Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Into the Depths of Space - [6/6] - Down the rabbit hole.  (Read 9141 times)

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: Into the Depths of Space - [6/6] - Down the rabbit hole.
« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2016, 11:37:07 pm »

As long as there not bu-..ughhh...her palm meets her own face.
I am ashamed of the sheer stupidity of a thought I just had...[shadow,left,DarkGreen][/color]
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 11:39:12 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

squidgen

• Bay Watcher
  • [INKING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2016, 12:20:55 am »

"Maybe we should paint the ship with blood and stick a few skulls to the hull. If that doesn't say 'pirate ship' I don't know what does."

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2016, 12:26:33 am »

Nah I imagine pirate ships generally would look pretty worn cracked paint and messy repair jobs basically if the ship looks like shit it can certainly pass as a pirate ship.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2016, 01:02:14 am »

"I've never fought before with some much heavy gear." Airoyris comments while inspecting his helmet. Scour the HUD for features that might be useful in combat.

"I'm entering combat more or less empty handed, don't expect any flanking fire until I secure some heavier weapons from my enemies, post mortem.

"I'd feel safer if we didn't land our escape route in the the enemy hanger. Besides walking never hurt anyone- Erh- well mostly anyways. Let's get moving" Enter shuttle.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 01:10:05 am by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 25, 2016, 09:28:36 pm »

Board shuttle. Enrich everyone's day with some classical music.
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 25, 2016, 10:20:17 pm »

Board shuttle be careful.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2016, 03:49:55 am »

Also get ready to board.

HavingPhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2016, 09:27:35 pm »

Board shuttle be careful.
You did it! Phew... Did... Did the shuttles hull just creak a bit? No.. no! Must be hearing things...
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You all climb into the shuttle and activate vacuum mode on your armor, the armor itself is already covering most of your body, you see some diagnostics checks that last for about 5 seconds, and a note about being able to force the diagnostics to be skipped. A visor slides over each of your faces, covering them, there is a click and a light hiss of air as it locks into place sealing your armor. You feel the armor pull itself snugly against your skin across your whole body barring your head. The visors themselves are translucent from the interior of your suits, and are a matte black from the exterior. The over-eye HUD display slides into a compartment of your helmet, and the display switches over to the inside of your visor.

You can also keep the visor locked in non void situations if you wish, it provides minor protection from plain blades and shrapnel. It also ports your voice through exterior speakers.

The shuttle itself is very small, and the chamber you enter even smaller yet. It has seats for eight, you could maybe fit three more in the middle aisle if you strapped them down, five if you stuffed them in. There is a small cargo area which can be accessed from the outside of the shuttle.

There is no visible cockpit, and the shuttle is empty upon your entry.

The voice of Hamlin crackles through your headsets: "The shuttle will be launching momentarily after a few final checks. Once again, the air will be pumped out of it so there is no explosive decompression in case of a breach. The shuttle's flight AI will handle piloting the thing, it will fly you as low and fast as it can, so get ready for some high G's."

As if in response to his statement, the shuttle's hatch slams shut and the air starts pumping out of it's small chamber.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"I've never fought before with some much heavy gear." Airoyris comments while inspecting his helmet. Scour the HUD for features that might be useful in combat.

"I'm entering combat more or less empty handed, don't expect any flanking fire until I secure some heavier weapons from my enemies, post mortem.

"I'd feel safer if we didn't land our escape route in the the enemy hanger. Besides walking never hurt anyone- Erh- well mostly anyways. Let's get moving" Enter shuttle.

Everyone - Here is a description of your armor's functions:

You try a combination of random hand gestures, screaming and blinking morse code and find some useful things out about the suit. There are multiple ways of using the suit's tools and software utilities. First, you can use voice commands, either by stating the commands or setting up your own programs with their own start keywords. You have both an in-armor microphone and a sub-dermal one, so, it can hear even the faintest whisper of a command.

Second, you can indeed use hand gestures to control the HUD, normally it that functionality is disabled, however it could be useful if you are tied up or injured. Once again, you can program custom gestures.

Third, you can simply look at which HUD object you wish to use, and it can detect your eye movements accurately.

Those of you with assisted nervous systems, your armor is jacked directly into the coprocessor you get with the implant, allowing you to much more quickly control your armor. Those who don't have the implant can get an armor interface alone for one point. I'll be sure to add that update to the main post.

