Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 73

Author Topic: Latin American Politics: Moralism  (Read 92580 times)

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
Re: Latin American Politics: Venezuelan Civil Unrest
« Reply #825 on: June 13, 2019, 03:43:28 pm »

Hey there, how's life been treating ya? Ready for the general strike tomorrow?

First (Correct me if I'm wrong) they upright claimed to have gotten that information with the help of hackers,
They didn't claim that in article. It was claimed by some of the current government supporters that it was obtained illegally in order to render it unusable for legally persecuting the participants of the conversation.

Notice how Deltan sends 3 messages, one them quite big, not only on the same minute, but also in the same second(13:04:13). Now, I consider myself a fast typer, but this is a whole new level of fast typing. Jokes aside, that could mean two things, either it's a fake conversation forged by the "hackers", supported by the fact that we don't have any screenshots so far. Or Deltan could have said that to someone else, and then redirected the messages to Moro, which then involves a third person, which then, involves yet more investigation into it.
Yes, current understanding is that he was coordinating with fellow prosecutors in the case in a separate chat group of the persecution.(Which Moro wasn't part of, since he was the judge). It is implied in the start: "Dear gentlemen", that he was talking to many people. He sent it to that group and them forwarded to Moro. Since he was using Telegram, the time stamp on the messages is the time when he forwarded them.

Ok thanks. So that leaves me with only one suspection. Why don't we have any screenshots? I need screenshots dammit!

Honestly though, this is something I used to talk about with my father and we both agreed with it. I still believe that Lula is corrupt and deserve jail, I mean, so many people close to him arrested, he can't be the "saint guy" of the group. But he did suffer some chasing, I don't think Bolsonaro would've won the elections if Lula was competing. It makes me sad though, that we had so many good options (Álvaro Dias and João Amoedo being my favorites) other than those two, and the people still decided to go with them.

Sorry, did not catch the reference there...
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 03:45:01 pm by GPeter »
Yeah, there's plenty of information out there, but you don't need that information to form an opinion and then defend it to the death.
Hey, don't be like that. Your life never had any meaning in the first place!

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: June 14, 2019, 07:51:34 am »

Ok thanks. So that leaves me with only one suspection. Why don't we have any screenshots? I need screenshots dammit!
We are all waiting on it, but people suspect it being a backup download from the telegram website, and it only spits out a txt, so the screenshots would be quite disappointing. It is unlikely they are holding the guy's phone.

Greve geral mano! I already gave my guys the day off, nothing will get done today, I'm sure. The mobilization in my city will be one block away from my shop.
In a time before time, I had a name.

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: June 14, 2019, 08:04:02 am »

Greve geral mano! I already gave my guys the day off, nothing will get done today, I'm sure. The mobilization in my city will be one block away from my shop.

OHH, right! I'm not much into the them because 1_ I work in a Shipping Company (In the offices, not in the trucks) and 2_ I study at night on a Little Course (Got it? Haha kill me) and they barely pay attention to that. And also I live in a small city, 120k habitants...
Yeah, there's plenty of information out there, but you don't need that information to form an opinion and then defend it to the death.
Hey, don't be like that. Your life never had any meaning in the first place!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: June 30, 2019, 10:19:40 am »

This is interesting, a Russian connection in Uruguay. Uruguay's Presidential primaries are tomorrow and he could very well become Uruguays next President. The interesting thing about him is that he has Russian connections in the form of being married to the daughter of a Russian oligarch, plus the fact that he's spent 10 times more than any other candidate and his interest in politics is pretty recent.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: July 12, 2019, 02:45:25 pm »

Brazillian nepotism, HO!. (Bolsonaro wants to make one of his sons the US ambassador. Maybe Trump can make Ivanka the ambassador to Brazil or something, heh. Not that it'll likely get past the US Senate.)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: July 12, 2019, 03:23:09 pm »

Brazillian nepotism, HO!. (Bolsonaro wants to make one of his sons the US ambassador. Maybe Trump can make Ivanka the ambassador to Brazil or something, heh. Not that it'll likely get past the US Senate.)
Said son says he's qualified because "he made a hamburger in the US once".
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Cheesy Honkers

• Bay Watcher
  • eat the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: July 12, 2019, 03:25:53 pm »

Oh okay that'll do it

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: July 12, 2019, 03:34:48 pm »

Also, quote from him in the article, "There will always be criticisms. I don't believe that me being considered for this position is nepotism. We're not just talking about any individual that is unqualified for the position."

nep·o·tism
/ˈnepəˌtizəm/
noun
noun: nepotism

the practice among those with power or influence of favoring relatives or friends, especially by giving them jobs.

Don't know what his definition of nepotism is then.

While a Brazillian ambassadorship to the US is certainly among the cushier ambassadorships from there, you'd think it'd be taken with some seriousness. Then again, despots think alike, right?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: July 12, 2019, 04:38:22 pm »

Probably ‘cause he’s his son and not his nephew.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: July 12, 2019, 08:41:20 pm »

I assume his thinking is that he's qualified so it's not nepotism

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: July 13, 2019, 04:12:45 am »

Ironically just considering any random unqualified person would be less nepotistic.

Nepotist? Nepotismic? Nepotalione?
Love, scriver~

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: July 14, 2019, 10:03:57 am »

Yes waiter, I'll have the Nepotalione, with extra graft sauce. On the side I'd like some kickbacks, and to drink I'll have a cool glass of gerrymander.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: July 14, 2019, 10:13:36 am »

Very good sir.  Will you also have something from the Porkbarrel?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: July 14, 2019, 11:22:08 am »

Also, quote from him in the article, "There will always be criticisms. I don't believe that me being considered for this position is nepotism. We're not just talking about any individual that is unqualified for the position."

nep·o·tism
/ˈnepəˌtizəm/
noun

the practice among those with power or influence of favoring relatives or friends, especially by giving them jobs.

While a Brazillian ambassadorship to the US is certainly among the cushier ambassadorships from there, you'd think it'd be taken with some seriousness. Then again, despots think alike, right?
Also, the position? Been vacant for 4 months. When it fist became vacant, the pocket monster said he'd appoint someone "soon". Then his son reaches his 35th birthday. The VERY NEXT DAY? He is appointed as the ambassador. There's a minimum age of 35 to be ambassador.

But I'm sure he's totally qualified and the above facts are totally unrelated.

Faschs' gonna fasch.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: July 14, 2019, 12:13:50 pm »

nep·o·tism
/ˈnepəˌtizəm/
noun

Also, the position? Been vacant for 4 months. When it fist became vacant, the pocket monster said he'd appoint someone "soon". Then his son reaches his 35th birthday. The VERY NEXT DAY? He is appointed as the ambassador. There's a minimum age of 35 to be ambassador.

But I'm sure he's totally qualified and the above facts are totally unrelated.

Faschs' gonna fasch.

Life in the fasch lane.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 73