Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 73

Author Topic: Latin American Politics: Moralism  (Read 93984 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Latin American Politics: Nepotism Burgers
« Reply #840 on: July 14, 2019, 01:10:51 pm »

What? No, the fasch take the train
Love, scriver~

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: July 14, 2019, 02:03:52 pm »

What? No, the fasch take the train

It’s mostly just to advertise their timeliness, though.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: July 20, 2019, 06:52:35 pm »

Pocket has just solved hunger it seems, says "Speaking about starving in brazil is big lie"
Sure thing dude, no doubt about it, no way people are starving.
In a time before time, I had a name.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: July 21, 2019, 09:06:15 am »

Pocket has just solved hunger it seems, says "Speaking about starving in brazil is big lie"
Sure thing dude, no doubt about it, no way people are starving.
I totally didn't see a man starving on the street yesterday. No sir.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: August 05, 2019, 09:16:18 pm »

Bolsonaro may not understand what nepotism is. When asked about how he will do once the senate blocks his obviously idiotic nomination for ambassador he answered:
"Sim, o Senado pode barrar sim. Mas imagine que no dia seguinte eu demita o Ernesto Araújo e coloque meu filho. Ele não vai ser embaixador, ele vai comandar 200 embaixadores e agregados mundo afora. Alguém vai tirar meu filho de lá? Hipocrisia de vocês"

"Yes, the Senate can block alright. But imagine that to following day I fire Ernesto Araújo [foreign minister] and put my son. He won't be ambassador, he will command 200 ambassadors and aggregates around the world. Is someone going to take my son out of there? Hypocrisy of you guys."

It seems he also doesn't understand what hypocrisy means. Tough I must admit, it feels weird to have him just announce "I'm committing a crime" to the press like that. I may have said it before, but it was funnier when I Just pointed and laughed at you Americans and your dumb president.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: August 05, 2019, 11:12:51 pm »

Does Brazil have nepotism laws? It may be like here in the US though where there is a nepotism law for putting family members in senate confirmable positions, but there are grey areas.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: August 06, 2019, 07:09:09 am »

Does Brazil have nepotism laws? It may be like here in the US though where there is a nepotism law for putting family members in senate confirmable positions, but there are grey areas.
It's a grey area.

EDIT: ...aaaand now the pocket fascist is comparing himself to Johnny Bravo unironically, and his supporters (known now as "the cattle") are memeing about that as if it was a good thing. This is despite, y'know, Johnny Bravo being a parody of misogynistic, fragile masculinity. So a perfect fit, heh.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 10:21:56 am by Teneb »
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: August 06, 2019, 01:48:39 pm »

Note on the grey area thing: decreto 7203 makes it very much illegal, tough enforcement is pretty weak. Bolsonaro knows about that since he talked about having 'put relatives before nepotism was illegal' before.

The important part ia that the decree does not specify political nominations, but focus on government contracts.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: August 07, 2019, 05:26:20 am »

It's a grey area.

EDIT: ...aaaand now the pocket fascist is comparing himself to Johnny Bravo unironically, and his supporters (known now as "the cattle") are memeing about that as if it was a good thing. This is despite, y'know, Johnny Bravo being a parody of misogynistic, fragile masculinity. So a perfect fit, heh.

Time to make hundreds of gifs of Johnny Bravo with Bolsonaro's head getting turned down by cartoon women
Love, scriver~

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: August 27, 2019, 10:26:03 am »

In other news, G7 countries offered money for Brazil to deal with the Amazon. Bolsonaro said no and bitched about colonialism.

This is a beautifully succinct and poetic summary of basically the whole situation. You can even generalise it!

In other news, [thing involving Brazil]. Bolsonaro said no and bitched about colonialism.

To segue towards more Latin American centric, can't the other South American countries pressure him? After all, that smoke isn't going to contain itself to Brazil and it's already turning day to night in places. Plus theres the whole Mercosur-EU trade deal that is being threatened by Bolsonaro's activities and it sounds like it's a pretty major thing for even Brazil should it go through.

Also, Bolsonaro seems somehow even LESS diplomatically inclined than Trump because he once blew off the French FM (as mentioned by Macron as one of the things about Bolsonaro that pissed him off) by cancelling a meeting due to 'scheduling conflicts' or something and then showing up getting a haircut. Somehow Trump seems to have enough sense to not be caught like that when citing 'scheduling conflicts'.

All in all, I'm surprised he even tries to fight the fires in the first place (unless something of monetary value is threatened, OH WAIT, THE AMAZON HAS MONETARY VALUE!!!!!!!!11!!11! just in ways Bolsonaro apparently can't comprehend!) since theres clearly a 'let it burn' attitude/vibe I'm getting.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: August 27, 2019, 01:50:21 pm »

All in all, I'm surprised he even tries to fight the fires in the first place (unless something of monetary value is threatened, OH WAIT, THE AMAZON HAS MONETARY VALUE!!!!!!!!11!!11! just in ways Bolsonaro apparently can't comprehend!) since theres clearly a 'let it burn' attitude/vibe I'm getting.
The ranchers are paying more money than the loggers.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: August 27, 2019, 03:00:19 pm »

If anyone has wondered why I haven't talked about this sooner: it's because I'm too damn angry.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: August 27, 2019, 03:44:39 pm »

If anyone has wondered why I haven't talked about this sooner: it's because I'm too damn angry.
*Sends hugs*
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Trolldefender99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: August 27, 2019, 05:31:02 pm »

I'm not even down there and it pisses me off. But its also incredibly depressing seeing the amazon get torn down...not just by fires, even before just immense amount of land lost to logging and farming (mostly logging though as far as I know). So many animals, native tribes and life lost in name of profit. And its gonna damage the entire south america which will effect the whole world.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: August 27, 2019, 07:46:23 pm »

Didn't the fire started on communist Bolivia after some guys tried to clear a a part of the rainforest with fire and got out of hand? Not much twitter or news here, more pressing matters you see.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 73