Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Into the Depths of Space - [6/6] - Down the rabbit hole.  (Read 9356 times)

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: Into the Depths of Space - [6/6] - Down the rabbit hole.
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2016, 08:34:05 pm »

She nods
Oh and I think I'm gonna be acting as your main defense most likely with the shield I have and I can certainly take some punishment.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2016, 08:45:17 pm »

"I'll just, I dunno, stab 'em?"
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2016, 08:47:38 pm »

I can also Handel the talking,I've gotten quite good at charming people over the year's I joined at 19 after all.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2016, 09:00:18 pm »

Ried puts a pair of earbuds in. He's heard this story about how she joined at 19 and blah blah blah. He'd heard enough for a lifetime and rather no listen to more. He turns on his crappy electronic music. Only thing he found that he likes.
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2016, 11:52:16 pm »

"Yeah, I gotta question..." Aleph raises his hand like a good kid, at least from the old generation before all those fancy new implants spoiled all the little brats.

Wait.

"Got any intel for us on the base layout, anything like that? You know, where the defensive turrets are so we don't get ripped apart on approach. Plus it'd be nice to know where to go 'stead of running around asking for directions."
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

squidgen

• Bay Watcher
  • [INKING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2016, 11:56:55 pm »

"I'd second that. Exploring is great and all, but I'd rather do it in one piece."

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2016, 12:29:11 am »

Airoyris yawns. I never seem to get enough sleep. He moans and then reluctantly joins the conversation.

"Alef or whatever, I think you might be able to keep up with me, lets take the flanks together. Let them do the talking, they'll thank us once the shooting starts."

And besides a gaint robo man partner is pretty good life insurance.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2016, 08:22:32 am »

"Yes, I'd be interested in that intel too, please... Any particular equipment to help us 'infiltrate'?" mentions Derek.

HavingPhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2016, 09:42:39 pm »

"Yeah, I gotta question..." Aleph raises his hand like a good kid, at least from the old generation before all those fancy new implants spoiled all the little brats.

Wait.

"Got any intel for us on the base layout, anything like that? You know, where the defensive turrets are so we don't get ripped apart on approach. Plus it'd be nice to know where to go 'stead of running around asking for directions."
"I'd second that. Exploring is great and all, but I'd rather do it in one piece."
"Yes, I'd be interested in that intel too, please... Any particular equipment to help us 'infiltrate'?" mentions Derek.

"Hrmm.. Good question. First piece of advice I have is on getting in. The shuttle will be landing you a short distance from an older section of the base, from when it was first formed decades ago. Chances are that the airlocks will be easy to blow open or hack through by interfacing with your armor. As for defenses on that side of the base: our scans indicate that there are three point-defense turrets on it's roof, primarily for shooting missiles and small craft down. Getting the shuttle in shouldn't be an issue with these, you'll just want to be sure that you don't fly too high and get fired upon by them. Other than that, you may find some security drones flitting around outside, if you don't think you can slip past them at least try and destroy them without them getting a picture of you."

"Again, once inside you all should blend in well. Openly armed and threatening, not unfamiliar for the people living on that station. Though there is some new surface construction at the new docks, intel suggests that most other new construction must be taking place deep underground on the moon because of the slow rate on it's surface. So, it's likely that is where you will find his hideout."

Hamlin stares into space for a moment as if running through a checklist, he momentarily snaps into focus and begins barking orders. "Now, times up! Everyone get into the shuttle, be sure to familiarize yourselves with the HUD's built into your helmet visors, and the additional functions and tools that your suit provides.  Also make sure you put them into vacuum mode, we'll be venting air from the shuttle as soon as it undocks, you won't need it on the moons surface. Remember, your armor can go for about two hours before needing a refill."

((In case someone doesn't know, HUD = Heads Up Display, such as the ammo count and health displays you see in video games. Now, you all can decide how much your own character knows about the suit's functions, possibly from previous use. If you want them to know it's functions already, I'll just describe them. For those who want to be clueless, we can have your characters try and figure it out.))

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2016, 09:50:10 pm »

((Eh 7ish years of military experience I'd say she'd knows about all the suits functions had plenty of time to try em..))

HavingPhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2016, 10:10:25 pm »

((Alright, I won't be making anymore large posts tonight. However, tomorrow everyone can get whatever description they choose to use along with the shuttle ride down to the moon.))

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2016, 11:10:56 pm »

"Eh, sounds good enough." He looks at his teammates.
"How far ya'll willing to hike in low gravity? Back of the envelope says the horizon's about 11 klicks away if we fly 250 meters over the surface. 'Bout seven if its a hundred meters, and uh... if you wanna fly 50 meters over the surface, it's five klicks, but that might be hard unless we got a..."

He had a sudden realization.

"...which one of is is flying?"
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 11:19:22 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2016, 11:20:54 pm »

I...could fly but asteroids could come out of nowhere and hit the ship but then again with me on board the asteroids will be coming regardless...so it wouldn't make a donation difference so yeah I'll fly if you want plus I have the neural stuff so I'm quick at reacting.
hope a ceiling light dosent fall on my head or something equally unlucky happens

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2016, 11:23:11 pm »

"I'm sure it could be worse. As for why we don't just disguise as a pirate vessel and just dock regularly, I'll never know."

Seeing a good descent before him, he unplugs his earbuds and blares Flight of the Valkyries.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2016, 11:32:54 pm »

"--yeah... maybe. What exactly qualifies as a 'pirate vessel,' anyhow?"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7