Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Can you build up your own Hamlet  (Read 3452 times)

ytuarte

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Can you build up your own Hamlet
« on: March 25, 2016, 06:00:41 pm »

I understand you can become like a lord or leader of a group but can you actually like kill the lord of a town than claim yourself lord of the town or could you set up a small base in the wilderness and have a camp of sorts or even eventually turn it into a small settlement.

Andmore

• Bay Watcher
  • Former lurker
    • View Profile
Re: Can you build up your own Hamlet
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2016, 07:10:00 pm »

Presumably in the upcoming version. AFAIK you can claim a space for yourself using k. You don't have to kill the current leader, and, as far as I am aware, you probably don't want to, because everyone will hate you for it.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2016, 07:13:05 pm »

Presumably in the upcoming version. AFAIK you can claim a space for yourself using k. You don't have to kill the current leader, and, as far as I am aware, you probably don't want to, because everyone will hate you for it.

You arn't actually in control unless you kill the previous leader, make sure to recruit people though because otherwise you will probably get a revolt very quickly, seek out the old lords soldiers and kill them all to minimize the risk.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2016, 07:42:36 pm »

You could take over a dwarf fort if you migrate a character there and just assign them leader.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

FoiledFencer

• Bay Watcher
  • keepin' it feudal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2016, 07:17:41 am »

As far as I understand, the next version will include adventure mode building and construction. So you should be able to build a small settlement with houses and a palisade in the woods and claim it, yes.
"Lithrushâst Kúdlizat: Fetidfur, the slick notch, a grizzly bear leather loincloth. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is studded with zinc, decorated with grizzly bear leather and encircled with bands of grizzly bear leather. This object menaces with spikes of grizzly bear leather."

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:OFFTOPIC:5][NOTHOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2016, 12:30:20 pm »

...wonderful memories of the creeping sense of dread...

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2016, 01:14:28 pm »

I am an indie game dev!

Catmeat

• Bay Watcher
  • 50/50 cat pork burger wth sweet lime sauce is best
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2016, 08:15:57 pm »

Soon™
Puns are social lubricant.
Too much and you lose sensation

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2016, 04:59:00 pm »

Most hamlets will only give you "real" "control" over the site if you run the lord out of town or kill him--you get a special message telling you and NPCs (vaguely) acknowledge it after you get the message.

That said you can murder him where nobody will see and dispose of his corpse by, say, putting his dismembered parts in a bag and throwing them into a river or something.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2016, 05:21:37 pm »

Most hamlets will only give you "real" "control" over the site if you run the lord out of town or kill him--you get a special message telling you and NPCs (vaguely) acknowledge it after you get the message.

That said you can murder him where nobody will see and dispose of his corpse by, say, putting his dismembered parts in a bag and throwing them into a river or something.

the funny thing is that you can ACTUALLY do that. And it will work. DF is crazy.
I am an indie game dev!

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
  • Ischrotaur Axe Lord [SUPERNATURAL][STRANGE_MOODS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2016, 03:54:40 pm »

the funny thing is that you can ACTUALLY do that. And it will work. DF is crazy.

Brilliant! I'll be sure to attempt to pull it off the next time I want some area for myself.

But then again once next version comes out I'll be more busy building my own fort or a tower on a flat patch of land.
"I'll make my own way." - Max Rockatansky

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2016, 07:09:28 am »

As long as we can set up stable populations in them, I'll be content to pick a nation, strengthen its borders with forts, and grab the soldiers to run them. Assuming we can block off passes. Which will probably have to wait until we can change the landscape itself and de-ramp hillsides to keep enemies out.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2016, 07:21:53 pm »

I did it once, actually. Nobody suspected a thing--I got the idea from one of Toady's modlogs in which he stated that people won't accuse you of crimes they haven't heard of. Nobody sees the crime? Nobody hears about it.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Ekaton

• Bay Watcher
  • Love the Bomb
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2016, 02:26:18 pm »

Is there anything to do after you kill the lord and become one yourself? Any decisions you can make or orders to give?

ShinQuickMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Mook
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2016, 06:16:57 pm »

You can give or demand tribute from other leaders, though it's unknown what this actually does (if anything). You can also get hearthpeople. That's about it.
Pages: [1] 2