Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Into the Depths of Space - [6/6] - Down the rabbit hole.  (Read 9146 times)

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: Into the Depths of Space - [6/6] - Down the rabbit hole.
« Reply #75 on: March 29, 2016, 06:12:38 pm »

If there's oxygen take my helmet off and give him a big smile and a kiss on the forehead then put my helmet back on.
That good enough sweetheart?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 07:11:38 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

squidgen

• Bay Watcher
  • [INKING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 29, 2016, 07:05:35 pm »

"Oh right, the toll. What was it again er... Sir?

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 29, 2016, 10:45:29 pm »

'You all heard that squeal? Sorry, my mic must have been on,' Aleph whispers over the comms.

He turns to the scrawny man.

"Ah, ahem, we are visitors from a group of mercenaries known as the Shadow Fellowship. We've come to talk about conscripting some of your station's personnel,"
He steps forward in anticipation.
"...as target practice."

Lunge at the mic first and foremost, pushing it off the table with both arms and try to brace myself against the table with one of the arms. Elbow the scrawny weakling in the face with my other hand.

Spoiler: Proposed sneaky action (click to show/hide)

((Waiting on input from the other two dudes. About not murdering people, well...))
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 12:24:26 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 30, 2016, 12:42:49 am »

"You think your fast enough?" Airoyris whispers nudging Aleph. You can take the 'Fun action.'

I figured the wall's metal would trigger it. Add parameters to the program to filter objects of obtuse dimensions and make sure to incorporate any ability the suit has to recognize weapons. Also change the motion sensing program to calculate objects' acceleration and velocity from a inertial frame, ignoring my suits own acceleration and velocity at all times.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 12:24:22 pm by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 30, 2016, 08:57:32 am »

Derek prepares to draw his pistol, discreetly.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 30, 2016, 12:26:56 pm »

"I was hit in the head, just a little while ago, and I don't remember much. Who're you again?"
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

HavingPhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 30, 2016, 03:10:00 pm »

All:
((I realise there hasn't been any adversity to great for six skilled and well equiped soldiers. Don't worry I'm going to start laying on the challenges. It might not be constant difficulty, but it will be there.))

((Is there oxygen in the airlock...you know safe to take off my helmet?))
Yeah, at this point both of the airlocks' outer doors leading to space have been closed and you are all safe to take the helmets off.

"I'm sorry. I forgot what the toll was. Can you remind me?"
"Weeelll... Yor must valueeable ting of caws!". He follows up that statement by diving into his trash heap, made of things which obviously weren't the most valuable possesions of people.

If there's oxygen take my helmet off and give him a big smile and a kiss on the forehead then put my helmet back on.
That good enough sweetheart?

You take off your helmet. There is a look of awe as the man sees your grizzly face. You kiss him on the forehead, smelling a strong odor of alcohol as when close. "You pass... they payeee toooll."

'You all heard that squeal? Sorry, my mic must have been on,' Aleph whispers over the comms.

He turns to the scrawny man.

"Ah, ahem, we are visitors from a group of mercenaries known as the Shadow Fellowship. We've come to talk about conscripting some of your station's personnel,"
He steps forward in anticipation.
"...as target practice."

Lunge at the mic first and foremost, pushing it off the table with both arms and try to brace myself against the table with one of the arms. Elbow the scrawny weakling in the face with my other hand.

Spoiler: Proposed sneaky action (click to show/hide)

((Waiting on input from the other two dudes. About not murdering people, well...))
[2+2]
You dart towards the man and slap the mic straight off of the table, it makes a thud as it smacks into a monitor. The man is faster than you might have thought, you swing around to elbow him and your aim is off, you instead hit him in his shoulder. He recoils a bit and thrusts at you with a knife, the knife nearly hits you sliding right past your head.

Derek prepares to draw his pistol, discreetly.
You slide your hand down to your pistol, ready to draw at moments notice. You watch as Aleph slaps the mic into a monitor, cracking it. Then nearly is stabbed in the visor with a knife.

"You think your fast enough?" Airoyris whispers nudging Aleph. You can take the 'Fun action.'

I figured the wall's metal would trigger it. Add parameters to the program to filter objects of obtuse dimensions and make sure to incorporate any ability the suit has to recognize weapons. Also change the motion sensing program to calculate objects' acceleration and velocity from a inertial frame, ignoring my suits own acceleration and velocity at all times.
You do so. You think it will be much better once you have more spare time to optimize the code, such as after the mission. It should do pretty well for now though. In a quick test it does much better in not detecting the metal structure of the station and understands movement much better. Some pattern recognition software should help in recognizing metal things which might be dangerous. You'll probably need to upgrade the processors on your suit to make it exceptional though.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 30, 2016, 03:26:32 pm »

Hand him one of the canteen/flasks of alcohol.
if you let my friends pass you can have that.
Charm WITH BOOZE! if it works go through the airlock that he was trying to toll.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 30, 2016, 04:26:06 pm »

"Well. Here have this."

Hand him one of my grenades. Not live, of course.

"May I pass?"
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 30, 2016, 07:03:07 pm »

Shit! Attack the man with my deployable blade and  draw my pistol. Shoot him if the blade attack fails.

"Hey, hey now. Calm down." Airoyris says to the man, his actions betraying his tone.

"Let me do the set up, you back me up next time."
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

squidgen

• Bay Watcher
  • [INKING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 30, 2016, 08:23:17 pm »

Take off my helmet.
"You can have the air in this helmet. It's extremely valuable, really!

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 30, 2016, 11:02:09 pm »

Stay away so that I don't get hit. Instead pick up the monitor and prepare to bash the dude in the head with it if he attacks myself or Ai.

Afterward, if possible, check to see if our new recruit is logged in to anything important on his computer. See if I can make a backup of the system's current statefile, so that I can restore the current state at any time without having to log in again.

"Noted. We just had a hard time finding recruits, that's all."

Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 31, 2016, 01:34:20 am »

Dash to disconnect the microphone, in case.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 03, 2016, 06:04:49 pm »

((Bump))

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 13, 2016, 12:08:20 am »

((Hope the GMs okay probably sick or something hope they come back I like what I've seen of the game so far.))
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7