Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12

Author Topic: [.47.02 - .47.05] Kobold Kamp (now with 25% more kefir)  (Read 55513 times)

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [.44.01 - 9] Kobold Kamp (now with 25% more kefir)
« Reply #135 on: April 14, 2018, 02:18:33 am »

I think Masterwork uses dfhack's add-splatter script to change improvements to actual contaminant splatters, but in any case poisoning weapons without dfhack is difficult, to say the least.

JakeParade

• Bay Watcher
  • Welcome to the Parade.
    • View Profile
Re: [.44.10 - .44.12] Kobold Kamp (now with 25% more kefir)
« Reply #136 on: August 06, 2018, 08:16:12 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Uh...I don't think that's supposed to happen. That's a Human hamlet that's economically linked to me now, and I've barely got this Kave up and running. Forgive me if somebody has already posted something relating to this.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 07, 2018, 12:38:12 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Uh...I don't think that's supposed to happen. That's a Human hamlet that's economically linked to me now, and I've barely got this Kave up and running. Forgive me if somebody has already posted something relating to this.

How in the...a human hamlet. Not a dwarf hillocks?

Fuck, I don't even know where to BEGIN with what's causing this.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #138 on: August 07, 2018, 01:07:54 pm »

That's been happening even in vanilla, so it's not even something modders can affect.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: [.47.01] Kobold Kamp (now with 25% more kefir)
« Reply #139 on: January 30, 2020, 04:11:04 pm »

And it's been a damn long while, but here we go. A basic update for Kobold Kamp, for the new version.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Taras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 30, 2020, 04:15:22 pm »

I really like this mod. Can you make mods about other primitive races? Gnomes, trolls, ogres, harpies, satyrs, cave animalmen as example.

Taras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 30, 2020, 04:27:33 pm »

Could I suggest some small but interesting features? Kobolds may have cigars and 'smoke' it like in mayan civ. As many types of knifes they may have 'shiv' tool made from knapped rock or glass or bone.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 30, 2020, 04:40:41 pm »

I've pondered other fortress mods before, but it's rather harder to make them feel unique, especially once I've already tackled the stone-age idea for this mod. @.@

As for tobacco, I don't really see much benefit to adding that, not like ingested syndromes can give off smoke, nor add addiction mechanics...as for knives, maybe. I'd likely stick to the standard daggers that vanilla bolds favor though, just if I recall last time there was no easy way to encourage civilians to use them freely, which is something that'd be interesting to do.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Taras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 30, 2020, 04:51:15 pm »

I've pondered other fortress mods before, but it's rather harder to make them feel unique, especially once I've already tackled the stone-age idea for this mod. @.@

As for tobacco, I don't really see much benefit to adding that, not like ingested syndromes can give off smoke, nor add addiction mechanics...as for knives, maybe. I'd likely stick to the standard daggers that vanilla bolds favor though, just if I recall last time there was no easy way to encourage civilians to use them freely, which is something that'd be interesting to do.
You can use not tobacco but quarry bush leaves or other plants. This will make plants more useful, like kefir made milk more useful.

It's honor, if my idea will be in your mod. I also suggest two special kobold weapons. It is primitive axe and primitive pickaxe (you can change names, if you want). Primitive axe has size and attacks from adventurer stone axe and is used by kobolds as battle axe. Primitive pickaxe may be made of antlers or bone. So you not need to change vanilla pick and axe.

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 30, 2020, 07:06:55 pm »

if I recall last time there was no easy way to encourage civilians to use them freely, which is something that'd be interesting to do.
I don't think there's anything you can do in fort mode, but in adventure mode citizens will carry around tools that have TOOL_USE:MEAT_CARVING etc., which is why humans carry all those knives.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 30, 2020, 10:07:34 pm »

Yep, bit unfortunate it's only really doable with certain tools. As for special variants of picks and axes, after already putting effort into making them usable by kobolds, not sure... :/
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

cyberwarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 31, 2020, 02:04:45 am »

With the new RAW capabilities, are you planning on making any changes/experimenting with the mod?

For instance, there are raw-specified interactions that allow for summoning of items and units. Perhaps adding in a shamanistic magic system is a possibility? Or a workaround for the egg-laying bug, where you take the egg and use it in a reaction to 'summon' child kobolds. You could also add in your own set of workshops that make 'fake' eggs for it in warrens.

It also implemented a healing syndrome, so perhaps a primitive alchemy for creating healing poltices is possible now?

Taras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 31, 2020, 06:05:18 am »

With the new RAW capabilities, are you planning on making any changes/experimenting with the mod?

For instance, there are raw-specified interactions that allow for summoning of items and units. Perhaps adding in a shamanistic magic system is a possibility? Or a workaround for the egg-laying bug, where you take the egg and use it in a reaction to 'summon' child kobolds. You could also add in your own set of workshops that make 'fake' eggs for it in warrens.

It also implemented a healing syndrome, so perhaps a primitive alchemy for creating healing poltices is possible now?
I double the idea of eggs incubation.
Yep, bit unfortunate it's only really doable with certain tools. As for special variants of picks and axes, after already putting effort into making them usable by kobolds, not sure... :/
This will be more realistic, if small kobolds will use small picks and axes.

And one question: smoking leaves will be better as smoking cigares or smoking workshop that will make smoke?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 31, 2020, 11:34:57 am »

That could...sorta work. Others have noted that it's real damn hard to control what comes out of a summon, because it's randomized and there are very limited ways to narrow it down. Tying it it a workshop is also something I dunno is doable yet, let alone letting "consume X item" be the trigger. :/
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Taras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 05, 2020, 01:22:22 pm »

That could...sorta work. Others have noted that it's real damn hard to control what comes out of a summon, because it's randomized and there are very limited ways to narrow it down. Tying it it a workshop is also something I dunno is doable yet, let alone letting "consume X item" be the trigger. :/
You can summon direct specie of creatures or even direct caste of creatures, wiki has code. For spawning from workshop you can try add reaction with gas or liquid product that have contact syndrome, when kobold have this syndrome, he/she spawn kobold hatchling.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12