFFECTING THE REAL WORLD

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
Re: The Cleansing of Doomforests: The War of the Cults
« Reply #574 on: June 29, 2016, 11:07:26 am »

As Smunstu ordered the final preparations for his new palace, A hooded figure walked the shadows of Lower Doomforests.

----------------------------

"I know you are here D8" The Hooded figure spoke in an almost unperceivable whisper.

A figure stepped out from behind a pillar of natural stone, "Why am I here Ryukan? My presence is not yet made aware here in this Hellhole and you almost blew it with that messenger!"

"I came to present a gift dear sir," Ryukan spoke as he drew out a long object wrapped in cloth.

"What are you doing?" D8 said in dawning apprehension, "You know what will happen if you do this! You can not expect to make it out alive."

"The funny thing is, D8" Ryukan said in as snide a tone as a whisper would allow "I'm already dead."

Before D8 could turn to run or even blink, the adamantine knife was through the air and into his skull. The last thing in his head before he died, besides the knife, was how could he not have seen this. Mother taught him better than this.

As the body of D8 slipped to the ground the hooded figure of Ryukan chuckled to himself. It would take at least half a week before either the body was found or "mother" stopped receiving updates.

Ryukan walked back to the shadowy depths and left the area as quite as it had been before.

--------------------------------------

Up above the Citadel was nearing completion.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: June 29, 2016, 12:12:00 pm »

On another planet, in another universe, Imic Greymane, nephew of Gordak Greymane (lord of Greymane keep),ran up an ancient set of stairs. Behind him, the lights of an ancient city, older then time itself, started to dwindle and fade. The bay of Dahrans wrath glottered in the moonlight. He ran to the doors of Castle Undarak, and wrenched them open. Beyond them was a huge hall, with helmeted guards standing tall against the flames from migically lit lights. Ahead of him was another set of doors. He went through.
Suddenly, the quiet atmosphere of the main hall vanished, immediately replaced by the unique sound of arguing poloticians.
'QUIET'
Imic's cry instantly filled the hall, drowning out the noise. Suddenly, everyone was quiet.
At the end of the hall stood matriarch Gwendolyn. She had instinctively raised her long handed axe, which she put down upon seeing who it was.
'Ah, Imic' she said. 'How is your esteemed uncle these days, may I ask?'
'Troubled' replyed Imic. 'After the business with the giant spider, things went down hill in doomforests. As you know, I was "killed". I, of course, made it out of the shadow realm, and got to Greymane Keep, but I was messaged by Gardrok, who told me that strange cultists were attempting to activate the portal.' Imic took a deep breath. He had talked way too fast.
'Hmmm... And how is... Tou know...'
'Code red.'
'Oh no- JHIL!!!'
Gwendolyn's twin brother, king jhil, walked out from nowhere in particular almos immediately.
'What is i-'
'The you-know-what is code red.'

That night, the slow sleep of the ancient city of Undarak was disturbed by the marching of troops, the readying of ships, the arming of tanks, and the ringing of alarm bells. It had begun.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #576 on: June 29, 2016, 12:51:55 pm »

I've been told to come and kill this place. I'm not sure why, only I was summoned.

I shall require a dragon.
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: June 29, 2016, 12:57:38 pm »

I've been told to come and kill this place. I'm not sure why, only I was summoned.

I shall require a dragon.
WHO SUMMONED YOU?
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #578 on: June 29, 2016, 01:24:44 pm »

Not me.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #579 on: June 29, 2016, 01:37:33 pm »

WHO SUMMONED YOU?

I know him as the one who walks in darkness. You know him as The Bearded Man.

Doomforests will meet its end. For this I promise.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: June 29, 2016, 01:38:34 pm »

Not me.
:o
 ???
 :-\
 ::)
 :P
WHO SUMMONED YOU?

I know him as the one who walks in darkness. You know him as The Bearded Man.

Doomforests will meet its end. For this I promise.
😱
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #581 on: June 29, 2016, 01:41:47 pm »

The battlelines have been drawn. The cults arm themselves. Loyalties will be decided. A dragon shall descend.

Doomforests cancels Peace and Stability: Starting Loyalty Cascade

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: June 29, 2016, 01:50:23 pm »

D3 walked down to the caverns.  He had a set of bound documents in his hand, his report for mother.  Along the way he began to feel queasy, a feeling he only got if something had gone horribly wrong, or when he mixed rum and gin together.  He knew it wasn't the later, he had yet to forget what happened last time he did that.  He ran.

He arrived, and his brother greeted him with a burble as blood seeped out from his mouth.
"What happened to you?  Who did this?"
"R...Ryukan did this...."  He burbled a bit and finally died.

Calmly D3 dug a small hole and buried his brother.  He then pulled out Dark One's gift and activated it.  Soon the cavern was populated with inactive constructs of varying designs.  Checking a small crystal orb, he confirmed that one of the spy constructs was indeed planted in the Black Arrow's base.  Muttering a word of command the spy began letting out a subtle magical signal.  With another word, the constructs sprang to life and began what can only be called marching towards their destination.

"Well, if it's a war you want Ryukan, it's a war you'll get.  Have !!FUN!!"  After a few peals of maniacal laughter D3 returned to his office, made himself a cup of tea, poured a generous shot of rum into it and waited.
Welcome to Doomforests, please, choose a cult of your liking or head to the overseers office to register your own cult. Religious freedom is pride of this fortress!

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #583 on: June 29, 2016, 01:57:49 pm »

OOC: Honestly, I want to take the save, DFHack everyone into factions, and let a fortress wide loyalty cascade kick off between the cults. Last cult standing wins.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: June 29, 2016, 02:05:33 pm »

First, i want a turn. I have wanted to have a flipping turn since the moment i got an account on this forum. I got an account here becouse... Doomforests!
So... I would like one last  turn while the Undarak try to help the poor sods of doomforests.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 52