Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12

Author Topic: [.47.02 - .47.05] Kobold Kamp (now with 25% more kefir)  (Read 55791 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: [.47.02] Kobold Kamp (now with 25% more kefir)
« Reply #150 on: February 08, 2020, 03:12:07 am »

Bweh, didn't even have the chance to add any features yet. 47.02 has a new entity token 47.01 would error on, meaning I get to set up a new version of the mod without having any useful changes to show for it. ._.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

cyberwarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 14, 2020, 09:21:20 am »

Hey, one of the changes that I frequently make to this mod is to lower the lifespans of the kobolds. I thought it felt the theme of high breeding rate but also high deathcount. I usually make its upper range to be 20 or 30 years. I felt that it improves some of the flavor and gameplay for the mod.

The reason why I am saying so, is that it is a very easy change, and perhaps you had not considered it yourself. I love this mod; keep up the good work!

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 14, 2020, 01:25:52 pm »

I'd considered it, and didn't make use of it because there's no way to ensure the high birthrate can adequately compensate. You can mess with litter size, but birthrate is still hindered by the fact that they need to mingle around long enough to develop attachments and marry, and the only way to make marriage optional is to make them count as pets. Needless to say, that's not a good idea when you're playing them, as last time I tried that they didn't count as citizens I could control. :/
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

justaguy3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 14, 2020, 07:15:11 pm »

Hi, I'd like to try this mod out, but I usually play with the All Races Playable mod. Would you know the best way to include both of these in one DF folder?

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 15, 2020, 03:38:42 am »

1) Iirc Random Dragon uses the suffix -bold (or some variation of it) to denote the unique files added by Kobold Kamp. These file can just be copied over.

2) Any other file (those that have the same name with some other mod) will have to be merged. In essence you merge said files by adding the changes from one file to the other. I'm not sure if there are any specific tools for that but any text editor can be used. Notepad++ is decent (free) editor and also has a 3rd party plugin that allows you to compare two files and highlights any difference between them.
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

dehimos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 16, 2020, 04:28:53 am »

A stupid question, does therapist detect the squads?

Therapist does not detect kobolds squads, only "on duty" soldiers.

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 16, 2020, 06:50:30 am »

Try renaiming the squad(s) through DF's military menu. DT should be able to detect them then.
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

dehimos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 16, 2020, 07:04:39 am »

Oh, this works. Thanks.

cyberwarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 16, 2020, 08:04:23 am »

I'd considered it, and didn't make use of it because there's no way to ensure the high birthrate can adequately compensate. You can mess with litter size, but birthrate is still hindered by the fact that they need to mingle around long enough to develop attachments and marry, and the only way to make marriage optional is to make them count as pets. Needless to say, that's not a good idea when you're playing them, as last time I tried that they didn't count as citizens I could control. :/

From my experience the birthrate seems fine. You do have to allow them free time for attachments, but I consider that a plus not a hindrance.

I've also tried my hand at making them more like kobolds from DnD; I gave them scales and snouts rather than noses. I also considered having the females larger and stronger than the males, but that would probably be messy for making armor/clothing. I also experimented with giving them a mane of feathers, dull colors for the males, bright colors for the females.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 16, 2020, 11:35:49 am »

Hmm. Yeah, my forts usually turn out fairly busy for most of it, so I'll have to see how well that works for birthrates in a more well-managed fort. Even then, migrants should make such a change passable, I kinda doubt that even that much of a max axe reduction will impact the fort too strongly, seems more like a flavor change to me.

And that's now the second person who likes to tinker with making them look different. First meme furry cutebolds, now proper reptilian, hmm...
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

cyberwarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 17, 2020, 02:13:06 pm »

To be fair, vanilla kobolds are rather bland when it comes to their description. Hardly any flavor text

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 17, 2020, 05:18:56 pm »

True. Main thing I did was add more variety to the color descriptors if I recall.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [.47.01] Kobold Kamp (now with 25% more kefir)
« Reply #162 on: October 07, 2020, 05:18:14 am »

That could...sorta work. Others have noted that it's real damn hard to control what comes out of a summon, because it's randomized and there are very limited ways to narrow it down. Tying it it a workshop is also something I dunno is doable yet, let alone letting "consume X item" be the trigger. :/
You can summon direct specie of creatures or even direct caste of creatures, wiki has code. For spawning from workshop you can try add reaction with gas or liquid product that have contact syndrome, when kobold have this syndrome, he/she spawn kobold hatchling.
Just remove labors from female kobold - and she will hatch eggs properly (lock her in burrow with food and drinks for better). Tested in 0.47.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [.47.02 - .47.05] Kobold Kamp (now with 25% more kefir)
« Reply #163 on: April 03, 2021, 10:30:35 pm »

What kind of tools do Kobolds use? What would a Salvage Workshop look like?

Also, what's the deal with the FAKEDYARN?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: [.47.02 - .47.05] Kobold Kamp (now with 25% more kefir)
« Reply #164 on: April 04, 2021, 12:42:15 pm »

What kind of tools do Kobolds use? What would a Salvage Workshop look like?

Also, what's the deal with the FAKEDYARN?

1. Most of the basic essentials for anything except furnace-related labors, pickaxe and battleaxe had been altered to work for kobolds.
2. Like any other workshop, though if I recall I based the actual tile selection off a mixture of a clothier's shop and a leatherworks.
3. Part of the stuff that went into making it so haircloth can be spun and used instead of uselessly cluttering up the butcher's stockpile if I recall. I could've sworn I removed the fake yarn method after I discovered that haircloth won't show up on regular population's clothing unless the base creature is also shearable, I'll need to double check.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12