Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which starting entity?

Byzantines (Orthodox/Iconoclast, Feudal)
- 14 (70%)
Middle Francia + West France (Catholic, Feudal)
- 6 (30%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19

Author Topic: Crusader Kings II Multiplayer Thread  (Read 29651 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings II Multiplayer Thread
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2016, 05:52:34 pm »

For our first actual game we should probably set some ground rules. Stuff like having everyone be underneath the same Kingdom/Empire, Elective Succession Laws on the topmost title... Stuff like that. Maybe make it so that we have to respect each other's primary title? So you can't steal land from the King of Poland if they're another player, unless their primary title is the King of Lithuania or something like that? Does that sound good to everyone? If Conclave is included then the top-liege should probably have every other player as part of their council if possible, just to make things more interesting and political.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2016, 05:56:25 pm »

While all that's planning, I'm still trying to figure out this hosting thing. Try again, "Putnam" "narpassword". I forwarded my ports.

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2016, 05:56:39 pm »

Alright, and we should start with roughly the same power base. We can't have tribal Irish counts going up against Baselius Baselios Makedon. I agree with no stealing primary titles, but just de jure land. For example, taking a county in Ireland away from the King of England would be OK, but taking away Middlesex would not.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2016, 05:57:14 pm »

For our first actual game we should probably set some ground rules. Stuff like having everyone be underneath the same Kingdom/Empire, Elective Succession Laws on the topmost title... Stuff like that. Maybe make it so that we have to respect each other's primary title? So you can't steal land from the King of Poland if they're another player, unless their primary title is the King of Lithuania or something like that? Does that sound good to everyone? If Conclave is included then the top-liege should probably have every other player as part of their council if possible, just to make things more interesting and political.

Sounds good to me.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2016, 05:57:32 pm »

You could always just switch characters if worse comes to worse. That's a thing you can do every time the host has to rehost AFAIK.

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2016, 06:00:48 pm »

Sounds fine to me. I'm still fine with Byzantines, but the pagan empire sounds good too.
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2016, 06:02:19 pm »

While all that's planning, I'm still trying to figure out this hosting thing. Try again, "Putnam" "narpassword". I forwarded my ports.

is this working

i have a thing to go to in a couple hours

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2016, 06:03:27 pm »

What about a start date?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2016, 06:04:18 pm »

Server still not working. I hit the "Join ID" button right?  ???

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2016, 06:07:19 pm »

I don't own Charlemagne so I have no opinion on that, but I don't really care otherwise. I do get kinda sick of seeing mashpotatoes Europe though so a 1066 or later start might be better.
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2016, 06:09:47 pm »

Okay, it is established that I can host and that I can host between computers and probably post the save in the worst case.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2016, 06:10:33 pm »

Server still not working. I hit the "Join ID" button right?  ???

I managed to join, apparently it was the "refresh internet" button to make it show all the servers that were kicking about... unless it was the "refresh servers" or whatever button.

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2016, 06:11:55 pm »

Right, click buttons until something works.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2016, 06:12:49 pm »

Pretty much.

Edit: poll up for start date, 'cause that's like, totes more important than who we want to be. /yehp
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 06:15:26 pm by hector13 »

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2016, 06:15:59 pm »

Putnam, where are you hosting from?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19