Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

Author Topic: Monster Hunter Evolved RTD: [Turn 10.1: Adverse Conditions Combat Phase]  (Read 26363 times)

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter Evolved RTD: [Turn 8.3: The broodmother]
« Reply #135 on: June 20, 2016, 07:28:28 am »

Turn 8.1: The Broodmother

The whole group, surprised by the ongoing event, lower their weapons but remain in a snap-fire position.
“What the hell...”
“Tell me about it.”
“I will try to talk with it.”
"Talking didn't save these people, and they'd have been down here for a long time if they taught it how to do that. Be careful, everyone."
"Don't fuck up, kid."

While Michelle approaches the queen, Ahroni investigates the nearby corpses.
Michelle gestures towards her teammates, while calling out their names before introducing herself.

"I am Michelle and we mean you no harm we are merely doing a reconnaissance and scouting Mission it is nice to meet you genuinely."
The queen looks at Michelle, before making the same pointing gesture at everyone.
“Reynar….. Velane……Aroni…… Mari….. Michel ”

Then she looks at the nearby corpses, where Ahroni can be seen poking his finger in one of the skulls and points at them.
“Who…...?”

Meanwhile Ahroni returns to the group and shares his discovery.

Veliane "The Ebon Comet" Mirelante (Nakéen)
Veliane immediately tenses up :
"What the hell..."

She let Michelle do her chit-chat, hoping she knows what she is doing.
(-) See world action for yours.

Mari Bryan (Twinwolf)
Mari is quiet, but ready to shoot or run at a moment's notice. She let's Michelle talk.

Michelle "Honesty" Silver (AbstractTraitorHero)
Michelle moves forward slightly and opens her mouth and in a quiet but still clear voice  clearly  not wanting to make much noise before she points at each of her teammates saying their names before pointing at herself.
"I am Michelle and we mean you no harm we are merely doing a reconnaissance and scouting Mission it is nice to meet you genuinely."
(-) See world actions for yours.

Ahroni Yahat (The Ensorceler)
"Talking didn't save these people, and they'd have been down here for a long time if they taught it how to do that. Be careful, everyone."

Examine the bodies for ID and search through their gear to get a better idea of why they were here and how they died.
(-) Before Michelle starts talking, you whisper a few words to the group.

Everyone was already tensed up, you didn’t make it much better. You decide to smartly use what could very well be your final moments, to uncover the fate of the deceased humans and possibly reveal what kind of future awaits you. Disregarding of how vicious it may be.

You crouch near the skeletons and look for any clues.
The remains are covered in the same goop as seen all around you, you don’t know what it does but it somehow aids in the digestion of flesh. Some of the bones are broken, indicative of the free fall from above. You are unsure though if that’s what killed them.

[Perception check: Medium difficulty {9 against 10 = Roll (6)! Check passed!}]

While looking at the ribcage, you spot some bullet shrapnel lying under it. You grab the pieces, and these are clearly bullets which have struck their target. You inspect the 2 other corpses and find similar casings. One of the corpses has a hole in the side of the skull. You poke around, in the skull and manage to grab some more pieces alongside with some rotting brain.

Distasteful. It looks like they might have died prior to arriving here. Shot by someone. There is nothing else to work with. There are no weapons, armor, or any gear for that matter. Just shredded clothing. This puts you slightly more at ease, but the situation is still tense.

Reynard "Crimson Lightning" Durant (Hawk132)
Reynard lowers his A-V4, but keeps his body in a combat-ready position.

"Don't fuck up, kid."

Let Michelle talk.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 07:13:14 am by Mr.Zero »
Durrr..

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter Evolved RTD: [Turn 8.1: The broodmother]
« Reply #136 on: June 21, 2016, 06:13:50 pm »

Michelle seems to look at where she's  pointing thinking for a few seconds before answering in a calm town seemingly relaxed.
"We do not know who the deceased ones are....Do you have a name that I  may call you by?"
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 22, 2016, 04:14:37 pm »

"I think we should prepare to leave this place. We got everything needed for the bounty, and I feel uneasy here."

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 22, 2016, 05:33:29 pm »

Really?  I feel very relaxed."

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 23, 2016, 10:58:28 am »

"We've achieved our objective here. And the sooner we lead the drone to the geyser fields, the better."

