Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: WTF.Visiting dwarf who has a grudge against archery ranges.  (Read 1657 times)

Purdurabo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So I have this dwarf visiting my tavern by the name of cugo quispeprith who seems to have a holy quest to destroy archery ranges. I put them up, he destroys them. I put them up again, he destroys them, I call me military currently composing of 5 axedwarfs and 5 spear dwarfs to kill him, he destroys them. I don't know what to do at this point, do I just give up on having a ranged military?

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: WTF.Visiting dwarf who has a grudge against archery ranges.
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2016, 09:18:31 am »

Apply magma. Drop him down a pit. Drop 3 or 4 z-levels of rock on to him while he's sleeping.

And before that, check Therapist or DFhack to see if his stress levels are maxed out due to some off-screen trauma.

Oh, and see what happens if you lock him in a temple full of statues. That should be an interesting experience.

Purdurabo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2016, 09:44:38 am »

what do I type in dfhack to do that? Unfortunately he is just a visitor so dwarf therepist helps naught.

Purdurabo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2016, 09:56:50 am »

Ok now he has just wiped out 3/4 of my fort.....

moondowner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2016, 10:23:16 am »

He just wanted to have a drink. Somewhere far away from those darned archery ranges. Maybe elves tied his parents to archery targets and made him watch.

Killgoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2016, 10:51:45 am »

At this point you should be trying to recruit him.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2016, 10:56:57 am »

Good grief.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Blue_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2016, 11:41:23 am »

He absolutely detests archery ranges.
Crafting Statistics 42.06Farming Statistics

Blue Dwarf has been happy lately. He did some !!science!! recently. He admired a fine forum post lately. He was enraged by a forum troll recently. He was upset by the delayed release of the new version of Dwarf Fortress lately. He took joy in planning a noble's death recently.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2016, 12:08:22 pm »

He absolutely detests archery ranges.
I think the best thing to do would be to tie him to a post and use him for archery practice.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Purdurabo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2016, 01:49:24 pm »

Currently he is walled in my archery range surounded by 3 corpses and a ghost and I am just hoping he dies of dehydration soon or the ghost kills him.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2016, 06:45:03 pm »

Sounds like he's a visitor from a nearby goblin civ that's not at war with you? He might be brawling his way through the entire fort. Or maybe he's a vampire that hasn't been revealed yet. You should post his info screen so we can better examine this bug.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2016, 06:53:26 pm »

Sounds like he's a visitor from a nearby goblin civ that's not at war with you? He might be brawling his way through the entire fort. Or maybe he's a vampire that hasn't been revealed yet. You should post his info screen so we can better examine this bug.
What does Legends say about him? He slaughtered your military, is he a vampire/night troll/something worse? Thrall's have been seen turning up with immigrant groups recently, so I guess anything's possible. You're playing vanilla, right? Upload a save a DFFD.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2016, 07:02:42 pm »

What does Legends say about him? He slaughtered your military, is he a vampire/night troll/something worse? Thrall's have been seen turning up with immigrant groups recently, so I guess anything's possible. You're playing vanilla, right? Upload a save a DFFD.

To add to this, people have reported merchant guards getting turned into thralls on the way out of the fort, so that they leave peacefully, but then get turned into historical figures due to their enthrallment, resulting in their becoming eligible for being chosen as visitors and migrants, still in their thrall form.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2016, 06:47:45 am »

Is he only destroying archery ranges, or any building that gets in his view?

To destroy buildings he'd either need to be tantruming, or for some reason have the building destroyer flag, which makes it doubtful he's really a dwarf. But afaik, necros and vamps don't get a building destroyer tag. Only werebeasts do, in werebeast form. I'm not familiar with thralls, they might get it too.

So yeah, curious, what's going on there. Do check legends.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 06:51:25 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

MobRules

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2016, 07:08:08 am »

That's not a dwarven name. Is he from a goblin civ?

Seconding the suggestion to look in legends and the request to post a screenshot of his info.
Ninja dragons! Protect the masterwork roasts!
Is this biome reanimating? I really don't want to know what happens when "absurd numbers of megabeasts" is combined with "reanimating biomes".
Pages: [1] 2