Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Into the Depths of Space - [6/6] - Down the rabbit hole.  (Read 9142 times)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: Into the Depths of Space - [6/6] - Down the rabbit hole.
« Reply #60 on: March 27, 2016, 12:05:12 am »

"Let's find an alternate entrance. We might want to grab that guy, his suit might have information, if you plug into it we might be able to pinpoint an another entrance."

'Grab him? Eh, that's uh, not a bad idea. But if he screams over the radio we might be in some deep scheiße. I say we take him out, preferably helmet first. Vacuum should suck the air out of his lungs before he can say anything. Anything intelligible, at least. The base'll probably just think he got hit by that turret.'
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 27, 2016, 12:41:24 am »

"Deal. Tell me, you ever kill someone like that? I'll let you do that. I'm going to continue around the compound, though send me any maps you get."

Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 27, 2016, 08:13:30 am »

Open airlock through any confrols or ,if no controls, force.
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

HavingPhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 27, 2016, 02:04:19 pm »

Hello it's nice to get acquainted? May we enter?
say this in a way so they can hear it,enable hand gestures,keep visor tightly locked the light is set to be the same color as my text turn all microphones and cameras on for nonstop recording ready self prepare to open fire if nesscary.

You set up everything to record, including comm channels, and customize your suit lights. You try wave your hands at the guy but he seems oblivious to what is going on. You switch through some general comms channels and finally the guy picks his head up and looks around. He ducks again as the turret swings back around and crawls out of the danger zone, finally seeing you standing there. He stands up and shrugs: "What? More merc recruits practicing for void missions? I though I told you to stop hanging around the PD turrets! Next thing I know someone gets shredded by one and my ass is on a platter. *a loud sigh* The door is unlocked, go in..."

Ugh, that was a new experience.
Double check suit systems to make sure they all survived the shuttle ride.
You run an inbuilt diagnostics program and all systems are green, no errors.

Walk directly to the airlock. Inspect for external controls.

You find a small panel with a keyboard on it, and a plug that fits your suit. A control program starts up in your armor HUD, and you find an opening sequence. The airlock outer door opens up moments later.

'Hmm, you guys go ahead with that...' Aleph echoes over the comms. 'I'll watch our flank.'

And by that, he meant to hide in a crater behind the others, but still close enough behind to act. An airless rocky body should have them, no? Unless this area is geologically young of course, that might be advantageous to base construction. If that's the case, then hide on the other side of a hill, prone and looking over the edge with binoculars.

Regardless of whether or not they get caught, look for ways to sneak up on the maintenance worker. He's a liability.

You sit yourself down inside a nice large crater and examine the scene with your binoculars.

The man is distracted by your team mates while Airoyris walks himself along the wall of the complex looking for more entrances. There are several cube projections coming out of the stations roof, you could go behind one of those and take the man by surprise.

Program senors and HUD to track metal objects when the blade is deployed and to display a visual warning for sudden movements out of my field of vision at all times. This will keep people from sneaking up on me, also hopefully these sensors will let me keep track of knives and guns in close quarters.

Use the others as a distraction to start scaling (not vertically) the compound past the worker. Airoyris mutters to Aleph over the intercom, "Aleph, let's find an alternate entrance. We might want to grab that guy, his suit might have information, if you plug into it we might be able to pinpoint an another entrance."

The program is set and ready to go. You think that it might require some real use to truly fine tune the program to perfection.

You scale the station for a good distance, finding a secondary airlock and several charging ports for drones. Several of the pieces of equipment on the roof are connected to pieces of wire which are strapped to the side of the station. Clearly the people who built this old section of the station just threw it together in a hurry.

The airlock is not special in any way at first glance. There is a keyboard and a plugin for your suit. You look it over once more and see some faded out paint on the ceiling of the lock, it says "In Station Comms".

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 27, 2016, 02:08:08 pm »

Carefully yet casually walk in lightly survey the room don't have or let a meteor or something hit me always be prepared to block and dodge.

Thank you sir time for me to bid you farewell.
((With bad luck like hers paranoia is required.))
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 02:10:30 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 27, 2016, 02:17:27 pm »

Follow DBZ as the identified most reasonable member of the squad.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 27, 2016, 02:43:08 pm »

Have my devoted follower distract the guy while I sneak behind the target and try to smash his helmet.

EDIT: If I succeed, enter Airoyris' airlock.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 12:33:49 am by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 27, 2016, 02:46:55 pm »

((I think my character is very reasonable but yeah hanging with dbz is safer definitely))

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 27, 2016, 07:24:19 pm »

"Let's just waltz on in. They probably won't be able to tell we aren't one of them. And there isn't much out here for us anyway."