Keep watch for danger and be prepared to leave at any time.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 23, 2016, 04:00:43 pm »

"Agreed, there isn't anything else we can do here. Robot! I need a scan of some skulls, and a copy for myself."

Scavenge any gear left on the bodies, get the scan from the robot, and get ready to leave.

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 01, 2016, 09:09:41 am »

Turn 8.2: The Broodmother

Sorry for the delay, but I had a busy schedule. As long as this RTD doesn't hit page 3, then it's still alive!

"We do not know who the deceased ones are....Do you have a name that I  may call you by?"

“Name…...” The queen thinks for a while and then proceeds to unleash a short series of clicks. She looks confused and then does the same clicks again.

“No….. Name….” The queen speaks,in a somewhat disappointing tone.
Michelle think that the clicks somehow would translate to her name, but she can’t pronounce them. Given her struggles with talking.

Meanwhile the group inches towards the exit.
"I think we should prepare to leave this place. We got everything needed for the bounty, and I feel uneasy here."
Reynards visibly gestures that he agrees.
"We've achieved our objective here. And the sooner we lead the drone to the geyser fields, the better."
“Yes, give me a second while I loot the bodies.”
“Don’t take too long, or you’ll get left behind when shit hits the fan.”
Ahroni walks back to remains with Nova to inspect the bodies some more.

“Leave……?” The queen asks, noticing that the group is trying to move towards the exit.
“Why……?”
“Stay...” She speaks, while moving a bit closer to the group.

Michelle seems to look at where she's  pointing thinking for a few seconds before answering in a calm town seemingly relaxed.

Mari Bryan (Twinwolf)
Do stuff
(-) -

"Agreed, there isn't anything else we can do here. Robot! I need a scan of some skulls, and a copy for myself."

Scavenge any gear left on the bodies, get the scan from the robot, and get ready to leave.
(-) “Don’t take too much time, we want to leave ASAP.”
“Yes, yes. Don’t worry, I will see if these guys have anything on them.”
You return to the 3 skeletons and start inspecting the pocket’s of the clothes.
“Robot, make a scan of these guys’s skulls.”
“This robot has a name.” Nova says, before proceeding. A blue scanning strip, goes up,down and sideways over the skull, thoroughly creating a 3d scan of the skull for later use. Meanwhile you continues rummaging through the pockets.

In one of the pants back pockets, you find a round metal token.
“What do we have here? Nova, come give me a light.”
Nova walks over and flashes some light over your finding.

You carefully inspect the token for any clues. The token is 5 cm in diameter, made from a metal, probably steel or iron. The token is 4mm thick and there are varying indents of different lengths on the coins side. On one side there is a barcode of some sorts, the other side features a plain looking star.

You store the coin and look further but find nothing else. Nova also finishes scanning the remains, so both of you return to the group.
You gained a Unknown Token

Keep watch for danger and be prepared to leave at any time.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 09:17:11 am by Mr.Zero »
Durrr..

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter Evolved RTD: [Turn 8.2: The broodmother]
« Reply #142 on: July 01, 2016, 02:10:18 pm »

Michelle blinks inside her vehicle realizing that she might have to think fast to potentially void combat.
Okay we don't want to get into a fight with that thing were in the middle of its hive and we would not get out unscathed yes YES! That might work!
"Oh I'm  sorry as I mentioned before we are mainly a scouting and reconnaissance party so my friends would need to report back.I however would be willing to stay a little longer if you wish perhaps the rest of the day or a few more hours would be satisfactory? Then sadly I will have to leave to continue fulfilling my duties."

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 05, 2016, 08:47:08 am »

Get ready to leg it. Should shit hit the fan, retreat bravely out of the nest. Shoot any hoppers that get in the way. Do not shoot the queen. I still want that 30k.

If shit does not hit the fan and Michelle successfully negotiates with the queen, follow the rest to the surface.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 05, 2016, 09:18:54 am »

Be similarly ready to run if it becomes necessary.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 05, 2016, 04:01:01 pm »

Also be ready to leave.

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 07, 2016, 07:05:59 am »

Turn 8.3: The Broodmother

Note to The Ensorceler. Your items will be updated with the next major turn, turn 9 in this case. These are just sub-turns, where I try to keep them as compact as possible.

