Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

Author Topic: [.47.02 - .47.05] Kobold Kamp (now with 25% more kefir)  (Read 55846 times)

philli46

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [.44.01 - 7] Kobold Kamp (now with 25% more kefir)
« Reply #120 on: March 21, 2018, 12:04:57 am »

So I enabled kobolds to be playable in adventure mode. During a test run starting at a fort I had played earlier I noticed all of the tame giant cave spiders were hostile. Killed all the civilians then ripped apart my poor kobold. No problems in fort mode, I'm assuming its just something to do with the game and not the mod. Just thought you'd want to know, in case adding adventuring kobolds is something you have planned for this mod.

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the Cutebold Overlords
    • View Profile
Re: [.44.01 - 9] Kobold Kamp (now with 25% more kefir)
« Reply #121 on: April 13, 2018, 01:17:51 am »

Growing a little confused hear bouts. Tried several times to start a game, (craving kobolds since Masterwork is so far behind at current), but when I go to select a civ on the World map, it only shows me the dwarven civs, and none of the (usually singular) kobold civs. Did I happen to do something wrong? I cut the Raws out, and inserted the Kobold Kamp Raws. Is it cause I am using the Lazy Newb Pack? Something else?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 13, 2018, 02:03:16 am »

Growing a little confused hear bouts. Tried several times to start a game, (craving kobolds since Masterwork is so far behind at current), but when I go to select a civ on the World map, it only shows me the dwarven civs, and none of the (usually singular) kobold civs. Did I happen to do something wrong? I cut the Raws out, and inserted the Kobold Kamp Raws. Is it cause I am using the Lazy Newb Pack? Something else?

It could be something due to LMP stuff, maybe. Combining raw stuff is always a finicky affair unless you're familiar with what all both raws change, and I'll admit I'm not sure what all LNP would alter.

If you inserted kobold raws INTO the LNP raws then it shouldn't be having that exact issue, unless LNP retains at least one playable entity entry in a file that isn't entity_default.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 13, 2018, 02:52:33 am »

Check if you have the kobold kamp entity_default.txt instead of the LNP's one in your raws. You might also need to gen a new world.  I have always used Kobold Kamp with LNP and had no such issues.

edit: Did you change tileset through LNP's launcher, after merging the two mods? Iirc it replaces the raws, so that might be the case.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 02:57:20 am by Ulfarr »
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 13, 2018, 11:10:46 am »

Ahhh! That may well have been what it was. Never even thought of that. So is there any way to use the graphics I want, and have the mod running? Do I just need to replace the raws after the graphics switch?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 13, 2018, 11:14:44 am »

edit: Did you change tileset through LNP's launcher, after merging the two mods? Iirc it replaces the raws, so that might be the case.

Gah. Why do people even use that feature, that's insane. >.<
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 13, 2018, 11:49:58 am »

As an aside, I was hoping to pull out one of the buildings from Meph's kobolds, and use it in your mod. One of my favourite things, was the Kobold use of milked Venoms from creatures to apply to weapons, Ammo, and Trap Components. Is it feasible to add something like that in, or does anyone know of a mod that could do something similar?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 13, 2018, 12:48:17 pm »

As an aside, I was hoping to pull out one of the buildings from Meph's kobolds, and use it in your mod. One of my favourite things, was the Kobold use of milked Venoms from creatures to apply to weapons, Ammo, and Trap Components. Is it feasible to add something like that in, or does anyone know of a mod that could do something similar?

That does not work, and has never worked. To repeat a lesson I learned the hard way when working on Adventurecraft: yoinking the "decorate item with frozen extract" reaction from Wanderer's Friend does not allow you to poison enemies. The reaction file even outright says it doesn't work in a comment, but the WF mod author never removed the reaction because they hoped a solution might be forthcoming. It has plagued modders ever since.

