Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Gait format  (Read 797 times)

neko.len.chan

• Bay Watcher
  • Nya
    • View Profile
Gait format
« on: April 02, 2016, 11:43:41 am »

So, I just returned to DF after a prolonged absence of modding. I decided that my species needed some widespread nerfing, including reducing a number of their stats and increasing how much pain they feel and blood they bleed. Finally, I decided that they moved too fast and that I wanted to nerf the gait I gave them, but still wanted them to move quickly. I understand how the gaits work, and I made it in the fyrst place... But unfortunately, I seem to have forgotten which number is which, and as a result I cannot figure out how to make them move slower.

So, anybody have any idea?
"When you wake in the morning, consider suicide."
BY ARMOK WHO KEEPS LEAVING CORPSES IN ALL THE FRIGGIN DOORWAYS?!?

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Gait format
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2016, 12:00:04 pm »

Do you mean the format of the GAIT token, or the format for the gait creature variations?

The format for the former is hidden away in c_variation_default:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

For the variations, the first argument is the default speed (walk, etc), the second is the next fastest as well as the speed where the faster gaits start on, and the third and fourth are the faster speeds after that. The fifth is a slower speed, and the sixth is the slowest of all.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

neko.len.chan

• Bay Watcher
  • Nya
    • View Profile
Re: Gait format
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2016, 12:35:22 pm »

Thanks. I meant the format of the GAIT token btw.
"When you wake in the morning, consider suicide."
BY ARMOK WHO KEEPS LEAVING CORPSES IN ALL THE FRIGGIN DOORWAYS?!?