Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: Monster Hunter Evolved RTD: [Turn 10.1: Adverse Conditions Combat Phase]  (Read 26873 times)

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter Evolved RTD: [X2 to Hell]
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2016, 12:38:39 am »

((Bump))
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter Evolved RTD: [X2 to Hell]
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2016, 04:37:16 am »

Turn 2: The Atlas bar

NOTE: Inventories updated soon, just need to copy paste most of the stuff.

Checking her gear one last time, she left the room, heading to the bar.
Please bold your action the next time.
(-) See twinwolf’s turn for yours.

Mari Bryan (Twinwolf)
In that case, inject in appropriate location, then head to the bar.
-After a short conversation with Michelle, you ready yourself up to head to the bar. Before that you want to inject the tracker.
You have no idea where the appropriate location is, but you figure that somewhere in the chest area would be alright. Since if you get lethally hurt there, you’re probably dead. While you can miss an arm or a leg. You inject the tracker into your side and throw it away.

With the tracker injected, you make your way to the bar. Michelle promptly follows. Somewhere underway you are joined by Velaine, which looks clearly refreshed. The three of you enter the bar.
It's some gloomy place, with some kind of electronic music blasting through the space and lot's of different folks sitting everywhere. It's somewhat bigger than your usual bar, to hold the larger crowds. In the center in a circle shape there is the bar. You recognize Reynard sitting in the distance, sipping up some drink.

“What will it be galls?” The barman asks.
Velaine steps up first

Velaine

You aren’t a heavy drinker, but back on vanguard there were some pretty wild days. Though you aren’t planning to get wasted as awareness is key, especially in an new hostile environment.
“Something stronger than beer, but weaker than hard liquor.”
“We don’t have a lot here, but I think this will do fine.”
The barman hands over a clear bottle, with a dark yellow liquid inside. On the bottom there are small black pebbles of some sorts. The label reads ‘Peer’
“What are the black things? And what does ‘Peer’ stand for?”
“Seeds of a fruit. They come from Concordia. They sweeten the drink and increase the alcoholic content. It’s like a radler or beer with syrup if you ever had, but stronger. Peer means Pebble beer.”
“Sure fill it up. What will you get Mari?”

Mari

Mari is somewhat inexperienced when it comes to alcohol's. There were plenty of drunks and cheap liquor at her working place, but it never really tempted her as she saw what it could do to a person. Though she did try out some out of curiosity.
“I’m not sure… Something sweet?” Mari unsurely asks.
The barman senses that you aren’t a drinker. He quickly takes 2 bottles and creates a drink. He hands over a deep orange, drink.
“Here you go. It’s popular amongst the lesser drinkers here after they had their long day.”
“Thank you.”

Michelle

“Give me what she has.” Michelle says with confidence, her eyes changing to the aforementioned color.
The barman glances over you.
“Aren’t you too young to drink?” He smirks
Eyes swap over to anxiety. “Ehh.. no.”
“Eh, who cares. No sane person would come over to Atlas.”
He quickly mixes up the same drink and hands it over.
“Here, you go. Enjoy.”
“Thanks..” Eye lightning up to relieved.

With your drinks you sit somewhere near Reynard. You can talk over some things, or see what kind of folks are hanging out here.

Michelle "Honesty" Silver (AbstractTraitorHero)
Michelle follows mari becuase why not.
(-) Shared turn with twinwolf, see hers.

Jet "Thunderfoot" Reiduum(Pencil_Art)
You sleep in your quarters.
Inactivity warning 1
-

Reynard "Crimson Lightning" Durant (Hawk132)
Reynard watches the two go off somewhere and injects himself with the tracker. He then goes off to the bar. Might as well get that 'one last drink' before getting planetside.
- You inject yourself in your neck and throw away the empty tube. Before you make landfall, you think that it would be a good idea to take, what could possibly be, your last drink. You make your way to the bar. It's look just like any other bar on a spaceship that you've seen. It's some gloomy place, with some kind of electronic music blasting through the space and lot's of different folks sitting everywhere. It's somewhat bigger than your usual bar, to hold the larger crowds. In the center in a circle shape there is the bar.

You plow through the masses towards the counter, and some move aside. Soldiers, doctors, traders, the 'tough' guys and the real tough guys, you recognize the whole bunch.

