Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 73

Author Topic: Latin American Politics: Moralism  (Read 92561 times)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
Re: Latin American Politics: Venezuelan Civil Unrest
« Reply #810 on: May 23, 2019, 06:47:32 pm »

Not the first time this happens, last time there weren't sanctions. Isaias Rodriguez migth fool people that don't know him, not only he was the master mind behind the killing of prosecuter Danilo Anderson, he's a huge tieve. People here laughed at his patetic attempt to appear as a depauperated guy.

He "worked" on PDVSA for some time, were he was paid a comision for every barrel of oil produced. This when the production and prices were high.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: May 23, 2019, 09:44:24 pm »

Given the context, I took it to mean 'piece of shit' or asshole or similar type remark. And yeah, I don't think anybody would really give a damn about the ambassador when regular people are suffering more than he.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: May 23, 2019, 11:37:59 pm »

My brain parsed it as "Thief"

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: May 24, 2019, 05:28:25 am »

For 200 points weird got it rigth. Sorry folks I generally correct those orthography gaps whenever pointed out but we were without power until now.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: May 24, 2019, 05:29:59 am »

And yeah, I don't think anybody would really give a damn about the ambassador
Perhaps...

when regular people are suffering more than he.
but fully in agreement.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: June 12, 2019, 09:16:30 pm »

In a time before time, I had a name.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: June 12, 2019, 09:18:53 pm »

Holy shit!, this is nuts.

Talk about an AmeriPol crossover...... Reading the thing, I'm interested to see his reasoning.....

edit: Oh, it's due to some expose saying that a judge corrupted the whole thing up. Not sure why Rep. Ro Khanna is asking the Trump admin to investigate it. If anything, it'd be some international or UN court that would do it as it's not even in the USs jurdicision.

edit2: Didn't the previous Brazillian President before Lula also get caught up in the so called 'car wash' scandal? I suppose it's not surprising that the judge was corrupt as well. Brazil is a real mess.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 09:25:04 pm by smjjames »

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: June 12, 2019, 09:49:39 pm »

Yeah, the thing implies that the whole judgment was a farse and the veredict already decided from the start, everyone is freaking out and taking sides. I thought it was bad enough before. Well, the more savvy people weren't surprised at all, since Moro went straight from his position to the incoming opposition cabinet and the president already promised giving him a position in the supreme court.

I'll cross to the ameripol I guess.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: June 12, 2019, 11:54:34 pm »

What, you mean cronyism is real outside the US?

UNPOSSIBLE!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: June 13, 2019, 12:14:21 am »

edit to previous post: Or rather the one after him, the first Brazillian woman President, forget her name XD

It's probably not likely that Bolsonaro had a hand in any of it and is just rewarding someone he sees as an ally.

It kind of brings up the question of, is the 'operation car wash*' corruption actually real? Since the whole corruption of the proccess brings into question the charges, it's only natural to wonder how much of them are trumped up (not sorry for the pun).

*What I know of, or at least part of the scandal is that they were doing something to a lake, but were using fake material instead of whatever they were supposed to do. It sounds way bigger than just that though and not sure where the car wash part comes in.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: June 13, 2019, 07:47:59 am »

Yes, operation car wash* is now ubder heavier scrutinity from the public because of that. We had big corruption scandals in the past, so not many of us doubt that the crimes uncovered by the operation are real. The problem is that now everyone that had a "pet bandit" as it is usually said here, imprisoned due to car wash can are now screaming foul play from the top of their lungs.

*Way, way bigger. It is called car wash because it started as a investigation into a car wash being used to launder money(heh).

Edit: Man, Moro and Dallagnol were working together with Supreme Judge Fux to stop the Squid interview (Which they succeeded, albeit with an unconstitutional decision by Fux), their texts:

Mensagem de 22 de abril de 2016

13:04:13 Deltan: Caros, conversei com o FUX mais uma vez, hoje
Dear gentlemen, spoke with FUX once again, today

13:04:13 Deltan: Reservado, é claro: O Min Fux disse quase espontaneamente que Teori fez
queda de braço com Moro e viu que se queimou, e que o tom da resposta do Moro depois foi
ótimo. Disse para contarmos com ele para o que precisarmos, mais uma vez. Só faltou, como
bom carioca, chamar-me pra ir à casa dele rs. Mas os sinais foram ótimos. Falei da importância
de nos protegermos como instituições
Reserved, of course: The Min[inister] Fux said almost spontaneously that Teori wrestled Moro and got burned, and that Moro's following response tone afterwards was great. Said to count on him for what we need, once again. All that was left, like a good carioca[Person from Rio de Janeiro], invite me to his home lol. But the signals were great. Talked about the importance of protecting ourselves as institutions.

