Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Into the Depths of Space - [6/6] - Down the rabbit hole.  (Read 9139 times)

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: Into the Depths of Space - [4/6] - Looking for players.
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2016, 02:50:05 pm »

Okay my character has been in the military since they were 19 and there 26 so like 7 years...if anyone wants to know my character they have my permission.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 03:39:44 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2016, 03:26:59 pm »

Born 2150 -> at least 80 before accident -> Minimum possible military join date is 2230, so 15 years maximum in the military.
But I think I'll go with him being a more recent recruit, a few years at most.

depending on whether or not Kevak is playing since they said they might.

I didn't know Kevak is a hivemind.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2016, 05:35:10 pm »

Sorry - will expand on sheet if I get time at lunch tomorrow but thought I should at least get something down... Also I had a couple of less sensible ideas which were extreme versions of tank and swordwielder but they seem to have less extremely been taken, so I am going to be more sensible. Also got torn between usefulness of a medic and usefulness of an infiltrator and ended up with not the best of both worlds I think.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 08:18:24 am by lawastooshort »

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2016, 10:04:50 pm »

Can't wait to start this. My operator is ready to operate.
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

HavingPhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Into the Depths of Space - [5/6] - Looking for players.
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2016, 10:29:16 pm »

Born 2150 -> at least 80 before accident -> Minimum possible military join date is 2230, so 15 years maximum in the military.
But I think I'll go with him being a more recent recruit, a few years at most.

depending on whether or not Kevak is playing since they said they might.

I didn't know Kevak is a hivemind.
If only, they mentioned it in an earlier post. However, since they didn't ask for a reserve whoever posts the next sheet is in.
Also I'll prolly/might join. Theoretical weapons are fun.
Sorry - will expand on sheet if I get time at lunch tomorrow but thought I should at least get something down... Also I had a couple of less sensible ideas which were extreme versions of tank and swordwielder but they seem to have less extremely been taken, so I am going to be more sensible. Also got torn between usefulness of a medic and usefulness of an infiltrator and ended up with not the best of both worlds I think.

It's no rush, we still have a day or two before starting, probably depending on my school work and such. Also, if it wasn't one of the things that you were going to change, you can still apply 5 more points into your attributes.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2016, 11:23:56 pm »

Looks like a fun game, here's my submission.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 11:54:23 pm by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2016, 08:20:57 am »

Thanks - hadn't spotted the 5 extra points, whoops... Done for now, unless I get time to do a better background.

I too am keen that you do not have too much school work.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2016, 10:34:08 pm »

Yo. Can we start with 5 people and play until someone signs up for the last slot? Or are we gonna wait for someone to come up from the depths of b12 and join to start?

I am itching to get started.
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

squidgen

• Bay Watcher
  • [INKING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2016, 09:41:13 am »

Or are we gonna wait for someone to come up from the depths of b12 and join to start?

FROM THE DEPTHS I ARISE

Seems like this could be fun!

HavingPhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Into the Depths of Space - [6/6]
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2016, 07:07:05 pm »

Looks like a fun game, here's my submission.

You need to drop one point off of your attributes somewhere. Otherwise, good to go.
Or are we gonna wait for someone to come up from the depths of b12 and join to start?

FROM THE DEPTHS I ARISE

Seems like this could be fun!
Good to go.
Yo. Can we start with 5 people and play until someone signs up for the last slot? Or are we gonna wait for someone to come up from the depths of b12 and join to start?

I am itching to get started.
Sorry about not starting sooner. This week I have been carried away by working on a new version of my parent's website, and some other things.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This game will start tonight, I just wanted to post this update so you are all aware. I'll begin typing our first post up now, I may eat dinner in between so it might be 45 minutes or so.

HavingPhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Into the Depths of Space - [6/6] - Down the rabbit hole.
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2016, 08:03:52 pm »

Turn 0, Down the rabbit hole:

It's 0900, Ship time, when you hear the first proximity warning for the station which you are approaching. Ten minutes until briefing. You all rush from whatever you were doing and gear up, clicking armor into place and checking all of your weapons... checking your weapons... probably for the millionth time this trip. Geared up, you all head to briefing and are coldly greeted by the ugly old codger Hamlin, he doesn't have a rank that you have heard of, but, he serves as a commanding officer for your ragtag group of soldiers. There is a large high definition display on the wall behind him, showing a zoomed in live feed of the station, it's many arms reaching off of the moon it is built upon. A large amount of ships are docked with it, you can even see some small things moving around in the space about it, perhaps repair robots or those on a spacewalk.

He sighs and looks each of you over, taking a moment before he speaks. "Alright, we are nearing the pirate base and you all will soon be infiltrating it. We are going to park the ship at a moderate distance from the pirates' base, and you will be taking a shuttle down to the moons surface, then hoofing it the rest of the way. You'll have to find your way in through an external airlock, maybe finding some people on a spacewalk that you can 'convince' to help you..." he has a smug grin, "Once in, try to blend in... shouldn't be too hard for you all. We want you to try and capture a HVT on the station, a man who people have come to call Scalper, he runs a majority of the ships docked on that station. He deals in smuggling, piracy and sometimes hires out his muscle as mercenaries. We want him for the information he can provide to us."

"Most of the scum on the station are poorly equipped and unskilled, however, once you find Scalper's hole you'll meet more opposition. Previous encounters shows that he likes to keep his mercenaries close, they are better equipped, and have experience from surviving countless contracts. Try to remain discreet for as long as possible. If you find anyone else important or any of his stores of goods, try to grab those as well, however Scalper is your first priority. Just get him back here alive even if it means beating his ass a bit. We'll keep them distracted with the ship for as long as possible. In the end we are going to turn that place into a spectacular crater, unless there is some reason that you find not to. If there are any questions, you have five minutes, otherwise, get in the shuttle."

((As always, let me know if I leave anything out or if anything is off. It has been a while since I have run one of these. I'll set up the players list tomorrow.))

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2016, 08:09:14 pm »

Clarity drinks a little bit of alcohol before smiling and in a joking tone.
One question do I get a present for my 26th birthday?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 08:11:24 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »

HavingPhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2016, 08:17:20 pm »

Hamlin grunts and reaches into his back pocket, "Your birthday eh? Have this, stronger than the normal shit they give you.", he throws a small canteen your way.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 09:13:46 pm by HavingPhun »

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2016, 08:27:53 pm »

She catches it easily unnaturally quickly she probably has that neural upgrade
Thank's hopefully my bad luck dosent rub off on you but it seems to be getting better I've only been shot at once or twice and fallen 15 time's today and best of all I didn't get hurt at all my luck might finally be turning around ussaly I get shot at 5 or 6 times and fall like 40 or 50 times and now I'm getting even more free alcohol!

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2016, 08:29:33 pm »

Ried just sits there pondering. He can't remember his last birthday. Or even when it was. That blows.

He strokes the side of one of the frags he has in a pouch on his side. The cold steel... Comforts him.

"That's reassuring. At least you're less likely to fall now."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7