Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12

Author Topic: [.47.02 - .47.05] Kobold Kamp (now with 25% more kefir)  (Read 55516 times)

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
Re: [43.05] Kobold Kamp (now with 25% more kefir)
« Reply #60 on: August 14, 2016, 01:03:21 pm »

So I've found a bug :P

EDIT: Nevermind! Messed up installation.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 08:48:19 am by Iceblaster »

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 14, 2016, 06:31:01 pm »

That's...odd. I just checked the 43.05 version and it should be correctly making picks, as the output is correct. ._.

EDIT: And yes, wooden picks are available in the embark screen, under weapons. They aren't added to the item list by default.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 06:32:41 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 15, 2016, 08:47:45 am »

...I may have messed up by overwriting the original raw folder then. Going to just delete the raw folder and paste a fresh kobold kamp download on aaaand...

Yep! I messed up. Ignore that then. Thanks for letting me know it was just me XD

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 15, 2016, 11:53:51 am »

Ah. So it works properly from a fresh install? Good. o3o

It always baffles me when someone copy-pastes over raw folders. Then again, I did that a few times before I was releasing these mods, and it backfired as expected.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 21, 2016, 05:22:42 pm »

So. Guess what? Turns out that stone was ALREADY on the material list for squad weapons. Know what that means? I can zig-zag yet again because I'm a fucking derp, and set arrows to use faked stone again. Just need to ensure the arrow-only version doesn't populate the material lists with redundant entries.

EDIT: Scratch that, just adding the demanded token for stone ammo to stockpile messes with uniforms. >.<
« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 05:27:08 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

☼Another☼

• Bay Watcher
  • I am inevitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 07, 2016, 07:43:54 pm »

I've found a bug. At least, I'll call it that.

(Chritlulgin has claimed the position of king of The Lantern of Ashes)

(The Lantern of Ashes was a dwarven civilization of the Everlasting Realms)

Notes: I'm using the LNP (Peridexis Exant 0.43.03-r06), with the tileset being CLA (18px) and this is version 43.03.

Save (With raw folder, and the last seasonal autosave):
http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12490

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 08, 2016, 08:38:45 pm »

...what. How. I can't think of any feasible way that a kobold civilian could end up being valid for receiving a dwarven position.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 04, 2016, 07:40:43 pm »

Could someone make a tutorial on this version of Kobold Kamp?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 05, 2016, 03:26:36 am »

Hmm. Not sure, but I can give a good set of overall tips regarding this. That said, reading the readme file (or the OP) should prove useful overall.

Concerning Embark:
* You need to remember to add wooden picks if you want to start off with mining. The embark won't automatically add them to items because of their counting as weaponry.
* A river or stream is immensely useful. Making fermented milk isn't very efficient for sustaining kobolds, fish are the only food source as reliable as farming is for dwarves, and shells are better
* If your civilization has it available, bringing copper nuggets, obsidian, or chert is useful in the event you need a boost to your early weapons and ammo.

Concerning Not Dying:
* Arrow slits are your friends. Arrows may ping off an invader's armor an awful lot, but the combat changes currently make indirect damage by twisting joints surprisingly effective.
* The same thing mentioned above, plus kobolds being surprisingly hard to hit when well-trained, means you can afford to be bold with an enemy force if needed.
* Build a salvage workshop. If you survive one siege, this'll be astoundingly useful for converting enemy armor into a form kobolds can wear.
* If all else fails, building destroyers still can't deal with a locked hatch if it's above them, unless some other path is available to them.
* Enemy thieves will ruin the above plan in a heartbeat. Combining arrow slits, guard animals, and hatch abuse will help if you have thieves and building destroyers all at the same time. Even if the end result is less "cavebolds with sharp rocks" and more like Tucker's kobolds.
* Cotton candy is still just as deadly in stone form as it is in metal form. Exploit this at your peril.

Misc Tips:
* Prepared food is still overpowered for trading, in the unlikely event that the caravan has something of value.
* Astoundingly, designating a tavern will attract foreigners despite all other civilizations being hostile to kobolds. Feel free to abuse this for cannon fodder, bait, or more victims.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 29, 2016, 11:01:24 pm »

Welp. I've switched my method of working around the "can't stockpile stone ammo" thing again. This time because yet another irritating bug ensues if I use the other method. Basically...

If sharpenable metals count as metal:
* Bridges or other works of architecture can't be built using sharpenable stone.
* Bars and other masonry items can't be produced using sharpenable stone.
* Mugs, coffins, and other items made from stone use the metal item name (goblets, sarcophagi, etc).

If making stone/gem ammo cites materials that have similar properties to the origin stone, but count as metal:
* Uniform material selection and a few stockpiles give options to store items made out of materials only cited by stone/gem ammo.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 15, 2017, 04:22:17 pm »

Whee it's been ages. I'm pondering something. Should I reduce the attack triggers for enemy civs back to closer to normal? Right now sieges take a long time to get into gear unless you embark right next to their sites.

EDIT: I discovered while double-checking shit that I ALREADY lowered the progress triggers at some point. Slow invaders is most likly just due to hardcoded fuckery.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 11:46:12 am by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 12, 2017, 06:24:42 pm »

Suffocated due to a weapon trap coated with giant cave spider venom

SOON. This presents a conundrum for me though. One of the big things making this mod more difficult is not only the focus on bone, leather, and stone in place of metal, but also the lack of mechanics. Depending on how much of this impending behavior is usable fort-side, it'd be tempting to not break these impending changes.

So obvious question, when the update hits, should kobolds be given access to mechanics?
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: [44.01] Kobold Kamp (now with 25% more kefir)
« Reply #72 on: November 23, 2017, 03:23:50 pm »

HNNNG. Rise from your grave!

The update has hit, and with it some changes to this mod. Right now the big ones are the chance of being able to embark with worldgen-tamed venomous critters, and being re-given mechanics. Unlike in vanilla I kept access to domestic critters because this feature does NOT adequately replace the access to pack animals currently required by merchants.

Though now that you can use cage traps and socializing might be functional now, I might remove access to domestic pets and likewise disable trading. Though adding a milkable of some form might still be deisrable.

I also intend to test out whether sieges are any less painfully slow.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Altivera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [.44.01 - 5] Kobold Kamp (now with 25% more kefir)
« Reply #73 on: January 31, 2018, 09:44:35 pm »

Err will I still get visitors to my tavern, and would it be theoretically possible for me to acquire books from outside sources to start a library?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: [.44.01 - 5] Kobold Kamp (now with 25% more kefir)
« Reply #74 on: February 01, 2018, 01:14:16 pm »

Yeah, taverns attracting visitors is a thing it seems, since it seems the game never thought about the possibility that you might be hostile to literally every other civ. And it might be, though it's likely quite rare. If Toady ever fixes the bug that makes it impossible to steal books, that'll add one way to get a library. X3
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12