Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11

Author Topic: Monster Hunter Evolved RTD: [Turn 10.1: Adverse Conditions Combat Phase]  (Read 26671 times)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter Evolved RTD: [Turn 3: Night before Atlas]
« Reply #60 on: April 28, 2016, 01:08:55 pm »

"So it's tomorrow hmm. Well then, I will get a good night sleep if we are not needed anymore."

Before leaving, she says. "Of course I put my trust in all of you concerning the sharing."

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 29, 2016, 03:06:58 pm »

"I think we can keep the money on my account until we actually need anything bought. We can divide it up at that time. And speaking of buying things, I'll go check if we can even afford anything interesting."

If no objections are heard, head to the quartermasters place and check if they have any gear we can afford. Make a list of what we can get and send it to the rest of the team. If there's nothing we can get, just head to my quarters and sleep.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 29, 2016, 03:17:25 pm »

Head to quarters and sleep off this stupid drink.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 09, 2016, 06:14:12 am »

Turn 3.1: Night before Atlas

"So it's tomorrow hmm. Well then, I will get a good night sleep if we are not needed anymore."

Before leaving, she says. "Of course I put my trust in all of you concerning the sharing."
(-)
Having decided that night is now over, Veliane heads back to her quarters. She trusts that Reynard will handle the earnings responsibly. The others, Jet, Michelle and Mari, join her and hit the sack. Michelle mumbles something about wanting to sleep off this drink and refreshen herself.
The members set their alarms to be in hangar X1 on time.

Mari Bryan (Twinwolf)
Go to sleep.
(-) See Nakéen's turn for yours.

Michelle "Honesty" Silver (AbstractTraitorHero)
Head to quarters and sleep off this stupid drink.

Jet "Thunderfoot" Reiduum(Pencil_Art)
Go to sleep.

Reynard "Crimson Lightning" Durant (Hawk132)
"I think we can keep the money on my account until we actually need anything bought. We can divide it up at that time. And speaking of buying things, I'll go check if we can even afford anything interesting."

If no objections are heard, head to the quartermasters place and check if they have any gear we can afford. Make a list of what we can get and send it to the rest of the team. If there's nothing we can get, just head to my quarters and sleep.
(-) Nobody has any objections except Veliane, who remarks that you shouldn't go too wild with the money. You surely won't, but you haven't seen the inventory of the quartermaster yet. She might have some important equipment, which could make your stay on Atlas easier.
While the others go to their quarters to sleep in, you walk over to the quartermaster.
Surprisingly you are greeted by a different figure. A somewhat burly man in his 50-ties, bald, clean shaven all around. Very muscled, wearing shorts, tank top, all in black. He has a bionic eye as well.
"What brings you here, merc?"
"I want to take a look at your stock."

"So you got the kreds, sure. What do you want to see or know? We have guns, suit modifications, ammunition, combat stims, medical supplies and some items of questionable legality."
"We unfortunately don't have a catalog for the last part." He jocularly adds.

((You just need to talk now, I will make a quick post as if you were talking with an other PC. Until you finalize a deal or end your shopping.))

Durrr..

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter Evolved RTD: [Turn 3.1: Night before Atlas]
« Reply #64 on: May 09, 2016, 06:14:29 am »

Double post
Durrr..

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 09, 2016, 07:53:16 am »

Michellel is currently is asleep

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 09, 2016, 08:32:01 am »

Better guns and upgraded suits can't do much when you're bleeding out and can't do a thing about it.

"Show me the stims and meds. The basic ones."

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 09, 2016, 02:01:50 pm »

(Do we have intercom/communication devices ?)
If we do :

Veliane contacts Reynard :
"You went to the quartermaster right ? Can you ask if they have any advisable weapon against the life below ?"

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 09, 2016, 02:17:19 pm »

((We most likely do.))

"Got it." Reynard turns to the quartermaster again. "Since we're going to be talking about weapons anyway, do you have any suggestions for good, yet affordable weapons for whatever is down there?"

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 10, 2016, 05:59:17 am »

Better guns and upgraded suits can't do much when you're bleeding out and can't do a thing about it.

"Show me the stims and meds. The basic ones."

"Basic things to injects yourself with, coming right up."
He rummages through some of the huge metal racks and comes back with 2 large metal boxes, each labeled with some marking. Probably box numbers.
He clicks open the first.
"In this box, we have medical supplies. Your basic field medicine, won't fix a wounded soldier, but it will prevent him from dying or ease his pain."

He shows a gel like sheet in a plastic package.
"Organic gel skin or Naga skin. A highly stable organic gel wafer, which closes a wound on the surface by simulating fake skin. It also promotes faster healing. You use this for burns, or after you finished patching a guy up."