13:04:13 Deltan: Em especial no novo governo
Specially in the new government

13:06:55 Moro: Excelente. In Fux we trust
Execellent. In Fux we trust

13:13:48 Deltan: Kkk
lol

---------

They talked about Teori, the former judge responsible for the investigation, who died in a terrible helicopter crash with no survivors and a lot of conspiracy theories are cropping up again.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 09:15:37 am by Magistrum »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: June 13, 2019, 10:16:37 am »

Time to rebuild Brazil from scratch? That is a hell of a deep corruption.

I knew Brazil had corruption issues, but that bad? I thought it was mainly the monetary sort of corruption (like the car wash scandal and the thing with that lake), this is like, a level above that. Also, with the way the Republicans act, it seems like they'd only be a few steps away from this kind of corruption.

I'm curious as to what Bolsonaro has said or thinks about all this. Time to see if he drops Moro like a radioactive potato?

And yeah, I've heard of that helicopter crash, seemed pretty suspicious for sure, but no conclusion was reached to my knowledge.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 10:22:38 am by smjjames »

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: June 13, 2019, 11:54:16 am »

While the conversations and everything that has been revealed so far is indeed really bad. Something has caught my attention with these news. Usually every journalist tries to protect their source of information, specially if that source works in "Illegal" ways. While Intercept did bring up some nasty shit that was previously hidden, they did 2 "mistakes" that make me a little suspicious (Not claiming that everything going on is fake though). First (Correct me if I'm wrong) they upright claimed to have gotten that information with the help of hackers, what kind of journalism group/blog simply yells to everybody that they work with hackers? Since Hacking is Illegal bascically everywhere... And also, so far, not a single screenshot has been released, or a video, an audio file, nothing. You can also notice that, in the conversation Magistrum showed above, the time of the messages has something suspicious:

Mensagem de 22 de abril de 2016

13:04:13 Deltan: Caros, conversei com o FUX mais uma vez, hoje
Dear gentlemen, spoke with FUX once again, today

13:04:13 Deltan: Reservado, é claro: O Min Fux disse quase espontaneamente que Teori fez
queda de braço com Moro e viu que se queimou, e que o tom da resposta do Moro depois foi
ótimo. Disse para contarmos com ele para o que precisarmos, mais uma vez. Só faltou, como
bom carioca, chamar-me pra ir à casa dele rs. Mas os sinais foram ótimos. Falei da importância
de nos protegermos como instituições
Reserved, of course: The Min[inister] Fux said almost spontaneously that Teori wrestled Moro and got burned, and that Moro's following response tone afterwards was great. Said to count on him for what we need, once again. All that was left, like a good carioca[Person from Rio de Janeiro], invite me to his home lol. But the signals were great. Talked about the importance of protecting ourselves as institutions.

13:04:13 Deltan: Em especial no novo governo
Specially in the new government

13:06:55 Moro: Excelente. In Fux we trust
Execellent. In Fux we trust

13:13:48 Deltan: Kkk
lol

Notice how Deltan sends 3 messages, one them quite big, not only on the same minute, but also in the same second(13:04:13). Now, I consider myself a fast typer, but this is a whole new level of fast typing. Jokes aside, that could mean two things, either it's a fake conversation forged by the "hackers", supported by the fact that we don't have any screenshots so far. Or Deltan could have said that to someone else, and then redirected the messages to Moro, which then involves a third person, which then, involves yet more investigation into it. From my perspective, either it is all fake, or it's even worse that we think.

EDIT: Hello Magistrum, long time no see...
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 02:33:13 pm by GPeter »
Yeah, there's plenty of information out there, but you don't need that information to form an opinion and then defend it to the death.
Hey, don't be like that. Your life never had any meaning in the first place!

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: June 13, 2019, 03:03:37 pm »

Hey there, how's life been treating ya? Ready for the general strike tomorrow?

First (Correct me if I'm wrong) they upright claimed to have gotten that information with the help of hackers,
They didn't claim that in article. It was claimed by some of the current government supporters that it was obtained illegally in order to render it unusable for legally persecuting the participants of the conversation.

Notice how Deltan sends 3 messages, one them quite big, not only on the same minute, but also in the same second(13:04:13). Now, I consider myself a fast typer, but this is a whole new level of fast typing. Jokes aside, that could mean two things, either it's a fake conversation forged by the "hackers", supported by the fact that we don't have any screenshots so far. Or Deltan could have said that to someone else, and then redirected the messages to Moro, which then involves a third person, which then, involves yet more investigation into it.
Yes, current understanding is that he was coordinating with fellow prosecutors in the case in a separate chat group of the persecution.(Which Moro wasn't part of, since he was the judge). It is implied in the start: "Dear gentlemen", that he was talking to many people. He sent it to that group and them forwarded to Moro. Since he was using Telegram, the time stamp on the messages is the time when he forwarded them.
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 73