Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Choose Your Fate: Roll To Dodge - Turn 3  (Read 9879 times)

Powder Miner

  • Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Choose Your Fate: Roll To Dodge - Turn 1 [6 / 8 Players]
« Reply #60 on: March 28, 2016, 11:58:33 pm »

"Well! I guess you could just decide it like that! Eyah!" Harry dashes into hiding.
Logged

lawastooshort

  • Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Choose Your Fate: Roll To Dodge - Turn 1 [6 / 8 Players]
« Reply #61 on: March 29, 2016, 12:32:06 am »

Find a bush to hide in.
Logged

AbstractTraitorHero

  • Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: Choose Your Fate: Roll To Dodge - Turn 1 [6 / 8 Players]
« Reply #62 on: March 29, 2016, 05:13:38 am »

He not it.
Hide probably in a tree
((Yeah the artifact robot....don't expect to get much from them...they greatly prefer actions over speech.))
Logged
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

DreamerGhost

  • Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Choose Your Fate: Roll To Dodge - Turn 1 [6 / 8 Players]
« Reply #63 on: March 29, 2016, 01:16:38 pm »

Spoiler: Eridan Seventeen (click to show/hide)

((Can one of the skills be a bit more of a trait than a skill?))
Logged
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

webadict

  • Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Choose Your Fate: Roll To Dodge - Turn 1 [6 / 8 Players]
« Reply #64 on: March 30, 2016, 10:07:37 pm »

Spoiler: Eridan Seventeen (click to show/hide)

((Can one of the skills be a bit more of a trait than a skill?))
((I'm up for negotiation... What would you like as a Trait? I am willing to let you do that, if you sacrifice something else. A Trait has no chance to fail, see, so it's far more powerful. You have one turn before your skills are finalized.))



Turn 2

For my sake, please make your actions in bolded regular text. Other than that, loving it, guys!

Nix attempts to scale the tree.
[5] - You quickly scale the giant tree. While you’re near the top, you get a good view of the top of the wall. Several Guards are pacing back and forth. Most of them are holding various weapons, presumably of Mystical or Alien Origins. You suspect they would be worth something to NON, if not your own survival.

Before you have time to do much of anything else, Nayous smashes the tree. The resulting shockwaves shake and rattle you, but you hang on tight. The tree falls toward the wall, but you make a leap before it collides. [Roll to Roll: 4] You land and roll, now inside the compound. Behind you, the wall collapses under the weight of the tree.

Luckily, the Guards appear to be distracted elsewhere. Unluckily, you are now trapped inside of a Lethal Grappling Trap. You are now face-to-face with a rather large steel robotic wrestler. However, you feel as though its cold, logical programming hasn’t detected you just yet.


Assess where I was damaged and how easily I could repair it.
He not it.
Hide probably in a tree
((Yeah the artifact robot....don't expect to get much from them...they greatly prefer actions over speech.))
[1] - Your circuits cross as you try to process two simultaneous actions at once. [Coin Flip: 2] You decide to fail at the second one instead by doing the first.

[Stealth: 3] INITIATING DAMAGE SCAN… you blare. You are unable to end the process.

DAMAGE FOUND TO NECK JOINT. Your cold, metallic voice echoes throughout the forest.

[Luck: 6] In an incredibly bizarre twist of fate, you manage to avoid being seen by any Guards. Unfortunately, this is only because Mr. Kobosh is standing in front of the spotlight that is currently pointed at both of you.


Well, the goal was to abduct the tree. But these branches will also be useful for... well... eye gouging perhaps?

Kick the sapling over, wedge the sharpest pebble into the shaft if practical, then carry it as a spear.

"I think our best bet is to knock that tree down and have it crush the wall. Thoughts?"
[5] - You kick a nearby sapling, snapping the tree at the base in spite of its youth and health. [1] You attempt to jam the pebbles into the sapling staff, but instead throw them into the ground. Eh, they were garbage anyway.