"So? What will it be champ?" The barman asks.
“The biggest and strongest drink you have.”
“Ohoh, had a tough day?” He asks, while unscrewing some bottles.
“No, not yet. But I will, once I get down here.”
“So you’re going to Atlas. Yeah, it’s a tough and mean place. I don’t get regulars from down there. They just never come back.” He shakes the swirl a final time and pours it in well sized glass.
“Pay me for this one, when you get back.”
You grab the glass. “Do you offer this to everyone? Aren’t you making losses like this?”
“A bit, but I can afford a drink to make a friend.”
“I’ll keep it in mind.”
You head over to some other table and take a swig of whatever the barman brewed up. It immediately packs a punch. It tastes like whiskey, but with nutty flavor which makes it oddly enough taste quite well. Despite the initial punch, it goes down easy leaving behind a burning sensation. There are a lot of people here, maybe you can strike up a conversation with some. On first glance you can see that there is a group of doctors or scientist on the 2nd floor and somewhere further in back what seem to be other mercs. There are probably others, but you’d have to look around closer.

Quote from: Veliane "The Ebon Comet" Mirelante (Nakéen)
Spoiler:  Player Information (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Player Condition (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Skills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Class (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)

Quote from: Mari Bryan (Twinwolf)

Quote from: Michelle "Honesty" Silver (AbstractTraitorHero)

Quote from: Jet "Thunderfoot" Reiduum(Pencil_Art)

Quote from: Reynard "Crimson Lightning" Durant (Hawk132)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 07:30:19 am by Mr.Zero »
Durrr..

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter Evolved RTD: [The Atlas bar]
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2016, 06:17:48 am »

Mari sips the drink experimentally, to see if it tastes alright.

((Now I'm just going to note that some people dislike GM's speaking for their character. I don't mind, you basically got Mari down there, but some people do.))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2016, 06:52:31 am »

((Now I'm just going to note that some people dislike GM's speaking for their character. I don't mind, you basically got Mari down there, but some people do.))

I know about this (You are not the first to mention this), that's why I will keep it to a minimum. This is also the reason why I value bio's as they give me an insight to how they  function in cases like this, so that I may make a quick choice instead of having ask every short conv, about what their character would say.
Durrr..

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2016, 10:16:44 am »

Reynard takes another swig of his brew and takes another look at the people in the bar. He sees a few choices he can take - finish his drink in peace and get ready for landing, talk with his group, socialize with the mercenaries and share our stories or strike up a conversation with the scientist types.

The scientists look like they're the most likely to have information on the wildlife of Atlas. 'Know your enemy' as one of the sages of long ago said. He walks over to them and engages into a conversation, intent on finding out what he'll be facing down there.

((I don't mind GM's speaking for my character. To be honest, it helps me out to flesh out my character's personality, since I'm not that great of a roleplayer. Also, I've always been bad at talking. By the way, I liked how Mari ended up having to guess where the tracker should be injected and Reynard just stabbed the injector into his neck without any second thoughts. Our characters backgrounds are shown just from such simple actions.))
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2016, 11:21:36 am »

Her eyes stay onAnxious
Well bottoms up.
Take a drink maybe it will taste good.

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2016, 09:14:26 am »

Turn 2.1: The Atlas bar

NOTE: Inventories should be updated. I hope the tables and the information provided is clear and good enough.

(-)

Mari Bryan (Twinwolf)
(-)While you sip the drink, Michelle takes a good few gulps. It tastes like orange juice, with a strange after taste probably due to the alcohol. Modestly you drink it up, while Michelle joyfully mentions that it tastes likes oranges.

Michelle "Honesty" Silver (AbstractTraitorHero)
Her eyes stay onAnxious
Well bottoms up.
Take a drink maybe it will taste good.
(-), You examine the drink once again. It's has a deep orange color, and smells fruity. You prepare yourself and take a big gulp.
It tastes like orange juice, with a strange after taste probably due to the alcohol. You take another gulp only to confirm what you already know.
"This tastes like oranges."
*You become tipsy*

Jet "Thunderfoot" Reiduum(Pencil_Art)
You sleep in your quarters.
Inactivity warning 1
(-)

Reynard "Crimson Lightning" Durant (Hawk132)
Reynard takes another swig of his brew and takes another look at the people in the bar. He sees a few choices he can take - finish his drink in peace and get ready for landing, talk with his group, socialize with the mercenaries and share our stories or strike up a conversation with the scientist types.

