Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Modded Succesion fort, Pre-Game  (Read 6391 times)

SeiggrainHart

• Bay Watcher
  • Order of the Black Arrow
    • View Profile
Modded Succesion fort, Pre-Game
« on: March 19, 2016, 03:21:05 pm »

So, I've been thinking of starting an interesting succession game using my mod, to help raise awareness of it.
The seven starting dwarves would only have novice rank in one of the social skills. That is to say, instead of a usual 'colonist' start, what if a Dwarven Caravan decided to set up shop somewhere?

This thread is only to see if anyone would be interested in doing a succession game like this. If so, you'll be dwarfed.
I'll start the game, once about 6 people have said they're interested. They, along with me, will be the initial 7 dwarves.

Interested parties: (Not necessarily the turn order.)
1. Seiggrain Hart (Me, obviously.)
2. Gwolfski
3. TheImmortalRyukan
4. MoonyTheHuman
5. Sanctume
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 07:56:24 pm by SeiggrainHart »

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
Re: Modded Succesion fort, Pre-Game
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2016, 03:24:53 pm »

Interested.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

SeiggrainHart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2016, 04:27:20 pm »

Hmmm, another Fortress the Order to set up shop in... Count me in
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

SeiggrainHart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2016, 04:32:27 pm »

The Order? I'm a bit frightened to know what you'll do to the fortress when it's your turn...

And also, I suggest that you two, and anyone interested, play a test fortress with the mod, to get a feel for it. (Yeah, there's not much in it right now, but as I think of things, I'll be adding stuff.)

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2016, 04:35:45 pm »

The Order? I'm a bit frightened to know what you'll do to the fortress when it's your turn...

And also, I suggest that you two, and anyone interested, play a test fortress with the mod, to get a feel for it. (Yeah, there's not much in it right now, but as I think of things, I'll be adding stuff.)

LOL, just look at Doomforest, Constructivory, or Crackedwalls... The order ain't all bad... well unless you count Interdimensional Conquering, enslavement, and autocratic governments bad... well this is dwarf fortress, so this is common fare. What could I do to show we are truly evil... hmmm... OH I Know!!!

We Like Elves!

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

SeiggrainHart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2016, 04:36:48 pm »

LOL, just look at Doomforest, Constructivory, or Crackedwalls... The order ain't all bad... well unless you count Interdimensional Conquering, enslavement, and autocratic governments bad... well this is dwarf fortress, so this is common fare. What could I do to show we are truly evil... hmmm... OH I Know!!!

We Like Elves!

The horror!

Oh wait... How do you like your elves? Raw, stewed, fried, or blended?

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2016, 04:38:46 pm »

We Like Elves!

The horror!

Oh wait... How do you like your elves? Raw, stewed, fried, or blended?

We take ours Grilled for 2 hours, or until Golden Brown, and our chef? Why the Elf King of the Dwarves of course

SeiggrainHart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2016, 04:44:28 pm »

We take ours Grilled for 2 hours, or until Golden Brown, and our chef? Why the Elf King of the Dwarves of course

Sounds fun...

Now then, when we get started, what should the fortress' goal be? I'd rather it not be 'breach into Hell' as that's been done so many times it's gotten boring for me. (Though, that won't stop any of the 'Overseers' from having that as their mission...)

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2016, 05:04:45 pm »

Survive long enough for a wood bed to decompose
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2016, 05:05:53 pm »

Let's find an island that can fit on our embark, and make a castle that will stand the test of time... Or a bridge to an island from the mainland, with our city\fort on it...

SeiggrainHart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2016, 05:09:01 pm »

Survive long enough for a wood bed to decompose
Let's find an island that can fit on our embark, and make a castle that will stand the test of time... Or a bridge to an island from the mainland, with our city\fort on it...

So essentially survive as long as possible on an island?

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2016, 05:20:42 pm »

Yeah, pretty much

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2016, 07:28:29 pm »

Intrested, thats two order members

SeiggrainHart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2016, 07:44:07 pm »

Intrested, thats two order members

Two?

So you're apart of this 'The Order' thing too?
Pages: [1] 2 3