With the situation possibly escalating into what could be a nasty fight, Michelle quickly thinks out some way to diffuse this. The other's tense up to fire at a moments notice, with their fingers resting just barely outside the trigger.
"Hold up!" Michelle gestures at both the queen and the squad.

The queen immediately stops, Michelle quickly approaches the group and frantically Michelle explains her plan.
"We don't want to start a here, right? There's a high chance that we'd get swarmed and the queen looks nasty in combat."

Some members nod and agree.
"What are you going for?"
"We have a contract to fulfill, but I might be able to convince the queen to let you go, while I stay here for a while."
"A while? What if she doesn't let you go? What if she kills you?"
"Yeah."
"She won't kill me. Even if, she would kill only one of us. Instead of all of us or would you prefer to go out guns blazing? But, like I said, she won't."

Reluctantly the members agree, that it's the best option, IF the queen agrees.
"Give it a shot kid, we got your back."

Michelle approaches the queen, which seems to be in a resting position.
"Oh I'm sorry as I mentioned before we are mainly a scouting and reconnaissance party so my friends would need to report back. I, however would be willing to stay a little longer. If you wish, I could stay for the rest of the day or a few more hours. Would that be satisfactory? Then, sadly I will have to leave to continue fulfilling my duties."

"Yes......Stay.....one.... day..."
"Alright. Thank you, I will go tell my friends then. They can leave unharmed, correct?"

"Yes....." The queen speaks and then clicks at one of the nearby hoppers, which clicks at another one, carrying the message outside the chamber into the hive.

Michelle re-approaches the group.
"She wants me to stay for a day, at least for now."
"Good job kid, they won't attack us now right?"
"Probably not, but we're dealing with an alien being capable of understanding our language. I don't know for sure. Hope for the best."
"Alright, group up and move out. You, Michelle, come back alive."
"Roger."

The group takes their goodbyes and starts moving outside the chamber towards the light, leaving Michelle behind standing in darkness.
"Will she be alright? She doesn't have the strongest suit or gun."
"I hope so, but she made the best of the situation. Be thankful for that."
"Quit yappering around, we aren't out of the woods yet."

The group moves through the flowing river of hoppers, no hopper moves even remotely close to the group. They take the same route they took earlier towards the exit and find themselves soon enough at the cave entrance. The sun is still shining strong and it is very hot compared to the colder climate down there.

Meanwhile in the cave, down below. Michelle is standing alone with the queen. The queen looks somewhat content with the current situation.

“Where….. From….. Michel?”

Leg it!
(-) -

Michelle blinks inside her vehicle realizing that she might have to think fast to potentially void combat.
Okay we don't want to get into a fight with that thing were in the middle of its hive and we would not get out unscathed yes YES! That might work!
"Oh I'm  sorry as I mentioned before we are mainly a scouting and reconnaissance party so my friends would need to report back.I however would be willing to stay a little longer if you wish perhaps the rest of the day or a few more hours would be satisfactory? Then sadly I will have to leave to continue fulfilling my duties."
(-) See world turns for yours.

Mari Bryan (Twinwolf)
Be similarly ready to run if it becomes necessary.

Also be ready to leave.

Get ready to leg it. Should shit hit the fan, retreat bravely out of the nest. Shoot any hoppers that get in the way. Do not shoot the queen. I still want that 30k.

If shit does not hit the fan and Michelle successfully negotiates with the queen, follow the rest to the surface.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 07:34:10 am by Mr.Zero »
Durrr..

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 08, 2016, 02:53:41 am »

"I will admit, that was weirder than what I am used for. You don't meet talking crawlies every day..."

In her heart, Veliane immediately regretted saying this in the com-link. She hated joking around during missions, and she just did that...
Anywa. She resumed with a more "professional" tone.
"We should get moving now. Let's get the prime quick, and hope Michelle will come out in one piece."

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 08, 2016, 07:31:12 am »

"You're not the only one who didn't expect talking aliens."

Let's get going to the geysers.

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 08, 2016, 11:59:25 am »

"I don't think she'll have much to be afraid of. Those bodies were shot, stripped, and dumped in there, probably by someone who didn't know they left bones, which means they don't go into the nest."
Ahroni trailed off nervously,"There's not so many people who'd do something like that anymore, what with space going all civilized..."

"We've got a job, though. Not worth worrying about bogeymen." Follow along, mostly undeterred.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 12:06:43 pm by The Ensorceler »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11