The scientists look like they're the most likely to have information on the wildlife of Atlas. 'Know your enemy' as one of the sages of long ago said. He walks over to them and engages into a conversation, intent on finding out what he'll be facing down there.
(-), You finish your drink and make way towards the 2nd level. Some guy, clearly drunk, stumbles onto you.
"Hey, watch it asshole." The drunk says, looking agitated at you.
You look at him, in a somewhat threatening way.
"Don't start what you can't finish."

He goes from hero to zero, within seconds and quickly scurries away.
You go up the stairs, and approach the group. They chat, until you're near and they all glance at you in confusion as to why you are here, fearful as they may unknowingly have done something wrong and curiosity as to why a guy like this approached them.
"Can we help you?"
"Yeah, you guys look like you know a thing or two. Does anybody know some things about Atlas? I like to be well informed before I head into new territory."

They look at each other, confused. "Yes, we know some things. Why? Are you mercenary?"
"You can call me that, the military guys here don't talk well about Atlas. So I'm curious as I will be going down there shortly."
One of the people, a woman whispers somethings towards someone. That person steps up.
"Did someone hire you already?"
"No, nobody hired us yet."
"Us?"
"I'm going down there with a group, a team, squad, whatever you want to name it."
"And you are the captain?"
"No, not exactly. But that doesn't matter. What are you getting at?"
"Well... We are one of the many groups of researchers, that go to, and from Atlas, on a regular basis. Issue is that, mercenaries are surprisingly scarce and most have fat contracts with the corps. We don't have that kind of money to hire them, yet we need some professionals to aid us in keeping us safe."
"I see, if you don't have the money, what else do you have to offer? We don't work for free, after all."
"We can provide a small compensation and lots of information, and our services of course. We have a variety of skilled biologists, Geologists and Chemists. There's even an mechanical engineer."
"What would you have us do?"
"Do some lifting work, provide safety from the local animals, bandits and explore unknown territory."
"Let me think about it."

« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 09:17:00 am by Mr.Zero »
Durrr..

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter Evolved RTD: [Turn 2.1:The Atlas bar]
« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2016, 10:17:45 am »

"I need to discuss this with my teammates. I'll get back to you shortly."

Reynard goes to where Veliane and the others are seated and takes a seat himself.

"I believe I have gotten us a contract. See those scientists over there? He motions with his metallic hand over to them. "They'd like to hire a group of mercs to aid them in their research and do bodyguard work. They don't have much hard cash to offer, but they should have a large amount of intel to share, along with providing their skills should we need them. So, are we interested?"

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2016, 11:01:25 am »

Michelle's eyes display Joyful.her face lightly flushing from the alcohol.
He hehe helloo?

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2016, 03:06:25 pm »

"What sort of intel? And do they have enough to cover suit repair costs if necessary?"
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2016, 03:30:52 pm »

"They can tell us what we can expect to face down there and how to deal with it. It pays to be prepared. And perhaps, where we could find things of value we could turn in for profit. As for repairs, they have a mechanical engineer. We probably could get him or her to repair our suits. And since they'd want us to be able to protect them, we could try to get them to do it for cheap. If there's something you'd like to know, feel free to ask them. We can still negotiate the exact terms of the contract."

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2016, 03:32:58 pm »

Joyful
sounds gud buddy!

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2016, 12:28:12 am »

Jet goes and injects himself with the tracker, and heads over to the bar, though he never was one to drink, himself.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2016, 03:18:06 am »

Veliane listens silently to Reynard for a moment, and finally speaks up last.

"This sounds like an interesting proposition. Scientists will probably know a lot of valuable informations. Some of them will surely save our life down there, good job Reynard."

"Oh, and may I accompany you for the negotiations ? I won't butt in if you want to make the deal yourself, except if you are really getting taken for a ride."

Accompany Reynard -if he agrees-. Otherwise just wait patiently with the others, and chat with them in that case.

((I don't mind GM speaking for our characters. It will be fun adapting RP-wise if Veliane's personality ends up different from what I had in mind.))
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 03:20:00 am by Nakéen »

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2016, 10:04:39 am »

"Considering that I'm most likely the worst at talking from our group, you'll be helpful. So I don't mind taking you or anyone else along."

Back to the science guys. Tell them the team seems interested in getting hired by them. Start getting the numbers - length of contract, amount of money that gets wired to our accounts and other such things.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 10:09:28 am by Hawk132 »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11