Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 73

Author Topic: Latin American Politics: Moralism  (Read 93608 times)

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
Re: Latin American Politics: Condor 2 Electric Bogaloo
« Reply #960 on: November 29, 2019, 11:04:12 am »

On the one hand, cartels are definitely a threat to the national security of both Mexico and the USA.

On the other hand, are Trump planning to invade Mexico?
A quick skim through other news on that website basically makes me think "tankies 2.0", so I highly doubt it.  Let's see, Chinese concentration camps are made up by US interests, Hong Kong protestors are really violent US-backed stooges based on xenophobia and nativist self-interest, and so forth, so I'd put it as a very firm [citation needed]. 

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: Latin American Politics: Condor 2 Electric Bogaloo
« Reply #962 on: November 29, 2019, 11:39:13 am »

The most I had previously heard about the Mexico thing was that Trump had offered via Twitter to send the us military to deal with the Mexican Cartels. Surprised they were considering any steps near the topic tbh.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Latin American Politics: DiCaprioGate
« Reply #963 on: November 29, 2019, 05:14:34 pm »

I'm uh... just gonna leave this here. Because seriously, no ammount of snark can do this idiocy justice.

Bolsonaro blames Leonardo DiCaprio for paying for NGOs to burn the Amazon.

It should go without saying that NGOs are not burning the Amazon, cattle and soy farmers are.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: November 29, 2019, 06:26:34 pm »

The way you wrote it I picture a bunch of cows with torches in hand starting fires along with some farmers.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: November 29, 2019, 09:10:29 pm »

The way you wrote it I picture a bunch of cows with torches in hand starting fires along with some farmers.
Oh my god yes. Thank you Baal.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: November 29, 2019, 11:03:42 pm »

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/nov/29/brazils-president-claims-dicaprio-paid-for-amazon-fires

One Brazilian created a webpage to attribute blame for the South American country’s various ills to a cast of Hollywood stars.

In it Tom Hanks was blamed for Brazil’s high taxes, Penélope Cruz for unemployment, Daniel Radcliffe for impunity, Johnny Depp for deforestation and Kate Winslet for its education crisis.

Harrison Ford found himself charged with responsibility for Brazil’s Kafkaesque bureaucracy while the government debt was the fault of Adam Sandler.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #967 on: November 30, 2019, 06:30:45 am »

Bolsonaro's not wrong. I even have photographic evidence of Leo burning down the amazon.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: November 30, 2019, 09:11:19 am »

Oh, that image was edited, he didn't do that.
Spoiler: Here is the real one. (click to show/hide)
In a time before time, I had a name.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: November 30, 2019, 09:32:08 am »

Is that a baby bottle? lol, and dunno what's with the character looking down his pants, obviously looking at a particular male member, but I don't know the context of the cartoon character.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: November 30, 2019, 03:23:44 pm »

Well, to be honest, the debt thing does sound like something Adam Sandler would do.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: November 30, 2019, 03:48:46 pm »

Is that a baby bottle? lol, and dunno what's with the character looking down his pants, obviously looking at a particular male member, but I don't know the context of the cartoon character.
This is a JPEG. All montagemanship is if the highest quality. On the item theres an image of Leo, The Sexual Apparatus and Others, a cock baby bottle, and trees.Leo is using  the cock baby bottle to set fire to the trees. The trees are burning.

That is the cover of a a french book called 'The sexual apparatus and others'[Don't know if there was an English print]. Its a book that explains sexuality meant for sixth years (about 13 yo). It was translated to Portuguese back in ~2006 but didn't get much attention then.

Back during the election Bolsonaro criticized the 'School with no homophobia' program, by the ministry of education and human rights, meant to stop homophobia in schools. He called it "kit gay" and said it was supposed to teach children to be homosexuals. He then said that this book was part of the kit gay, along with a 'cock baby bottle', supposedly to help students suck cock.

He was full of shit. Still is, but was back then too.
In a time before time, I had a name.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Latin American Politics: Fashes gona fash
« Reply #973 on: January 17, 2020, 11:02:47 am »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 73