{Gained [Bo Staff]. Gained +2 XP to Crafting.}


A sly grin appears on Nayous' face. Knock down tree into the wall with inhumane strength, then relocate to avoid being seen.

"At the very least it is a distraction."

"Anyway, I figure our robot friend can act an innocent wanderer that happened to push over a free. If it fears the possible wrath of the guards then it can move with us."

"And remember I have a weapon."

[Strength: 5] - You charge the tree, pressing with all your might. [Direction: 4] The tree rips from the earth, smashing into the wall. Alarms and sirens go off immediately, [Stealth: 4] but they appear to be focused on Mr. Kobosh, who has characteristically koboshed whatever it was he was doing.

You take this time to tip-toe through the new opening in the wall, you sneaky devil, you. You are ever aware of the many Traps that are now in front of you.

{+2 XP to Super Strength}


"Well! I guess you could just decide it like that! Eyah!" Harry dashes into hiding.
[4] - You sneak away, hiding in some tall grass nearby. [Stealth: 3] You rustle and jostle amongst the grass. [Luck: 4] Of course, this is completely covered up by LasL0w literally screaming, a giant tree falling, and a few other mishaps happening at once. None of the Guards pay any attention to you.

You are now incredibly Stealthy.

{Stealthy: Next turn, you get a +1 bonus to Attack from your hiding spot.}


Kobosh attempts to hide behind the large tree.
Find a bush to hide in.
[1] - You take a desperate look around. There are several bushes and trees, large patches of long grass, and probably a large rock or two to hide behind. In sheer excitement, adrenaline, and probably horrible misjudgment, you picked this bush.

Its dying, drooping branches. Its dried and decayed fruit. You’re pretty sure the smell is from a deceased animal within its sad, dead structure.

[Stealth: 3] You snap a large twig. [Luck: 2] Three Guards immediately spot you, pointing you out with a flashlight, followed by a large spotlight on the wall.

You hear several shouts from the guards. Most of them are to freeze. A few others are to get on the ground. Well, they really need to get on the same page here.

Arrive
You quickly make your way into the Deployment Lab, only to be greeted by a "How the hell did you get in here!?"

Dr. Querty quickly looks at a clipboard, and then shoves you into the teleporter, telling you how incredibly late you are. He skips most of the safety lecture, hands you a small device, and then throws the clipboard over his shoulder as you sense yourself being smashed into a new location.

You arrive in the Forest Clearing.



New Location: Inside the Wall

A large tree has smashed into the south wall of the compound, leaving a gigantic hole into the compound. Severals Guards are on high alert, looking to find and capture a nice promotion for themselves.

Inside the wall and to the north is a large (and likely only) building inside the compound. Between the wall and the building looks to be several incredibly dangerous and potentially lethal Traps.



Players:
NRDL - Nix [Codename: Mesmer-Eyes]
Spoiler: Status: Normal (click to show/hide)

AbstractTraitorHero - NON ARTIFACT-5067-LasL0w [Codename: Optimus Mime]
Spoiler: Status: Injured (click to show/hide)

Powder Miner - Harry Hudson [Codename: Houdini]
Spoiler: Status: Normal (click to show/hide)

_DivideByZero_ - Nice Williams [Codename: Miss Aim]
Spoiler: Status: Normal (click to show/hide)

lawastooshort - Kobosh Kobosh [Codename: Security Risk]
Spoiler: Status: Normal (click to show/hide)

WunderKatze - Nayous [Codename: Dr. Death]
Spoiler: Status: Normal (click to show/hide)

DreamerGhost - Eridan Seventeen [Codename: D17to]
Spoiler: Status: Normal (click to show/hide)
Logged

AbstractTraitorHero

  • Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: Choose Your Fate: Roll To Dodge - Turn 2 [7 / 8 Players]
« Reply #65 on: March 30, 2016, 10:23:18 pm »

Step forward heroically like the gentleman I am to protect kobosh from that what wishes to harm them
In my robotic British accent
Protector mode engaged step forward and attempt to harm this one behind me and I'll be forced to bring upon you a bloody hell!
Logged
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

NRDL

  • Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Choose Your Fate: Roll To Dodge - Turn 2 [7 / 8 Players]
« Reply #66 on: March 30, 2016, 10:55:44 pm »

Nix decides to not move a fucking muscle.  He looks around for any openings in the trap.

