Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: distracted animals  (Read 4503 times)

kingsableye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: distracted animals
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2016, 01:34:36 pm »

Wolves are not very religious compared to deer, using this known fact we can confirm that animals are getting distracted from lacking temples.

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2016, 01:46:19 pm »

Deer have more reason to pray. Chief among those reasons are wolves.
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

nickbii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2017, 06:26:57 pm »

Has anyone figured out a way to undistract these animals?

I've got a distracted Gray Langur whose yellow arrow has become annoying.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2017, 02:44:06 am »

The only certain way to get rid of the exclamation mark I know of it butchering, but that cure might be worse than the ailment. Otherwise, rotating animals by butchering the old and keeping the young will reduce the time period during which the animals can be distracted.
I believe animals have been observed to sneak off to temples to pray, so you can try to paint omni temples over your pastures. That would result in dorfs seeking out the pastures to pray rather than the regular temple, to some extent, but DF doesn't (yet) model animal->dorf disease transmission, so it won't increase the number of (swine) flu outbreaks.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2017, 10:58:38 am »

There's this reddit post, but haven't tested it and nobody else seems to have mentioned checking it either. 

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2017, 11:03:47 am »

Based on my looking at needs (trying to get rid of overstaying visitors, to no avail: they don't leave just because their needs are fulfilled) setting the needs values ought to work. I haven't actually looked at the script, though.

nickbii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2017, 08:49:12 pm »

The only certain way to get rid of the exclamation mark I know of it butchering, but that cure might be worse than the ailment. Otherwise, rotating animals by butchering the old and keeping the young will reduce the time period during which the animals can be distracted.
I believe animals have been observed to sneak off to temples to pray, so you can try to paint omni temples over your pastures. That would result in dorfs seeking out the pastures to pray rather than the regular temple, to some extent, but DF doesn't (yet) model animal->dorf disease transmission, so it won't increase the number of (swine) flu outbreaks.
I let her out of her pasture, and she did go to the temple, but she didn't do anything there. Probably because, as a monkey, she cannot speak and therefore cannot pray. I may try the DFHack script, if I ever install DFHack.

Nolimit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2017, 06:25:41 am »

I'm pretty sure that using DFHack's gui/gm-editor you not only can lower its distraction level, but also completely remove its need to pray.
Pages: 1 [2]