Meph basically took that recipe, applied it to yet more reactions that don't do anything, and then neglected to leave even a code comment clarifying it's broken.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 13, 2018, 01:52:01 pm »

That does not work, and has never worked. To repeat a lesson I learned the hard way when working on Adventurecraft: yoinking the "decorate item with frozen extract" reaction from Wanderer's Friend does not allow you to poison enemies. The reaction file even outright says it doesn't work in a comment, but the WF mod author never removed the reaction because they hoped a solution might be forthcoming. It has plagued modders ever since.

Meph basically took that recipe, applied it to yet more reactions that don't do anything, and then neglected to leave even a code comment clarifying it's broken.

Really? I thought it would be a fairly simple thing, as the Poison Vat Building for Meph's Masterwork pack, even says at the beginning that its:

#Notes: A- the poison vat is a plug and play addition to nearly all races,
# that provides the ability to apply poisons to weapons, ammo, etc.

I'm more looking for a building to poison stuff in Fort mode, and not in Adventure Mode.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 13, 2018, 02:22:38 pm »

It doesn't function in either mode. Decoration is just that, decoration.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 13, 2018, 02:37:40 pm »

It doesn't function in either mode. Decoration is just that, decoration.

I feel there is some confusion going on here...Decoration? I mean, I KNOW in Masterwork there is a building, that is built, that allows one to Apply Extracts to weapons, and Ammunition, this applying the extract effect on hit. Masterwork Kobolds had a whole process of Milking Helmet Snakes, and then applying the venom extract to weapons, ammo, and trap components, and on hit, the venom would take effect.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 13, 2018, 03:06:53 pm »

They don't take effect is the thing. The reaction "works" by applying the venom as a decoration, reaction token "improvement" basically, using the generic "covered" subtype. This makes the item decorated with a covering of the relevant material, in solid form in the case of items capable of melting, and this decoration material will STAY solid even if it should logically melt.

And yes, there is a building that does this in Masterwork, and you can certainly try it, but it doesn't get any useful results.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #132 on: April 13, 2018, 03:13:22 pm »

By decoration it means something in the vein of spikes or rings you see on weapons or armor, only made out of the poison material, as what Random_Dragon said.

Sure, you get the item "covered" in it, technically, however it just plain doesn't work when it comes to triggering syndromes in combat when it counts as a solid "decoration". In order for it to actually trigger syndromes you'd need to somehow dump a weapon into a spatter of poison or venom, which is really finicky to actually pull off, and obviously not something we can really do with reactions.

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 13, 2018, 03:31:30 pm »

So is there any way to use the graphics I want, and have the mod running? Do I just need to replace the raws after the graphics switch?

Changing tilesets before merging the mods would be the first step. Now depending on which tileset you want to use, there is a possibility that some objects will be displayed with the wrong tile, i.e. gems using the tiles for fish, stone walls missing their "texture", but at least the game should be playable at this stage.

If that's the case then you'll have to modify Kobold Kamp's raws to use the same tiles as their LNP counterparts. A tool to compare text files would be immensly helpful ( I used Notepad++ and it's compare plugin when making the fix for Phoebus's) but it would still be time consuming.

Which tileset do you want to use? I could try to make a fix for you but it probably won't be ready before Wednesday
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 13, 2018, 05:02:42 pm »

So is there any way to use the graphics I want, and have the mod running? Do I just need to replace the raws after the graphics switch?

Changing tilesets before merging the mods would be the first step. Now depending on which tileset you want to use, there is a possibility that some objects will be displayed with the wrong tile, i.e. gems using the tiles for fish, stone walls missing their "texture", but at least the game should be playable at this stage.

If that's the case then you'll have to modify Kobold Kamp's raws to use the same tiles as their LNP counterparts. A tool to compare text files would be immensly helpful ( I used Notepad++ and it's compare plugin when making the fix for Phoebus's) but it would still be time consuming.

Which tileset do you want to use? I could try to make a fix for you but it probably won't be ready before Wednesday

Looking to use Meph's Tileset if possible.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12