((Is the trap like a pit or something, or a cage?  I'm not exactly sure what I'm in))
Logged
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

_DivideByZero_

  • Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: Choose Your Fate: Roll To Dodge - Turn 2 [7 / 8 Players]
« Reply #67 on: March 30, 2016, 11:14:26 pm »

It begins...

There must be something I can do here. I guess throw stuff?

Climb a tree for camouflage, picking up the pebbles again so I can throw them and redirect/accelerate them at the guards.
Logged
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

lawastooshort

  • Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Choose Your Fate: Roll To Dodge - Turn 2 [7 / 8 Players]
« Reply #68 on: March 31, 2016, 01:32:26 am »

"Er, thanks, Sir Robot. We should lure them out?"

Flee from the guards, sticking to the outside of the perimeter wall whilst taking evasive action.
Logged

DreamerGhost

  • Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Choose Your Fate: Roll To Dodge - Turn 2 [7 / 8 Players]
« Reply #69 on: March 31, 2016, 01:55:53 am »

((Could be that trait only activates when conditions are met. In my case, regeneration would only actually kick in if I eat, like some sort of enchanted metabolism focused on healing))
Logged
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

webadict

  • Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Choose Your Fate: Roll To Dodge - Turn 2 [7 / 8 Players]
« Reply #70 on: March 31, 2016, 08:37:46 am »

Nix decides to not move a fucking muscle.  He looks around for any openings in the trap.

((Is the trap like a pit or something, or a cage?  I'm not exactly sure what I'm in))
((You are trapped in a Roped-Off Area with a Steel Wrestler. You feel as though his large mechanical arms were built to keep out intruders by Crushing Their Spines. You are unable to smell what he is cooking.))

((Could be that trait only activates when conditions are met. In my case, regeneration would only actually kick in if I eat, like some sort of enchanted metabolism focused on healing))
((Acceptable. I shall call it Regener-eating.))
Logged

Powder Miner

  • Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Choose Your Fate: Roll To Dodge - Turn 2 [7 / 8 Players]
« Reply #71 on: March 31, 2016, 09:40:49 am »

Stealth-crawl over to Nayous' direction. Run like a little girl if Harry is discovered.
Logged

DreamerGhost

  • Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Choose Your Fate: Roll To Dodge - Turn 2 [7 / 8 Players]
« Reply #72 on: March 31, 2016, 12:00:08 pm »

<D17to>

Sneak towards the noise. If I can find a lone guard, knock him out.
Logged
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

WunderKatze

  • Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
Re: Choose Your Fate: Roll To Dodge - Turn 2 [7 / 8 Players]
« Reply #73 on: March 31, 2016, 02:02:42 pm »

Success. Nayous hears the guards' conflicting shouts for the others to 'freeze' and 'get on the ground.' Well, mostly anyways.

Survey the landscape for traps and possible exit/next entrance.

If Nix attracts the attention of the wrestler, discard my trenchcoat and leap into action against it using my strenght to smash it's head.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 02:48:19 pm by WunderKatze »
Logged
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

NRDL

  • Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Choose Your Fate: Roll To Dodge - Turn 2 [7 / 8 Players]
« Reply #74 on: March 31, 2016, 03:54:28 pm »

((By roped off, do you mean I can just literally waltz past the ropes as long as I get past Dwayne "The Rockbot" Johnson here?))
Logged
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6