Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which starting entity?

Byzantines (Orthodox/Iconoclast, Feudal)
- 14 (70%)
Middle Francia + West France (Catholic, Feudal)
- 6 (30%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19

Author Topic: Crusader Kings II Multiplayer Thread  (Read 29652 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings II Multiplayer Thread
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2016, 06:18:53 pm »

Also just noticed there's a bit more variance to start dates, but... bugger it.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2016, 06:24:32 pm »

Wait what the fuck do you guys intend to play it now it's like midnight in civilized parts of world and the week just started. Chill people, wait until weekend at least or something.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2016, 06:26:55 pm »

Wait what the fuck do you guys intend to play it now it's like midnight in civilized parts of world and the week just started. Chill people, wait until weekend at least or something.

I bloody hope not :|

Just trying to get folk to decide on a start date so we can narrow down who we want to play as. Though that probably won't happen...

We're (by which I mean people other than me) are testing to see if Putnam can actually host. Nothing's actually happening and we may as well get all the details sorted out now.

Putnam can host. I managed to connect, and he apparently managed to save to the cloud *shrug* I think that's as far as he was going with that :))
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2016, 06:31:23 pm »

Alright, and we should start with roughly the same power base. We can't have tribal Irish counts going up against Baselius Baselios Makedon. I agree with no stealing primary titles, but just de jure land. For example, taking a county in Ireland away from the King of England would be OK, but taking away Middlesex would not.

This kind of defeats the whole point of the game, doesn't it? I mean, from this it follows that "Ireland isn't allowed to try to unify great Britain because I rule England already," and "I'm starting as a king, so nobody is allowed to start as a count" (personally I've had more fun starting as a count in Ireland, than as a king or emperor anywhere else)

But more importantly, time zones how?
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2016, 06:32:39 pm »

Alright, and we should start with roughly the same power base. We can't have tribal Irish counts going up against Baselius Baselios Makedon. I agree with no stealing primary titles, but just de jure land. For example, taking a county in Ireland away from the King of England would be OK, but taking away Middlesex would not.

This kind of defeats the whole point of the game, doesn't it? I mean, from this it follows that "Ireland isn't allowed to try to unify great Britain because I rule England already," and "I'm starting as a king, so nobody is allowed to start as a count" (personally I've had more fun starting as a count in Ireland, than as a king or emperor anywhere else)

But more importantly, time zones how?

What do you mean time zones?

it's like midnight in civilized parts of world
Hey, it's 7:30 here in the US and we're very civilized.

Civilized.

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2016, 06:38:58 pm »

I think getting peoples timezones and planning sessions can come after we decide what the base rules are.
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2016, 06:39:59 pm »

I say earliest one so we have the most time to mash potatoes turn Europe into what we want.
My idea is that we start as counts all over Europe as pagans (also Jews, Zunists, Zoroastrians) (I claim Slavic Polan because muh patriotism) and then we murder Christianity and Islam because fuck those guys, am I right? Also, Aztecs enabled because we won't proably last until 1200s but if we will some kind of external challenge would be nice.

Also, does ruler designer work in CK2 Ironman? I don't think it does...

Hey, it's 7:30 here in the US and we're very civilized.
The only American civilizations I heard of were steamrolled by Europeans a long time ago. :P
On more serious note - let's wait with the actual game until weekend because then people might actually have time. It's also holidays in some parts of world, the civilized ones, so...
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2016, 06:45:19 pm »

I dunno about the counties thing since it seems like it would just end with lots of player-made megablobs. Maybe we can consolidate Eastern Europe into a non-Abrahamic blob. 
Wasteland 1 & 2

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2016, 06:48:20 pm »

I dunno about the counties thing since it seems like it would just end with lots of player-made megablobs. Maybe we can consolidate Eastern Europe into a non-Abrahamic blob.
One guy needs to hold at least 3 sites to reform, so unless we scum a bit by giving away the counties somehow, we are going to end with at least four (Slavic, Romuva, Suwhateverfinlandis, Tengri(?), and possibly Germanic) blobs.

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2016, 06:50:14 pm »

I like the pagan idea. Each person picks a pagan faith and tries to reform before game end. First person to reform wins.

also, Kot, the Finnish religion is Suomenusko  ;D

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2016, 06:52:56 pm »

Su... Suomensk... Suomenskuo... Somenusko... Soeumunesko...
FUCKING FINNISH HOW DO THEY WORK?!

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2016, 06:57:12 pm »

I still like the elective kingdom/empire idea better, but making a Zunist nomad horde is appealing to me, so really I'm fine with both.
Wasteland 1 & 2

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2016, 06:58:40 pm »

I like the pagan idea. Each person picks a pagan faith and tries to reform before game end. First person to reform wins.

also, Kot, the Finnish religion is Suomenusko  ;D

Nah... I'm reasonably sure one of them is super easy to reform early.

Also, no weekends :P I ain't starting a thread I can't take part in :'(

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2016, 06:59:47 pm »

What is this "win" of which you speak?

Kot: I tried ruler designer in ironman shortly after they added ironman, but kept getting the historical characters instead of the ones I designed.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2016, 07:02:10 pm »

Nah... I'm reasonably sure one of them is super easy to reform early.
Romuva has all three sites within Lithuania. Norse get Viking doomstacks. Slavs are pain in ass because they're scattered all over Eastern Europe. Finns have two sites in Finland, the third being in Novogrod, so they're also pretty easy. Tengris are good enough to never really die out in the game. Zunists and West African are proably horrible to reform.

There are also Aztecs but they kinda don't count.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19