Now, on to the armor's functionality. It comes with a nice bright flashlight, and some LEDs, all which can be made whichever color you want, or turned off. It has cameras and microphones on it which can record data. You can use software to modify the speaker's output, such as the sound of your voice. Though some changes might require you to have some skill to achieve, unless you buy aftermarket software which handles it. The armor comes with various sensors, including ones for acceleration, temperature, radiation, magnetic fields, light level, and atmospherics. It's boots allow you a magnetic lock into metal. You find that the armor's comes with a 3 inch long, spring release, steel blade that pops out of your wrist (think Assassins Creed). It can be retracted, removed for other uses, and placed back in. The armor also allows you to zoom in your view with built in binoculars, allowing you to see quite far, at high detail. Doubling as a weak microscope.

Last, you note that the armor's functionality can all be programmed to commands that allow more complex control schemes and actions.

((Let me know if anything that might seem obvious was missed, quite a bit going on with that.))

You all feel a thump pulse through the shuttle, the docking clamps detaching. For thirty seconds there are nothing but weak maneuvering pulses. It's all very tame, that's when a world's weight sits atop your body and a distant voice smugly says "Good luck". The shuttle floors it out of the ship and towards the moon, your flight seats swivel at their bases as they adjust to the new thrust vector. It seems as if the pain of high thrust is never going to end when it cuts of shortly and some there are more small maneuvering pulses. The thrust kicks in again, whipping your chairs around 180 degrees towards the thrust vector.

The rest of the trip consists of more hard maneuvering and painful G forces. The shuttle finally stops moving with a hard thump, landing. You all pile out of the shuttle to see yourselves on a hilly plane, a big boring rocky plane in all directions except one. With your binoculars you see the station a kilometer away, various antennas, dishes, and solar panels lining it's top. You can't see any of the ships docked to it from here, as they are on the other side of the station, it's newer side. Just as the ship scans said, you do see a few drones flying above the station, occasionally popping in and out of hidden nooks, possibly resupplying or recharging.

You can only see two of the three point defense turrets at this angle.

You see a few red colored airlocks the station's exterior, and a suited person screwing with one of the turrets. The turret itself is rapidly spinning around, out of control. Occasionally the barrel lowers or raises, forcing the person to move out of the way.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2016, 09:39:09 pm »

Ried walks to the airlock. He looks at the guy repairing the turret.

"Yo. Is it alright if we go through this door?"
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2016, 09:46:58 pm »

Hello it's nice to get acquainted? May we enter?
say this in a way so they can hear it,enable hand gestures,keep visor tightly locked the light is set to be the same color as my text turn all microphones and cameras on for nonstop recording ready self prepare to open fire if nesscary.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 10:17:40 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2016, 09:48:17 pm »

"Oh wait. Vacuum. Right."

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 26, 2016, 09:49:35 pm »

Walk directly to the airlock. Inspect for external controls.

squidgen

• Bay Watcher
  • [INKING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 26, 2016, 10:14:56 pm »

Ugh, that was a new experience.
Double check suit systems to make sure they all survived the shuttle ride.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2016, 11:51:37 pm »

'Hmm, you guys go ahead with that...' Aleph echoes over the comms. 'I'll watch our flank.'

And by that, he meant to hide in a crater behind the others, but still close enough behind to act. An airless rocky body should have them, no? Unless this area is geologically young of course, that might be advantageous to base construction. If that's the case, then hide on the other side of a hill, prone and looking over the edge with binoculars.

Regardless of whether or not they get caught, look for ways to sneak up on the maintenance worker. He's a liability.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 12:01:10 am by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 26, 2016, 11:59:40 pm »

Program senors and HUD to track metal objects when the blade is deployed and to display a visual warning for sudden movements out of my field of vision at all times. This will keep people from sneaking up on me, also hopefully these sensors will let me keep track of knives and guns in close quarters.

Use the others as a distraction to start scaling (not vertically) the compound past the worker. Airoyris mutters to Aleph over the intercom, "Aleph, let's find an alternate entrance. We might want to grab that guy, his suit might have information, if you plug into it we might be able to pinpoint an another entrance."
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 12:44:41 am by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7