Next he pulls up an injector tube of some sorts, albeit very large. Within are small white sponge like things.
"We call this one marshmallow foam, though I'm not sure how it's called normally. Anyhow, whenever some one has deep cuts or internal bleeding, you take one of these, shove it in the wound and pull the lever on the back. It releases all the sponges into the wound. The active chemical compounds infused in the sponges stem bleeding and the spongy mass, when in contact with blood, solidifies into a rubbery substance."

Then he takes a syringe injector, similar to the tracker injector. Though you can clearly see a very soft yellow liquid inside.
"Immuno booster. Absolutely crucial on any journey to unknown space. In the event of poison, sickness or anything else that entered your body unwillingly. You inject this into yourself, ASAP. It releases a slur of chemicals and nano-bots, which clear your blood of anything not normally there. It basically nukes your bloodstream of anything not blood, as such you will be very tired afterwards but better than dead or in pain."

He looks further through the box.
"Further, we have some scalpels, bandages, pure alcohol and morphine. Probably for field surgery, not that it happens often. but, you never know."

He reaches out onto box two and opens it. Within, there is a large assortment of injectors with different colored liquids.
"Onto the good stuff.
Here we have the reflex booster. You know how they say that you on average have a reaction speed of 0.25 to 0.20 miliseconds? This lowers it between 0.010 and 0.007 miliseconds. Your reflexes are pushed to their limit, so afterwards you temporarily suffer nausea, disorientation, loss of depth perception, deafness and other things.

The next one is a strength booster. Basically you go into a semi roid rage, becoming stronger and becoming less receptive to pain. Pretty useful for close combat fighting, but once it wears off your body will feel like you’ve sported intensively for 3 days. So resting or a steady stream of painkillers is advised then.

Finally we have the intelligence booster. It doesn’t really make you suddenly smarter, but it helps you to focus. It’s quite literally, brain food. You think more clearly, can remember nearly everything, you think faster and more logically.  Though afterwards, you suffer temporary loss of long term memory and some random oddities. As a part of our program, we had to take one. For me, I saw illusions of shadows which chased me. A friend of mine had a horrifying craving for human flesh.
Luckily he wasn’t insane or weak willed, but anything can happen if you mess with the brain."

Reynard receives some message from Velaine.
“A moment.”

"You went to the quartermaster right ? Can you ask if they have any advisable weapon against the life below ?"

"Got it." Reynard turns to the quartermaster again.
"Since we're going to be talking about weapons anyway, do you have any suggestions for good, yet affordable weapons for whatever is down there?"

“I can’t advise you much in that. I haven’t been to Atlas yet. But what I have noticed is that the orbital drop shipments, I’ve been sending. Often contained armor piercing ammunition. I cannot say if it’s against humans or the animals there, but it’s worthwhile against either. Rumors say that there are a few slaver groups down there.

From the bar, I’ve also picked up on a lot of stories. Surprisingly, the hunters down there often have to fight the creatures in close combat. We only offer daggers in varying sizes, to accommodate different suit sizes.”

((Yes, you have radio communications. It can be stopped, tapped into, jammed or what not.))
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 06:04:49 am by Mr.Zero »
Durrr..

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 10, 2016, 08:42:53 am »

"How much do you want for a box of basic meds, a few boxes of AP .57 Cal and 7.62x51mm and 5 daggers (2 in the light variety, 2 in the medium and 1 for a heavy suit)? If it totals under 10 thousand creds, tell me what suit mods you have."

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 10, 2016, 01:05:30 pm »

Having taken another shower, Veliane grabbed her intercom and contacted Reynard.

"So Reynard ? How is it going ?"

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 10, 2016, 01:08:13 pm »

"nhhhhhhhhh Goddd yes"

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 10, 2016, 01:45:18 pm »

Having taken another shower, Veliane grabbed her intercom and contacted Reynard.

"So Reynard ? How is it going ?"
"While he didn't suggest any weapons, he did remark that AP ammo is in high demand. Will buy some along with medical supplies. I also plan to grab some daggers just in case something gets up in front of our faces. Didn't hear the price yet."

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 10, 2016, 01:52:01 pm »

"While he didn't suggest any weapons, he did remark that AP ammo is in high demand. Will buy some along with medical supplies. I also plan to grab some daggers just in case something gets up in front of our faces. Didn't hear the price yet."
"Mmh, daggers ? I'm interested, grab me one. I forgot to take a close-quarters weapon with this suit. Anyway, I am going to sleep soon, if everything is done, good night."
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11