Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Got to like how deep the fighting is in adventure mode.  (Read 4131 times)

Turtle138

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Got to like how deep the fighting is in adventure mode.
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2016, 09:44:18 pm »

I've never seen a tabletop with fighting nearly as in-depth as DF's. Does anyone know a tabletop with damage to limbs inhibiting fighting? There was one system where everyone starts out as max level, then they lose EXP when they get hurt until everyone is a scarred old man.
Well, I think F.A.T.A.L. might have had that. It certainly had a lot of other unnecessary details. Far, far too many unnecessary details. If you don't know what F.A.T.A.L. is I recommend continuing to not know.

Oh gosh..

Turtle138

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2016, 09:48:15 pm »

Just really like these 'old style' (is what some will call it) games and rouge likes.

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2016, 06:46:16 pm »

UnReal World had a living world. The combat isn't nearly as detailed but you can still aim at parts in a broad sense. Legs, arms, torso, and head. More specific attacks when a creature is knocked out or asleep though with attacks to the head, throat, chest, and gut.
All is silence. The road is straight, without turning, in darkness. Now let there be an end to all things.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2016, 07:25:15 pm »

UnReal World had a living world. The combat isn't nearly as detailed but you can still aim at parts in a broad sense. Legs, arms, torso, and head. More specific attacks when a creature is knocked out or asleep though with attacks to the head, throat, chest, and gut.

I never played much of unreal world. I heard i wa sgood though, doe sit really have  a living world in the same sense dwarf fortress does?
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Turtle138

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2016, 12:09:21 am »

I never played much of unreal world. I heard i wa sgood though, doe sit really have  a living world in the same sense dwarf fortress does?
I would like to have that same question answered as well.
Pages: 1 [2]