Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 52

Author Topic: The End of Doomforests: The Final Turn that Never came  (Read 90960 times)

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile

*turns away from Xbox*
Let me have my turn first. Then kill it.

I won't kill it yet then.

Uhhgggg... I'll start booting up a sequel

I can take care of the sequel when the time comes.  I've already got a name and everything!

Redorf me as mechanic, minister of engineering, my spirit must have left its new, secomd host.

Done.  I'll post an image when i do the write up.
Welcome to Doomforests, please, choose a cult of your liking or head to the overseers office to register your own cult. Religious freedom is pride of this fortress!

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile

In Forests of Doom

*Two keas fly high up in the sky and then land on a tall tree, staring at entrance of Doomforests. They screech in unusual manner, as if an ominous forces filled them both*

- Time reverse worked, now conspiracy is ruling. - Dark One screeches out.

- Dwarves already grow anxious of the unknown... Is the Klan-Master ready? - Gogol re-screeches.

- Ready and willing...

- Perfect! Shall we begin? - As Gogol asks, dark thunder clouds gather above them. Sky is emanating with eerie red glow.

*Keas screech in an eldritch dialect*

-As the winds grow strong...

- and the blood gets tainted.

- Conspiracy makes it wrong...

- and his thirst gets sated.

- When the skies turn ablaze...

- and the rock cries.

- It's only the first phase...

- and Doomforests slowly dies.

- Then comes the Armok's rage...

- feared by omniscient sage.

- With beginning of the dark age...

- Scribe of destiny finishes the page.

- COR'SHAEL`A ETH XIORALE!!!

*The keas fly away, leaving a taint upon the forests.*

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile

''You wont survive the resulting tantrum spiral''

That's a challenge if i ever saw one.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!

The one fort i didnt build an emergency bunker...
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile

I think you underestimate the sheer inertia Doomforest has. You think a tantrum spiral will kill even half the fort?

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile

''You wont survive the resulting tantrum spiral''

That's a challenge if i ever saw one.

Have fun with it.

I think you underestimate the sheer inertia Doomforest has. You think a tantrum spiral will kill even half the fort?

No tantrum spiral alone can kill this fort yes.  But one that comes after half the fort as been fire-fucked by demons while the fort floods with magma, might just prove lethal.
Welcome to Doomforests, please, choose a cult of your liking or head to the overseers office to register your own cult. Religious freedom is pride of this fortress!

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile

I already genned the world, so I'll post possible embarks WHEN the fort finally meets its doom... Again

*Please ignore Ryukan and company hurrying out of the fortress via their own portal*
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

PsychoAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • My silliness is our saving grace.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile

Looks like Psycho III's story will never be told. Oh well. Will be happy to join the sequel!

Just you wait, my soap is going to accidentally save us all once again!
Our forward thinking overseer at the time devised a way in which werebeasts can live in peace with other dwarves by utilizing the mysterious magical properties of soap!

Quote from: PsychoAngel on January 19, 2016
Don't worry. I've got extremely volatile exploding fish.
My friends and I say a lot of fun things to each other.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
Re: The Final Doom of Doomforest: The Calm Before the Storm
« Reply #203 on: April 28, 2016, 09:09:56 pm »

There, changed the title, appropriate enough I think
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #204 on: April 29, 2016, 02:46:24 am »

I'll have a chance to have fun!
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 29, 2016, 02:03:58 pm »

Can I at least take my turn first?

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 30, 2016, 03:03:50 pm »

Can I at least take my turn first?
I'm the last person on the turn list. I'll pull the lever.
And surround it with a great big heap of roleplaying. There will be pictures. Full of blood and gore.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 30, 2016, 06:26:07 pm »

Gotcha.

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 01, 2016, 09:51:07 am »

OOC: expect a write up sometime tomorrow. This post is just some rp to tide you all over.

D3 was nervous. Of all times for him to become overseer, it had to be now. Though perhaps some good could from this. He finally arrived in the Old DoomForests dining hall. Inside was the majority of the fort's population. A quick scan of the faces in the crowd told him that they were afraid. He stood atop one of the tables and motioned for silence. After a few moments the crowd stop murmuring and looked to their new overseer.

"People of DoomForests, I know you're worried about the recent temporal anomaly. I understand your fears. However, I must remind you that this is not the first time we have come under threat from mystical forces from outside of our home. And this is not the first that we will triumph over them! I have reason to believe the Dark Ones behind this are the same ones that were behind that necro cult we had years back, and we know how that ended. It selfdestructed from in fighting. If these evil gods can't keep a dozen or so of their minions from turning on each other, what hope have they of actually destroying us?". D3 paused for a moment while the crowd applauded. "With the many strong defenders we have, such as the Order of the Ale, Armok's most Holy Inquisition, amongst others, we can weather any storm our foes throw at us. I shall be working with these groups as much as possible to defeat these petty assholes. I will be sending out orders shortly. Stay strong my friends!". With that D3 gets off the table and headed back to his office. 'Now let's hope I can make good on those promises......'

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 01, 2016, 10:58:16 am »

IT YET LIVES?
Speaking of things that refuse to die, do I or any of the other Mates still live?

Oh, yeah, right, the Inquisition.

Name: Dwarven Inquisition/Holy Inquisition/Armok's Church/Those fucking zealots who keep burning my crundles
Alignment: Lawful nutjob
Leader: His Holiness, Royal Hammerer, Crundleslayer Mate the 892nd (I think that's the designated heir?)

Initially created to kick the vampires out of Doomforests, this organization settled itself up as the fort's majoritary religion. Loyal to the crown, this sect prides itself on the numerous instances of vampire and crundle genocide that took place during their rules.

...Although nowdays they mostly make money by engraving walls, as they in fact have more influence in the engravers of the fort than in the evil cultists that roam around in it.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 01:07:19 pm by mate888 »
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.
Apparently they evolved a taste for everything I love and care about
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 52