Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12

Author Topic: [.47.02 - .47.05] Kobold Kamp (now with 25% more kefir)  (Read 55397 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
[.47.02 - .47.05] Kobold Kamp (now with 25% more kefir)
« on: March 17, 2016, 03:03:55 am »

Yet another take on Kobold Camp? It would've been easier if I'd copy-pasted from more official attempts at KC.

Additional thanks to Flint for a certain idea leading to simple lockbows.

To install this mod:
1. Create a backup of the Raw folder that DF has. Just in case.
2. Replace the unmodded Raw folder with the folder provided alongside this text file.
2a: Alternatively, if you want to use graphics packs, replace the Objects sub-folder, while leaving the Graphics sub-folder untouched.
3. Generate a new world and boom, happy bolding.

Current version for .47.02 - .47.04: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14755

Prior Versions:

Changes from .47.01 Kobold Kamp: Only reason a different version was needed is due to an added entity token, which renders 47.02 raws incompatible with 47.01.

Latest updates as of January 28, 2021: Just a minor raw port over to confirm it all loads up right with 47.05, I haven't really had the chance to think up cool ideas for this one compared to my other mod I've been tinkering with.

Notable features of the mod:
* A take on Kobold Camp that's in-between their development level in-game, and the surface-restricted version as seen in traditional Kobold Camp. More stone-age, essentially.
* Useful animal products uncommon in other mods, such as use of haircloth or fermented milk drinks.
* Ability to take armor looted from enemies, and convert it into a kobold-sized equivalent.

Important Pointer Before You Start: Not all stones are usable for stone weapons. Double-check the stone screen for a quick rundown and what you can use.

Features:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Known bugs and issues:
1. No ability to salvage gauntlets. This is due to the infamous gauntlet bug, interfering with any custom reaction that outputs glove-type items. Any output would be generic "ambidextrous" gauntlets instead of left/right versions, and these generic versions can't be worn.

2. Not all of the modded-in reactions can use the "product details" option that allows producing only a specific item. Currently only wood and bone items allow it. For stone arrows or other added reactions you'll have to control desired material the old-fashioned way, using nearest or linked stockpiles.

3. Minor: Knapped stones will appear on the available materials list for finished goods, furniture, and weapon stockpiles, as well as in military uniform material selection. These materials only show up when crafting stone or gem ammuniton, or for embark/trade native metal goods, due to workarounds needed to allow stone ammo to stockpile, and due to more severe bugs that occur if I used a different workaround.

4. Choosing "play now" will bypass the normal lack of access to metalsmithing due to the hardcoded skill assignment to the starting seven. Who even picks "play now" anyway?

Appendix A, Full List of New Reactions, By Workshop:

Appendix B, List of Sharpenable Stone/Gems:
« Last Edit: January 28, 2021, 08:56:56 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: [42.06] Kobold Kamp (now with 25% more kefir)
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2016, 05:24:57 am »

You can copy the script "autofixhandedness" from Masterworks hack/scripts folder to fix the gloves problem. I have not tested it in the latest DF version, but it should still work.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2016, 11:02:24 am »

As I'm aware of, yes. As with Adventurecraft, I'd prefer to keep the mod such that the user doesn't have to use DFHack, but given I have two released mods that could benefit from it, I might be tempted to include it for optional use. ._.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2016, 11:43:33 am »

As I'm aware of, yes. As with Adventurecraft, I'd prefer to keep the mod such that the user doesn't have to use DFHack, but given I have two released mods that could benefit from it, I might be tempted to include it for optional use. ._.
I'd just add the script to the download and let people know that if they have dfhack, they can drag and drop it.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2016, 01:58:03 pm »

Ah, might be a good way to go about it.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

King_of_Baboons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2016, 02:50:42 pm »

Is this compatible with Adventurecraft?
A medium-sized creature prone to madness and insanity.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2016, 03:09:18 pm »

Sadly not, at least due to overlap in certain files being edited. Though if I separated the recipes into files separate reactions instead of reaction_other, ported over body material upgrades to Kobold Kamp, and made the entity changes consistent...
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Diamond

• Bay Watcher
  • Did someone just say "elves" ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2016, 10:30:41 am »

Noice.
As mugs were mentioned, I assume kobolds can have proper taverns going? What about libraries / book industry?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2016, 11:20:51 am »

Noice.
As mugs were mentioned, I assume kobolds can have proper taverns going? What about libraries / book industry?

Taverns, yes. For even more Fun, so far I've found that visitors will arrive, even though they're coming from civilizations that would normally be hostile, and I've yet to get an actual kobold native tavern visitor.

Temples also work, but since kobolds lack religion tokens they can't be dedicated to specific gods, and citizens just spend time meditating on values.

Libraries TECHNICALLY work, but the reactions and tool tokens for papermaking and boodbinding weren't given to kobolds, so you'd have to rely on stolen books and writing material. Which would be unlikely as you wouldn't get caravans from literate civilizations, so aside from the odd visitor or invader bringing books...
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Diamond

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2016, 05:17:12 am »

Gonna run a camp, any suggestions for a good graphic set to use for bolds?
Old-time classics like Ironhand, Mayday and Phoebus all have like 10 tiles of kobolds instead of proper set. I know Burned has kobolds, but everything else looks like vanilla.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2016, 05:25:35 am »

No idea what I'd suggest in that suggest, DF seems to be literally the only roguelike where I find the default ASCII-ish tileset to be easier to make sense of than something more graphcs-based. ;w;

So other than my default caveat of Step 2a in handling the raw folder, I have no useful advice regarding graphics.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2016, 01:59:40 am »

And now that I nudged a few updates out of the way, I'm wondering...to mechanics, or not to mechanics.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Diamond

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2016, 05:17:20 am »

And now that I nudged a few updates out of the way, I'm wondering...to mechanics, or not to mechanics.
No, don't. The lower the tech, the more different and challenging it is, the exact reason original Kobold Camp was awesome.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2016, 12:42:32 pm »

True. Plus I've yet to test the hatch method, which might deter building destroyers.

On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2016, 09:54:51 pm »

Well, since I've got a little version of the tileset anyways I figured I'd see if I could make a suitable petite soldier tile for ya, I've got the xcf so I can do the regular dorfs too but I figured I'd see how it looks and contrast it with the dorfletter concept I was trying to work it with.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12