Walk into the airlock room. Wait for the others.

(Mine is pretty reasonable. And straightforward. I mean there is no need to sneak in. We blend in just fine.)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 07:26:38 pm by Sosoku234 »
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

squidgen

• Bay Watcher
  • [INKING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 27, 2016, 07:35:07 pm »

Enter the airlock.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 27, 2016, 07:36:37 pm »

((Yeah my characters face would certainly fit in.))

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 28, 2016, 11:21:56 pm »

"Aleph, drone charging posts, you worked with robots right? A captured drone might be useful.

Deploy my blade, unholster pistol wave it around in my vison to see if my program works, afterwards holster both."

"I've found an entrance over here, "In station comms," promising."

"You should get over here Aleph, after your done over there."

Open airlock and prepare to act causal in case I meet someone on the otherside.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

HavingPhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 29, 2016, 03:16:04 pm »

"Aleph, drone charging posts, you worked with robots right? A captured drone might be useful.

Deploy my blade, unholster pistol wave it around in my vison to see if my program works, afterwards holster both."

"I've found an entrance over here, "In station comms," promising."

"You should get over here Aleph, after your done over there."

Open airlock and prepare to act causal in case I meet someone on the otherside.
You release your blades and pistol waving them in your main view, it highlights them just fine, but it also is highlighting some of the metal of the station. It also gives you a proximity warning if you yourself move to quickly towards a wall or ceiling. You hop into the lock and wait for the others.
Follow DBZ as the identified most reasonable member of the squad.
Have my devoted follower distract the guy while I sneak behind the target and try to smash his helmet.

EDIT: If I succeed, enter Airoyris' airlock.

Aleph follows the rim of the crater he is sitting in, moving out of the mans field of view.

Derek strolls over to the ground below the PD turret and gets the man's attention over comms, keeping him distracted.

Aleph glides across the moons surface gracefully and scales the stations wall. He takes position behind a half wall, examining the situation for the last time.

The man is now ranting over comms about distractions from his work and finally gives up and turns around, going back to his repairs. Derek watches as Aleph darts through the void like an arrow and strikes the man straight in the head with his armored knees, the grabs onto the spinning turret and brings himself to a rest. The man makes a fearful squeak before dying, and then... silence.

Everyone:
Both Aleph and Derek follow Airoyris into the airlock leading to what might be a comms room.
Squidgen and AbstractTraitorHero, since you were vague about which airlock you wanted to enter I'm just going to have you enter the one with Sosoku234/Reid Johnson. That way it's three and three for the airlocks.

WunderKatze, lawastooshort, and _DivideByZero_:
You all climb into the airlock and hit the cycle button, the outer door closes and air begins to flow into the chamber. The inner door opens, you see a room full of old computers and electronics equipment, and a scrawny man sitting in a chair surrounded by several large displays, each showing a different program. He is talking loudly into a microphone when he hears the airlock open. He takes his hand off the microphone's button and looks at you.

"Who the hell are you!?", he grunts as he swivels his chair around and starts tearing open drawers as if looking something. "I don't know which clown posse you're part of, but if you're with Scalper-" he rolls his eyes, and sighs "-then I've already had enough of his shit... and I have paid the damn protection money... and you know what else!?! THAT, IS MY AIRLOCK! So what are YOU doing in it!?!" He goes back to searching the drawers, jumping between that and glaring at you.

Sososku234, AbstractTraitorHero, and squidgen:
You all climb into the airlock and hit the cycle button, the outer door closes and air begins to flow into the chamber. The inner door opens, you see a very small room with rusted metal flooring and a single dim overhead light. Various pipes and cables are routed on the walls and held into place by small metal hooks and tape. There is a large piles of old junk and various pieces of trash in one corner of the room.

Is that... an eye.. in the trash heap?

Something leaps up out of the trash heap, slamming into an overhead pipe and screeching. You see a strong looking man with ragged clothes and shaggy hair fall into a heap on the ground. He blinks rapidly and stares at your feet for a moment before bolting to his feet and staring into the matte black domes of each of your suits.

His face perks up into a goofy smile, perhaps with a bit of mischief in it. "Woooo, Visitors! Wulcome ta mah aboode. Firts tings firts... geeve me mah toll! Tats mah ahheer-lock..." He swings his arms into wild gestures as he speaks, that goofy smile never leaving his face. A drop of his drool falls to the ground.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 29, 2016, 03:28:23 pm »

((Is there oxygen in the airlock...you know safe to take off my helmet?))

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 29, 2016, 06:02:54 pm »

"I'm sorry. I forgot what the toll was. Can you remind me?"
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7