Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 52

Author Topic: The End of Doomforests: The Final Turn that Never came  (Read 90019 times)

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
The End of Doomforests: The Final Turn that Never came
« on: March 14, 2016, 09:11:09 pm »

The cry of the cold wind warns us of the presumed torment which is to come as we trudge through this sparse forest. It's damned cold this time of year, and the trees offer little protection from the winds.
Stripmining has left the mountainhomes empty. Our expedition of seven is expected to uncover vast mineral deposits and establish a mining outpost in a land beset on all sides by goblins, elves and humans.
The frozen over brook which ends in a waterfall atop a high cliff is a telltale sign. I turn to Urist and tell him to stop the caravan.
This must be it, we have reached Doomforests.
I hear a distant screech.

Armok have mercy on our souls.
The Continuation of the Saga of Doomforest

Come join the convoluted mess that is Doomforest. When this fortress was started back in 2014, no one would even guess that it would be going "strong" well into 2016. Complete with Goblin Overlords, Vampiric Doomsday Sects, Soap, Forgotten Snails, Soap, Another Forgotten Snail, Soap, Cults, more Cults, Evil Demonic Beings, Soap, A colony of forgotten dwarves founded by a Were-Lizard, Soap, and a noticeable lack of Strawberries. And soap.

Due to some unexpected complications within the last thread, including but not limited to, the threads owner going AWOL, I was tasked with the construction of this new thread.

Rules
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Player List

Archive (Under Construction)

Official List of Current Cults

The Doomforest Paladinial Order

The Ministry

The Mechatechno Sect

The Order of the Ale

The Order of the Black Arrow

The Inches of Torment

The Strawberry Association

The Veterans of Deathgate

Hall of Quotes

Now, the Continuation of the unnatural abomination that is Doomforest.

Abandon All Hope, Ye Dorfs Who Read This Here...
« Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 11:44:34 pm by TheImmortalRyukan »
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
Re: The Telling of Doomforest: A History of Cults and Soap
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2016, 02:23:54 am »

YaY!!  strawberries shall  be had!
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2016, 04:10:01 am »

sorry, ignore this post.
But now that it's here, SOAP!!!
HANG ON, I'm not on the turn list.
*loads bazooka*
Pu. Me. On. NOOOOOOOWWWW.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 11:00:13 am by Imic »
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2016, 09:47:14 am »

Why do I feel dread when my name trails behind Gwolfski in the list?
Sanctume was once caught up in the latest in the web of intrigues and conspiracy, but now tangled and lost in confusion. 

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2016, 11:36:50 am »

sorry, ignore this post.
*loads bazooka*

Ooops, I'll fix it once I'm home

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2016, 12:25:36 pm »

sorry, ignore this post.
*loads bazooka*

Ooops, I'll fix it once I'm home
You'd better
*continues to load bazooka*
Can it even fit this many nukes, i wonder...?
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2016, 03:47:41 pm »

PTW

NorkasAradel

• Bay Watcher
  • FUCK
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2016, 08:00:45 pm »

i know next to nothing about this fort and i suck at this game
can i have a turn?
Quote from: Announcement Screen
Kasat Osmandonu, Ghostly Human Bard has risen and is haunting the fortress!
At least his moaning and chain rattling will be in key and hopefully entertaining.

Kadian

• Bay Watcher
  • Dragon (Semi-wild)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2016, 08:31:35 pm »

i know next to nothing about this fort and i suck at this game
can i have a turn?

Sounds like there will be great fun in your turn! You only need to know one thing: Soap is for Doomforest what Mugs was for Spearbreakers. It's literally everywhere, and damn, people dorfs use it all the time to seal or build stuff 8)
With that said, why isn't there a Cult of Soap?

With that out of the way: You need a Dorfing list! And put me on:
Name: Mihr
Profession: Military Dwarf (preferred Sword or Spear) or Smith (preferred Weapon and/or Armor)
Custom profession name: Clumsy Weapon Master/Mistress (I totally expect to loose something in a fight - i sure hope it won't be my life :P)

Sacasco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2016, 05:39:51 pm »

When it comes to cults, wasn't there... something about crundles? I've lost track.

Ah, yes, TechnoXan. I feel there's a summary of that cult somewhere in the depths of the old thread, but am unable to find it. Still, his turn next (possibly) and I shudder to think what may happen.
Sounds like there will be great fun in your turn! You only need to know one thing: Soap is for Doomforest what Mugs was for Spearbreakers. It's literally everywhere, and damn, people dorfs use it all the time to seal or build stuff 8)
Well, the way I see it, there isn't a cult of Soap for the same reason most forts don't have a cult of Armok. Even we only have a cult(s (maybe, like I said I've lost track. I think we have more than one)) of Armok because we have enough other weird ones that not everyone follows Armok. There is, however, no-one in this fort who doubts the power of Soap. If anyone disagrees (which they won't, of course), I will throw soapstone at them until they no longer do.
Hang on, have I just formed a cult of Soap? I might have. This is not a problem.

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2016, 05:57:44 pm »

Is dorfing allowed? if so, dorf me as a male dorf

TechnoXan

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundles + Kobolds = AWESOME!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2016, 06:38:36 pm »

When it comes to cults, wasn't there... something about crundles? I've lost track.

Ah, yes, TechnoXan. I feel there's a summary of that cult somewhere in the depths of the old thread, but am unable to find it. Still, his turn next (possibly) and I shudder to think what may happen.
Well, the way I see it, there isn't a cult of Soap for the same reason most forts don't have a cult of Armok. Even we only have a cult(s (maybe, like I said I've lost track. I think we have more than one)) of Armok because we have enough other weird ones that not everyone follows Armok. There is, however, no-one in this fort who doubts the power of Soap. If anyone disagrees (which they won't, of course), I will throw soapstone at them until they no longer do.
Hang on, have I just formed a cult of Soap? I might have. This is not a problem.

There is a summery of the Mechatechno Sect on the front page under a spoiler, but I will edit it in later today. And about the turn, I may be able to, but I think I may have to hand it off early, if that proves to be a problem then that's ok. But if the fort ever stagnates, Armok forbid, I can step in.   :D
By the by, if your wondering why I use so many smiley faces, its because I smile a lot when I talk. So I use them here so I don't come off the wrong way.

And so it begins...
OPEN THE GATES!

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2016, 06:44:13 pm »

There is a summery of the Mechatechno Sect on the front page under a spoiler, but I will edit it in later today. And about the turn, I may be able to, but I think I may have to hand it off early, if that proves to be a problem then that's ok. But if the fort ever stagnates, Armok forbid, I can step in.   :D

Mr. TecnoXan, since jwoodward seems uninclined to finish his turn, I invoke Da Rules and it is by right, your turn... Armok save us all...

I'm only doing this to jump start the fort's new thread, so if jwoodward comes back... Sorry
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 06:45:48 pm by TheImmortalRyukan »

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2016, 06:57:49 pm »

For conspiracies (Not a Cult!) summary, use the one from the old thread's OP.  And I'm pretty sure we already have a soap cult. It's called Psycho's family and the other soapmakers.  I'm sure they'd let you join though.
Welcome to Doomforests, please, choose a cult of your liking or head to the overseers office to register your own cult. Religious freedom is pride of this fortress!

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2016, 07:17:15 pm »

For conspiracies (Not a Cult!) summary, use the one from the old thread's OP.  And I'm pretty sure we already have a soap cult. It's called Psycho's family and the other soapmakers.  I'm sure they'd let you join though.

Yeah I'll PM Angel to get a description of his "family" and their goals.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 52