Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 73

Author Topic: Latin American Politics: Moralism  (Read 94016 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Latin American Politics: Venezuelan Civil Unrest
« Reply #780 on: April 30, 2019, 08:59:31 pm »

Could just be because it's the most recent coup that has attracted international attention like this.

No idea about the Turkey coup, but from a The Guardian liveblog post, it sounds like Guaidos hand got forced. It was apparently going to be done at a somewhat later date, but Guaidos arrest was imminent (or they thought it was) and most of the strong military support that they had, balked at the last minute when they decided to move up the date to today.

Also, one has gotta wonder where Bolton is getting his intel from... I saw his earlier claim as BS straight away since if those aides really were plotting secretly, it'd seem like a REALLY bad idea to call out the fact that they exist, let alone call them out by name.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2019, 09:15:18 pm by smjjames »

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: April 30, 2019, 09:42:42 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 01:33:37 pm by dragdeler »
let

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: April 30, 2019, 10:36:36 pm »

Well wasn't the thing with turkey that shortly after they got a new constitution? I know this is wild speculation but could it have been planned that support dwindles in the last minute? Like, via a false sense of assurance?

If it was planned, it certainly wasn't planned by Guaido.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: May 01, 2019, 05:48:18 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Well at any rate this ended up being more of the same, or so it seems. Yesterday a lot of streets were blocked and protests were held until late.

Let's see what happens today, but I dont have high hopes. Hey at least I'm not eating my own words.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2019, 05:53:30 am by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: May 01, 2019, 06:33:06 am »

Let's see what happens today, but I dont have high hopes. Hey at least I'm not eating my own words.
Unfortunately, you're not eating a whole lot else either...

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: May 01, 2019, 06:53:10 am »

Hahaha... see what you did there... well I have power AND internet at the same time, praise be R'hllor!
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: May 01, 2019, 02:15:58 pm »

Venezuala, Iraq, Libya, Iran, differences notwithstanding, it seems that Coca-Cola is not the only black death on the planet.  ;)

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: May 01, 2019, 06:32:56 pm »

Also, one has gotta wonder where Bolton is getting his intel from... I saw his earlier claim as BS straight away since if those aides really were plotting secretly, it'd seem like a REALLY bad idea to call out the fact that they exist, let alone call them out by name.

Could also be trying to sow doubt in Maduro or his administration.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: May 02, 2019, 05:36:14 am »

Yesterday there were more protests, some of them turned into riots. Not much info besides that. The mob insists everything is in order and we should carry on but today there are more protests scheduled. Ph and the body count already started.

We got our power cut twice instead of a single time wich is odd but no unherad off. And currently there's no internet, and my phone data is unreliable and unestable at best.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2019, 05:38:29 am by LordBaal »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: May 02, 2019, 08:37:36 am »

Yesterday there were more protests, some of them turned into riots. Not much info besides that. The mob insists everything is in order and we should carry on but today there are more protests scheduled. Ph and the body count already started.

We got our power cut twice instead of a single time wich is odd but no unherad off. And currently there's no internet, and my phone data is unreliable and unestable at best.

the mob or The Mob? ;)

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: May 02, 2019, 08:46:10 am »

Post to hear more about the problems in Latin America

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: May 02, 2019, 09:26:06 am »

the mob or The Mob? ;)

I think he means the ultimate mob, the state.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: May 02, 2019, 09:55:01 am »

The Mob as in mafia, no the pitchfork and torches one, that would be us. Darn, I forgot you need capitalization in English more than in spanish.

Just saw a video of a national broadcast that was underway were the defense minister just openly state "they are trying to bought us" and Maduro's reaction was so fucking genuine and scaredy glaring him as he turns his head and locks on with Maduro's.

Until now they all have stoically rejected any claims of being in contact with anyone from the US and sudenly yes, this confirm that at least some bargains were cooking under the table.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2019, 09:58:58 am by LordBaal »

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: May 02, 2019, 10:04:44 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 01:33:41 pm by dragdeler »
let
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 73